Help with remapping the ASRock remote for XBMC
I applied the Remote-XBMC.reg but now the power button has been assigned to Alt + F4. How do reverse this so the power button acts like a power button again for the AsRock?
King_Felix Wrote:I applied the Remote-XBMC.reg but now the power button has been assigned to Alt + F4. How do reverse this so the power button acts like a power button again for the AsRock?

Edit Remote-XBMC.reg using Notepad and change the line:

Code:
0c,00,00,00,04,04,3d,\ ; Power - was "03,82,00" sends alt-F4

to be:

Code:
0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; Power - default config is "03,82,00"

Now just rerun Remote-XBMC.reg and reboot. This will set the config for the power button back to the default. The text after the semi-colon is just a comment and can be omitted if you don't want it.

JR
nikolas7gr Wrote:I set pictures to Alt-i and it works. I have version 9.11 and here is the log jr
http://pastebin.org/387623

Ah, you're using the release v9.11 as you can tell from the log file entry:

Code:
NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows  build 7600.  Built on Dec 23 2009 (SVN:26017, compiler 1500)

The mod="whatever" attribute isn't processed by v9.11, so I'm surprised the new config works at all. I'm afraid you'll need to install a newer version of XBMC for it to work reliably.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Ah, you're using the release v9.11 as you can tell from the log file entry:

Code:
NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows  build 7600.  Built on Dec 23 2009 (SVN:26017, compiler 1500)

The mod="whatever" attribute isn't processed by v9.11, so I'm surprised the new config works at all. I'm afraid you'll need to install a newer version of XBMC for it to work reliably.

JR
newer version?? isnt 9.11 the latest? Are there any newer builds?
edit: OK... you ve already gave me the link above..sorry! I`ll try a newer build and try again. Next task to make vlc work as external player for mkv files cause xbmc cant hadle them...Sad
nikolas7gr Wrote:newer version?? isnt 9.11 the latest? Are there any newer builds?
edit: OK... you ve already gave me the link above..sorry! I`ll try a newer build and try again. Next task to make vlc work as external player for mkv files cause xbmc cant hadle them...Sad

You'll find the development builds will play mkv files too ;-)

JR
I ve tried the latest build after all. I installed over my previous xbmc that was portable and i messed it up a bit. It runs ok but i have identical files in program files and appdata->roaming...xmbx. Again, no problem. It plays hd content just fine after i enabled the hardware acceleration. Picture and Movies buttons still dont work.Only music button.Thats weird. Oh and the rss editor doesnt work too but thas another story... i should have installed this build right from the start though.
jhsrennie Wrote:Edit Remote-XBMC.reg using Notepad and change the line:

Code:
0c,00,00,00,04,04,3d,\ ; Power - was "03,82,00" sends alt-F4

to be:

Code:
0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; Power - default config is "03,82,00"

Now just rerun Remote-XBMC.reg and reboot. This will set the config for the power button back to the default. The text after the semi-colon is just a comment and can be omitted if you don't want it.

JR

Cheers,

worked a treat!
nikolas7gr Wrote:I have identical files in program files and appdata->roaming...xmbx.

That's correct. A keyboard.xml file in userdata\keymaps adds to or overrides definitions in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml. It's good practice not to modify the system\keymaps file and make all the changes you want in your userdata\keymaps folder. That way if it all goes wrong you can just delete the keyboard.xml from your userdata\keymaps to go back to the defaults.

JR
Dont know how to delete posts, trash this.
jhsrennie Wrote:@Snaqejack: I've updated the key mappings in mceremote.zip at xbmcmce.sourceforge.net. Grab a copy and run the Remote-XBMC.reg and reboot. Now copy the sample keyboard.xml to %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps (if there isn't a keymaps folder in %appdata%\xbmc\userdata create it).

At this point the i button will now display info, and the following three buttons will do something useful:

Music: ctrl-M - go to the music section
Pictures: ctrl-I - go to the pictures section
Movies: ctrl-E - go to the video section

The button that used to send ctrl-6 is the Teletext button. XBMC does actually have a Teletext function, though I'm not sure what it does, and the XBMC standard keystroke for this is "v". So I've configured the Teletext button to send "v". To make this open the context menu, edit the keyboard.xml provided in mceremote.zip and add the following key mapping:

Code:
<!-- Redefine v to open the context menu -->
      <v>ContextMenu</v>

The last thing is mapping the button at the top left to toggle between fullscreen video and file window. We need to find out the internal id of this button. To do this run the CreateTestConfig.reg and reboot, then use Showkey to see what keystroke the button sends and post the information here. That will tell me how the button can be configured. Run the Remote-XBMC.reg and reboot to set the remote back to the XBMC keystrokes.

JR

I love you keymap and it is brilliant. But! Yes there is a but, I can not access OSD menu when playing movies. Normally I will do this pressing the green mce button, but this does not work anymore. Can you tell me how to access OSD menu again by button?
http://www.yodo.dk/ is my small site were I write guides and news in danish about XBMC and HTPC
StefanM Wrote:I love you keymap and it is brilliant. But! Yes there is a but, I can not access OSD menu when playing movies. Normally I will do this pressing the green mce button, but this does not work anymore. Can you tell me how to access OSD menu again by button?

If you ran Remote-XBMC.reg then it configured the green button to send ctrl-shift-X. You can check this by using the Showkey applet to see what keypress the green button is sending.

You have two options:

1. edit Remote-XBMC.reg to configure the green button to send M.

Open Remote-XBMC.reg in Notepad and find the line:

Code:
0d,00,00,00,04,03,1b,\ ; Windows - sends ctrl-shift-X

change this to:

Code:
0d,00,00,00,04,00,10,\ ; Windows - sends M

Save the file, then double click it to install the registry changes and reboot. Use ShowKey to check that the green button now sends M.

2. create a custom keyboard.xml to make ctrl-shift-X open the OSD

Run Notepad and paste in:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <x mod="ctrl,shift">OSD</x>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Save this as %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml. Run XBMC, start a video and press ctrl-shift-X on the keyboard to check it opens the OSD.

JR
Hi jhsrennie,

this is a great thread and has helped me very much thank you. I still have a few things I would like the remote to do as follows when playing a film in xbmc if you press the keyboard letter o button you get the cpu usage and video diagnostic info on screen I would like the star button on my asrock remote to replicate this, this key shows me this <eight mod="shift">Notification(key, eight, 3)</eight>.

also in xbmc when playing a film if you press the keyboard m button you get the osd menu appear, I would like the hash button on my asrock remote to replicate this, this key shows me <three mod="shift">Notification(key, three, 3)</three>

also in xbmc when playing a film you can switch between aspect ratios using the keyboard button z
I would like the radio icon button to replicate this, this key shows me <a mod="ctrl">Notification(key, a, 3)</a>

I am running xbmc rev 32352Dharma on pc win 7
using Asrock remote. Hope you can help me.So far I have ran your Remote-XBMC-Asrock.reg file
restarted pc then modified your keyboard.xml file so the the teletext button is now the context menu and the green windows button starts xbmc
and placed it in the keymaps folder.which has all worked great.

again thanks very much so far.

JohnSmile
hasselhof Wrote:when playing a film in xbmc if you press the keyboard letter o button you get the cpu usage and video diagnostic info on screen I would like the star button on my asrock remote to replicate this, this key shows me this <eight mod="shift">Notification(key, eight, 3)</eight>.

also in xbmc when playing a film if you press the keyboard m button you get the osd menu appear, I would like the hash button on my asrock remote to replicate this, this key shows me <three mod="shift">Notification(key, three, 3)</three>

also in xbmc when playing a film you can switch between aspect ratios using the keyboard button z
I would like the radio icon button to replicate this, this key shows me <a mod="ctrl">Notification(key, a, 3)</a>

Using Remote-XBMC-Asrock.reg the * button sends shift-8 and the # button sends shift-3. As I recall these are the defaults, and they aren't very useful for XBMC as for somewhat techical reasons the shift modifier doesn't work in keymaps when used alone. So you need to edit Remote-XBMC-Asrock.reg to change what * and # send. I'd just configure them to send O and Z because then you don't have to tamper with the key mapping.

So open up Remote-XBMC-Asrock.reg in Notepad and find the lines:

Code:
1c,00,00,00,04,02,20,\ ; # (shift-3)
  1d,00,00,00,04,02,25,\ ; * (shift-8)

and change these to:

Code:
1c,00,00,00,04,00,10,\ ; # button - sends M
  1d,00,00,00,04,00,12,\ ; * button - sends O

Run the modified .reg and reboot, and you should find the * and # buttons work as you want.

Lastly you want the Radio button to do the same as Z. You could modify Remote-XBMC-Asrock.reg, but the easy way is just to modify your keyboard.xml. Assuming you're starting with the sample keyboard.xml in mceremote.zip find the lines:

Code:
<!-- Radio: ctrl-A: there isn't an obvious function in XBMC -->
      <a mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, Radio, 3)</a>

and change these to:

Code:
<!-- Radio: ctrl-A: map this to the AspectRatio action -->
      <a mod="ctrl">AspectRatio</a>

JR
Hi jhsrennie,

Thanks for the reply, I did all the above as described and everything worked as you said it would, which is brilliant, you're a starCoolThank youBig Grin

In my previous post I described that I had remapped the green windows button on my remote to start up XBMC in the keyboard.xml, in actual fact I right clicked on the XBMC.exe then selected properties, and selected the shortcut key window, and pointed it to the green windows key on my asrock remote, is this the best way or can you suggest another way, maybe to modify the reg file?

Finally the key on the keyboard "\" ,if you like, windows down XBMC I would like the blue key on the Asrock remote to replicate this, this key shows me
<four mod="ctrl">Notification(key, four, 3)</four>

Thanks for all your help, my Asrock remote is currently equal to my old xbox remote thanks to you

all the best

John.Wink
hasselhof Wrote:In my previous post I described that I had remapped the green windows button on my remote to start up XBMC in the keyboard.xml, in actual fact I right clicked on the XBMC.exe then selected properties, and selected the shortcut key window, and pointed it to the green windows key on my asrock remote, is this the best way or can you suggest another way, maybe to modify the reg file?

That's exactly what I did :-)

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with remapping the ASRock remote for XBMC0