Help with remapping the ASRock remote for XBMC
anyoneHuh:confused2:
What does ShowKey show when you press the green button? If you check all the non-working buttons with ShowKey and post the results here I'll have a look.

Incidentally I've updated my mceremote.zip. You might want to grab the most recent copy and try the .reg and keyboard.xml files from it.

JR
Hi JR and thanks for replying...

Here is what show key gives me...
<x mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, x, 3)</x>

In the mean time i will download the newest version and let you know what happens.

Mike
pikohn Wrote:Hi JR and thanks for replying...

Here is what show key gives me...
<x mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, x, 3)</x>

In the mean time i will download the newest version and let you know what happens.

Mike

ShowKey gives you the line to add to your keyboard.xml, so adding:

Code:
<x mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, ctrl-shift-x, 3)</x>

to your keyboard.xml will make the green button display the notification. Once you've confirmed this works you can change the action to something useful.

NB for various reasons the latest .reg file in mceremote.zip configures the green button to send ctrl-shift-W instead of ctrl-shift-X. If you use this latest version your keyboard.xml needs:

Code:
<w mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, ctrl-shift-w, 3)</w>

JR
I tried putting in the line of code you gave me, and I did not get a notification.
If it helps i notice that keys that do not require 'ctrl shift' work just fine. They also show up in showkey without a mod tag.

Example:
The play button on my remote shows up as <p>Notification(Key, p, 3)</p>
But the windows button shows up as <x mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, x, 3)</x>
Run XBMC, turn on debug logging (settingfs, system, debugging), then press the green button three times, then turn debug logging off again. Post the xbmc.log on pastebin.com (don't post it here, it will be too big) and post the link here and I'll have a look.

JR
Hi JR,

I have done what you said and posted the into to pastebin. Here is the link:http://pastebin.com/Ka5U8eh1

I appreciate you helping me out with this. If you need anything else from me just let me know.

Mike Smile
Aha, if you look at line 172 in the log you'll find:

21:57:08 T:2204 M:4294967295 ERROR: Error loading keymap: special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml, Line 14
Error reading Attributes.

so there's an error in your keyboard.xml at line 14.

Is your keyboard.xml the same as you posted in comment 45 of this thread? If so there are some obvious errors e.g.

<p mod=Notification(Key, p, 3)>play</p>

I assume you probably meant:

<p mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, p, 3)>play</p>

I strongly recommend you download the latest version of mceremote.zip and use the keyboard.xml supplied in it as that maps actions to all the known MCE keystrokes. There's even a batch file you can double click to automatically copy the keyboard.xml to the correct place. Run the MSRemote.reg and reboot before trying XBMC to make sure the remote config matches the keyboard.xml.

JR
I downloaded the newest version of your software and all the buttons are working perfectly now. Thank you again for your help!
Hi All,
I have an Asrock IOn 330 HT BD, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate and XBMC Dharma.
Then I used mceremote.zip solution to use the asrock remote (mce compatible device) with all its buttons. After registry modification I used the keymap.xml to map the buttons as I want.
The only problem left is the inability to use the onscreen xbmc virtual keyboard. I can't move around virtual buttons with my remote.
Can someone help me to solve this problem? thanks in advance

Riccardo

P.S.
with XBMCLive the remote works fine, the virutal keyboard is used.
I think you go to Settings, System, Input devices and enable "Remote control sends keyboard presses".

JR
I've a small problem.
I've installed Windows 7x64 and xbmc on my brand new Asrock Core 100-HTBD.
I downloaded the reg file and copied the keyboard.xml in the directory. I then double clicked the reg and rebooted, result?
The remote doesn't works anymore.

Can someone help me out a little please?
ExGemini Wrote:I've a small problem.
I've installed Windows 7x64 and xbmc on my brand new Asrock Core 100-HTBD.
I downloaded the reg file and copied the keyboard.xml in the directory. I then double clicked the reg and rebooted, result?
The remote doesn't works anymore.

Can someone help me out a little please?

mmm... What XBMC version are you using?
elitegamer360 Wrote:mmm... What XBMC version are you using?

Not the Dharma RC1 ...
That one crashed when I try to open remote sharking
I'm using the original 9.11 from the download site

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with remapping the ASRock remote for XBMC0