ASROCK 330 HT - analog audio output (minijack)
Hello!

I've just installed the XBMC live 9.11 on my new Asrock 330 HT. I've manged to start included remote controller support and I'm really impressed how great piece of software XBMC is :-)

Unfortunately I have one problem with sound. I have old, stereo amplituner, which works with analog inputs, and I wanted to connect Asrock to this amplituner. I have tried this today and there is no sound at all. I've tried with headphones (connected directly to Asrock minijack out) - the same issue.

Can anyone help me with enabling analog output for Asrock XBMC installation? I have played with xmbc audio system settings but it didn't work (setting analog output for ice 958). HDMI sound works.

I will appreciate any help,

regards
Woj
Hello,

I've managed to get analog sound using this System Settings in XBMC:

Quote:SOUND:
- sudo alsamixer > unmute chans
- sudo alsactl store 0

If you unmute channels, max volume in alsa.
remove the .asoundrc and set xbmc to
analog
on

But now I have different problem - I can hear quite annoying noise in speakers.
I've checked possible solutions:
- different cable (didn't help)
- amplituner settings (didn't help)
- volume down on master in alsa (didn't help)

My laptop and Set-top box are also connected to this amplituner (also via analog inputs) and there is no noise with this devices. With Asrock - hard to say that this is hi-fi Sad

Any ideas? I will check possible bios settings, maybe this will help. There is no noise on my headphones connected directly to Asrock, so there must be some problem with Asrock-Amplituner setting...
Crappy sound card from laptop is not generating such noise on this amp... That is weird....

Any suggestion will be appreciate.
regards
W.
akawoj Wrote:But now I have different problem - I can hear quite annoying noise in speakers.
I've checked possible solutions:
- different cable (didn't help)
- amplituner settings (didn't help)
- volume down on master in alsa (didn't help)

My laptop and Set-top box are also connected to this amplituner (also via analog inputs) and there is no noise with this devices. With Asrock - hard to say that this is hi-fi Sad

Any ideas? I will check possible bios settings, maybe this will help. There is no noise on my headphones connected directly to Asrock, so there must be some problem with Asrock-Amplituner setting...
Crappy sound card from laptop is not generating such noise on this amp... That is weird....

Well, jut for keeping this thread active I will answer to myself once again.

I've checked - the noise is present on headphones as well. I think that quality of the analog outputs of Asrock build-in sound card is not really good... I'm thinking about new amplituner, which will have digital inputs, this should solve noise issue.
Anyway - if someone had simillar problem with Asrock 330 - please let me know.

regards
AW
I'm suffering from the same problem - I bought new speakers today and I am very annoyed by the constant noise generated from them... and it is the asrock, because when I have them on and pull the plug from asrock the noise stops.

I can also hear that when I scroll or use the mouse the noise will react to the movement of the mouse/webpages. Do you get that too? Just an observation that the noise is generated by actions on the asrock :-)

I will try to run the speakers through my TV and see if it gets better by doing that, and run sound from asrock via HDMI to my TV.

Hopefully that will work better, if not... well :-(

Have you solved this by now maybe? Thankful for any feedback!
Oh! I solved it.

I opened "alsamixer" in a terminal and reduced the volume on "mic" to zero. Also the "front" channel added noise, spite not being in use.

Hope this helps someone because I have been sitting for hours trying stuff, haha.

Cheers!
igen Wrote:Oh! I solved it.

I opened "alsamixer" in a terminal and reduced the volume on "mic" to zero. Also the "front" channel added noise, spite not being in use.

Hope this helps someone because I have been sitting for hours trying stuff, haha.

Cheers!

Nice!

What I did was switching to amplituner with digital optical input...

Thanks for sharing Your solution.

best regards
W.
akawoj Wrote:Nice!

What I did was switching to amplituner with digital optical input...

Thanks for sharing Your solution.

best regards
W.

Oh, to a complete noob when it comes to audio technology... what does that mean exactly? :-D

I still have a very faint noise, but nothing compared to what was there before. Still a bit annoying.

I have audio out on my TV so I will buy RCA -> phono 6.3 jack cables today and try if that works better.

Ty for reply! Hopefully we help someone else with this too.
Now I have yet another problem, when I start XMBC I hear noise from the base - a pulsating low base noise..... how annoying Sad

I really don't know how to solve this. I bought RCA to 6.3 photo cables today to connect my speakers to the TV instead but that doesn't give any sound to the speakers at all so I am stuck with the asrock sound card it seems...

Don't know how to solve these problems... will keep searching for a solution...
Ok, the humming noise from the base ends when I start a movie, so I can live with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASROCK 330 HT - analog audio output (minijack)0