Help with remapping the ASRock remote for XBMC
ExGemini Wrote:I double and triple checked the option inside XBMC to make sure nothing was out of place.
1) Use a full screen windows rather than true fullscreen - disabled
2) Remote controll sends keyboard presses
3) With your original .reg file, the back button still works as a back to menu
4) With a small modify to the .reg file to restore the backscape imput, it simply do nothing in full screen but still works as a back to menu inside XBMC.

We are missing something I guess ... well I do for sure Smile

I will upload the files for you. Will let you know when they are up. I think you might not have edited the keyboard.xml correctly. The reg file never changed what the back button does.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:I will upload the files for you. Will let you know when they are up. I think you might not have edited the keyboard.xml correctly. The reg file never changed what the back button does.

Cheer,
EG.

Kay ... I'll unistall xbmc, delete all the files and restore the reg file to original and do another step by step thingy Smile
elitegamer360 Wrote:I will upload the files for you. Will let you know when they are up. I think you might not have edited the keyboard.xml correctly. The reg file never changed what the back button does.

Cheers,
EG.

And it works.
It was messed up badly inside the user folders Smile
Thanks for the mega support and if you going to do, one day, a XBMC Xbox classic remore control mapping, please let me know I would love to help you out with testings! Nod
ExGemini Wrote:And it works.
It was messed up badly inside the user folders Smile
Thanks for the mega support and if you going to do, one day, a XBMC Xbox classic remore control mapping, please let me know I would love to help you out with testings! Nod

So glad that you did it lol Laugh I was about to upload the files :-) no need now. Ok no worries will consider your help for future testing no problem.Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:So glad that you did it lol Laugh I was about to upload the files :-) no need now. Ok no worries will consider your help for future testing no problem.Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.

Ohhh Almighty EliteGamer!!! When you got some time to spare, would you like to help me out in configuring the volume in the registry too?
ExGemini Wrote:Ohhh Almighty EliteGamer!!! When you got some time to spare, would you like to help me out in configuring the volume in the registry too?

No probs :-), let me know what is the problem with them, aren't they working for you? You still using Camelot 9.11 right?

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:No probs :-), let me know what is the problem with them, aren't they working for you? You still using Camelot 9.11 right?

Cheers,
EG.

Yes, still not working and yes still using Camelot 9.11 for that small problem with the ccxgui thingy.
ExGemini Wrote:Yes, still not working and yes still using Camelot 9.11 for that small problem with the ccxgui thingy.

Ok I fixed the problem for camelot 9.11 sound including the mute button, but for the mute you have to do it your self Big Grin I will tell you how, easy! Laugh

Please download my latest reg for Camelot 9.11 Config.v1.224c.reg apply it and restart windows. I still have not updated my site with it I will do after finishing this post.

For the Mute button, please edit Keyboard.xml as follows:

Please edit your keyboard.xml with XML Marker as follows:
1- in XML Marker just search for <volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
2- please replace <volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute> with <b>Mute</b>

Thats all. Now your vloume buttons should work and the mute button as well. I could've uploaded a specific Keyboard.xml for Camelot but I do not want to add to many files in my site which might cause confusion

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Ok I fixed the problem for camelot 9.11 sound including the mute button, but for the mute you have to do it your self Big Grin I will tell you how, easy! Laugh

Please download my latest reg for Camelot 9.11 Config.v1.224c.reg apply it and restart windows. I still have not updated my site with it I will do after finishing this post.

For the Mute button, please edit Keyboard.xml as follows:

Please edit your keyboard.xml with XML Marker as follows:
1- in XML Marker just search for <volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
2- please replace <volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute> with <b>Mute</b>

Thats all. Now your vloume buttons should work and the mute button as well. I could've uploaded a specific Keyboard.xml for Camelot but I do not want to add to many files in my site which might cause confusion

Cheers,
EG.

Works like a charm, thanks for your hard working on this, again! Smile
ExGemini Wrote:Works like a charm, thanks for your hard working on this, again! Smile

I am glad all good for you now. Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:I am glad all good for you now. Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.

Hey buddy, just to let you know: I decided to move on from the old Camelot and now I'm under the final Dharma 10.0.
Everything is fine, I just use the Windows 7 share now and it's alot faster than the old ccguix Smile

I'll soon upgrade to a Harmony Remote I guess, but for now I'll stick with my Asrock. Is there any specific reg file I need from your website for the new Dharma 10.0?
ExGemini Wrote:Hey buddy, just to let you know: I decided to move on from the old Camelot and now I'm under the final Dharma 10.0.
Everything is fine, I just use the Windows 7 share now and it's alot faster than the old ccguix Smile

I'll soon upgrade to a Harmony Remote I guess, but for now I'll stick with my Asrock. Is there any specific reg file I need from your website for the new Dharma 10.0?

Thank you for the info mate, will do the same when I build my next HTPC. :-)

Best of luck with the Harmony Remote Smile While you still using the Asrock Remote if every thing is functioning like you expect then there is nothing to update to. The difference between the camelot config and XBMC v10 config is that the last sends MCE friendly keys, but that aint important in this situation because you will be moving to Harmony Remote anyways.

Cheers,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with remapping the ASRock remote for XBMC0