• 19(current)
[MAC] VDADecoder performance over HDMI on new Mac Mini?
VDA is broke again ? news to me.
Hi Davilla

Sorry about that I'm running Dharma.This is from system info version 10 (unknown (compiled feb 3 2011) i have set vda decoder to on Mac mini is running 10.6.6 Processor 2.4 ghz intel core duo memory is 2gb. All the files are mkv converted with handbrake to original apple tv preset, files are ok on my old mac mini 1.8ghz running snow leopard
davilla Wrote:VDA is broke again ? news to me.

I thought 10.6.4 broke it, was it ever fixed in subsequent releases?
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Paulkai Wrote:Hi Davilla

Sorry about that I'm running Dharma.This is from system info version 10 (unknown (compiled feb 3 2011) i have set vda decoder to on Mac mini is running 10.6.6 Processor 2.4 ghz intel core duo memory is 2gb. All the files are mkv converted with handbrake to original apple tv preset, files are ok on my old mac mini 1.8ghz running snow leopard

If you are having problems playing converted files (especially with the AppleTV preset) then you have other issues. Converted Blurays or DVDs?..really shouldn't matter.

Philmatic Wrote:I thought 10.6.4 broke it, was it ever fixed in subsequent releases?

You really need to read the Thread...work your way backwards....Or try a nightly
I have checked the thread but I have just copied the movies over to my older mac mini 1.83 and all the files are playing perfect so it it must be something on new mac mini, how do I downgrade the software??
Paulkai Wrote:I have checked the thread but I have just copied the movies over to my older mac mini 1.83 and all the files are playing perfect so it it must be something on new mac mini, how do I downgrade the software??

Can you play the Alice mkv found in this thread?
D-tyme Wrote:You really need to read the Thread...work your way backwards....Or try a nightly

Yeah, sorry about that... I stopped following the thread a while back and didn't see that it was fixed. NICE!
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Okay I have played the files back in plex and they work perfect, then went back into xbmc and went to system settings disabled vertical blank sync, now I get no stuttering but I now when watching movies I get what I can only describe a ripple in the picture now and again, when I turn vertical blank sync to enable during playback I don't get the ripple but I get the movie stuttering every few frames. Any ideasHuh Movies play fin in plex so it can't be the files?? It must be a setting hope someone can shed some light on this Smile
Paulkai Wrote:Okay I have played the files back in plex and they work perfect, then went back into xbmc and went to system settings disabled vertical blank sync, now I get no stuttering but I now when watching movies I get what I can only describe a ripple in the picture now and again, when I turn vertical blank sync to enable during playback I don't get the ripple but I get the movie stuttering every few frames. Any ideasHuh Movies play fin in plex so it can't be the files?? It must be a setting hope someone can shed some light on this Smile

You may want to start a new thread with more details (i.e. XMBC.log, Screenshot /w info while playing file, etc.). I don't believe your issue is what was once broken and the focus of this thread.
Did some digging on the mac went into to display settings and noticed it was set to 24 hz changed to pal 50hz and back into xbmc no problems now, out of interest is 24 hz supported by xbmc?
Answered.
This fixes the issue:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/vdadecoder-mac-o.../#comments
well_armed Wrote:This fixes the issue:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/vdadecoder-mac-o.../#comments

Is this the same fix that davilla posted a while ago, or is this a different fix?
I have tried this file on my 2010 Mac Mini:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/wp-content/uploa...6.4fix.dmg

I am still experiencing a lot of stutter with 1080p MKV Bluray rips. No stutter with Plex, only with XBMC. What settings should be configured for smooth playback of 1080p MKV? Also, should the auto screen resolution work? Does not seem to be taking effect.

Thanks!
I'm closing this thread now as it's too long and has served it's original purpose.

For further issues, open a new post and if you don't include details (versions, logs, display setup, etc) and possible samples, then your post might get ignored.

There are way too many posts of , 'I got a problem, please help me' with no details given. Without details, there's no way to reproduce, much less figure out what's going on. If you want help, then make the effort to supply the details.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] VDADecoder performance over HDMI on new Mac Mini?0