Building a ION based HTPC; need some advice
Didn't he say he wanted a volume knob?
smalla Wrote:why go back in time i am thinking o buying the ASUS AT5IONT-I w ww.outsidecomputers.nl/at5ionti-d525-onboard-p-5363.html

it is ion 2, next month the "deluxe" version should be available with IR, WIFI and bluetooth

and it has usb 3.0 and ddr3

That board isn't even available yet and ION2 is hardly any better than ION1 to be worth waiting for it. Also iut has to be seen how compatible it is with Linux/XBMC.
Bleeding edge is not necessarily better.

There are several ION1 boards with DDR3 available (just look at the link I posted earlier in this thread) and USB3.0 is hardly useful on a HTPC (at least for me it's completely useless).
Dougie085 Wrote:Didn't he say he wanted a volume knob?

Ooops, I was thinking it was a different case... Still a good deal...

-Erik
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've bought a Asrock ION330-HT. I couldn't find the perfect case, the good ones are all way too expensive. And a lot of people here use a Asrock ION330, so there is lots of info available. It's only 300,- euro...a lot cheaper then the HTPC I'd build would be.
Waiting for it to be delivered...Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building a ION based HTPC; need some advice0