Help with remapping the ASRock remote for XBMC
ExGemini Wrote:Not the Dharma RC1 ...
That one crashed when I try to open remote sharking
I'm using the original 9.11 from the download site

download my config file for camelot apply it restart your pc then tell me if it works.

See my site link in my sig.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:download my config file for camelot apply it restart your pc then tell me if it works.

See my site link in my sig.

Cheers,
EG.

Worked like a charm! Smile
Now I'll try to learn how to config the remote to do exacly what the old xbox remote did back in the days ... especially the "back" button that should do the quick re-wind of few seconds, very good for instant replay
ExGemini Wrote:Worked like a charm! Smile
Now I'll try to learn how to config the remote to do exacly what the old xbox remote did back in the days ... especially the "back" button that should do the quick re-wind of few seconds, very good for instant replay

check the remapping section in my site, the easiest way to do it is to go with Option A a tiny app that does the job well.

Or if you know how to modify keyboard.xml then do that.

You will find everything you need in my site.

EDIT: "quick re-wind of few seconds" the navigation buttons should do this trick for you, for them to work properly in XBMC make sure you ENABLE "Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses" in Settings_> System_> Input Devices

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:check the remapping section in my site, the easiest way to do it is to go with Option A a tiny app that does the job well.

Or if you know how to modify keyboard.xml then do that.

You will find everything you need in my site.

EDIT: "quick re-wind of few seconds" the navigation buttons should do this trick for you

Cheers,
EG.

Thank you again for the support.
I will give your site a good reading to get the general idea and when I'll simply edit the xml file Smile
You're welcome. :-)

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:You're welcome. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

Actually If I may abuse your patience again ...
Speaking of the "back" button.
I don't know if you every had xbmc on the old xbox but back then, you could navigate with the arrows for skipping 30 seconds back and forth and the up and down arrows for minutes.

The cool thing about the back button is that he kinda gave you an instant replay, something like 5 seconds backward or something.

On this setup the back key bring you back to the file list.
Is there a way to change that?
ExGemini Wrote:Actually If I may abuse your patience again ...
Speaking of the "back" button.
I don't know if you every had xbmc on the old xbox but back then, you could navigate with the arrows for skipping 30 seconds back and forth and the up and down arrows for minutes.

The cool thing about the back button is that he kinda gave you an instant replay, something like 5 seconds backward or something.

On this setup the back key bring you back to the file list.
Is there a way to change that?

Yes I was actually used to the Back button acting like an instant replay using the XBOX but after moving to windows it caused me so many times to lose focus of the video until I learnt to just use the navigation buttons.

But here's the good news YES you can configure how much time the navigation buttons skips. its very easy really, just do as follows:

go to:

C:\Users\Elite\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

in this example C:\ where I installed windows and my windows username is Elite as shown above.

Note : if you can not see "AppData" then enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives"
heres how if you do not know! in any windows window select Organize_> folder and search options_> view_> Hidden files and folders select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and click OK.

OK now in \userdata create a new text document and rename it to advancedsettings.xml and make sure its .xml at the end not .txt

now copy this code and paste it in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
          <timeseekforward>30</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
          <timeseekbackward>-30</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

Note in the above code the number "30" you can change this value to anything you want, I have it at 10 seconds lol Laugh. Also in my site there is a link in main page to download XML Marker, I would recommend using it to edit your xml files! after doing the above hit save and you are good to go.

Fire XBMC and enjoy Nod

you can do so manythings in advancedsettings.xml for more information about the video section and other settings please refer to this Wiki

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Yes I was actually used to the Back button acting like an instant replay using the XBOX but after moving to windows it caused me so many times to lose focus of the video until I learnt to just use the navigation buttons.

But here's the good news YES you can configure how much time the navigation buttons skips. its very easy really, just do as follows:

go to:

C:\Users\Elite\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

in this example C:\ where I installed windows and my windows username is Elite as shown above.

Note : if you can not see "AppData" then enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives"
heres how if you do not know! in any windows window select Organize_> folder and search options_> view_> Hidden files and folders select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and click OK.

OK now in \userdata create a new text document and rename it to advancedsettings.xml and make sure its .xml at the end not .txt

now copy this code and paste it in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
          <timeseekforward>30</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
          <timeseekbackward>-30</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

Note in the above code the number "30" you can change this value to anything you want, I have it at 10 seconds lol Laugh. Also in my site there is a link in main page to download XML Marker, I would recommend using it to edit your xml files! after doing the above hit save and you are good to go.

Fire XBMC and enjoy Nod

you can do so manythings in advancedsettings.xml for more information about the video section and other settings please refer to this Wiki

Cheers,
EG.

Once again my thanks, this infos are precious to the least Smile
Speaking of the back/instant replay: does windows act strange with that comand? Because I simply use the Asrock Core 100 as media center for xbmc, nothing else and I wouldn't mind to restore that funcion for the remote, if is it actually possible ofcourse Huh
ExGemini Wrote:Once again my thanks, this infos are precious to the least Smile
Speaking of the back/instant replay: does windows act strange with that comand? Because I simply use the Asrock Core 100 as media center for xbmc, nothing else and I wouldn't mind to restore that funcion for the remote, if is it actually possible ofcourse Huh

Oh yes it's possible, but I haven't said any thing about it because I did not test it myself.

As in my previous post about advancedsettings.xml just insert this code in the file and that should do the trick :-)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
       <smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds>  <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

You can change the value "7" to whatever you find fit for your needs. Laugh

Let me know if that does not work, I'll look into it for you.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Oh yes it's possible, but I haven't said any thing about it because I did not test it myself.

As in my previous post about advancedsettings.xml just insert this code in the file and that should do the trick :-)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
       <smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds>  <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

You can change the value "7" to whatever you find fit for your needs. Laugh

Let me know if that does not work, I'll look into it for you.

Cheers,
EG.

Followed your instructions but nothing happens.
The back button works as "back to the menu" like before Sad
ExGemini Wrote:Followed your instructions but nothing happens.

Ohhh, I see! No probs, as I said i never tested this so I will look into it for you. Hopefully by tomorrow will let you know how it went.

Edit: make sure you read the wiki I posted earlier it has everything you need to know in case I missed something, If you still can not sort it, tomorrow I'll let ya know.

Cheers,
EG.
ExGemini Wrote:Followed your instructions but nothing happens.

Ok Sorted :-)

I just had to do a simple modification to the Keyboard.xml file and adjust the time to "5" seconds in advancedsettings.xml and now your remote will do exactly what you want. Hint: while in Full screen video there is no going back unless you press "Stop" or if you are using my Keyboard.xml the red button will toggle video to the background Big Grin.

OK..

edit advancedsettings.xml with XML Marker & make sure you have this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
       <smallstepbackseconds>5</smallstepbackseconds>  <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
    </video>
</advancedsettings>
you can change "5" to any value you want, XBMC default is "7" then Save and exit.

Edit Keyboard.xml find it here [C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\] with XML marker and do as follows:

1- on XML Marker left navigation window click on the "+" against "keymap"
2- from the dropdown tree look for "FullscreenVideo" click on it
3- Now the right side will be highlighted look for <backspace>Fullscreen</backspace>
4- change it to <backspace>SmallStepBack</backspace>

Note: back button will still function like normal outside the Full sceen video Nod

Save and exit XML Marker. Launch XBMC and Enjoy. Laugh

not sure if I should add this to my Custom setup! it will certainly make XBOX users like me feel at home but it might alienate others specialy new windows users "they will think what the **** is going on" lol I might do it in the xml section as an optinal feature.. will see Laugh

Thanks for reminding me about it. ;-)

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Ok Sorted :-)

I just had to do a simple modification to the Keyboard.xml file and adjust the time to "5" seconds in advancedsettings.xml and now your remote will do exactly what you want. Hint: while in Full screen video there is no going back unless you press "Stop" or if you are using my Keyboard.xml the red button will toggle video to the background Big Grin.

OK..

edit advancedsettings.xml with XML Marker & make sure you have this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
       <smallstepbackseconds>5</smallstepbackseconds>  <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
    </video>
</advancedsettings>
you can change "5" to any value you want, XBMC default is "7" then Save and exit.

Edit Keyboard.xml find it here [C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\] with XML marker and do as follows:

1- on XML Marker left navigation window click on the "+" against "keymap"
2- from the dropdown tree look for "FullscreenVideo" click on it
3- Now the right side will be highlighted look for <backspace>Fullscreen</backspace>
4- change it to <backspace>SmallStepBack</backspace>

Note: back button will still function like normal outside the Full sceen video Nod

Save and exit XML Marker. Launch XBMC and Enjoy. Laugh

not sure if I should add this to my Custom setup! it will certainly make XBOX users like me feel at home but it might alienate others specialy new windows users "they will think what the **** is going on" lol I might do it in the xml section as an optinal feature.. will see Laugh

Thanks for reminding me about it. ;-)

Cheers,
EG.

Followed your instruction, I even uninstalled xbmc to be sure but the back button still doesn works.
Maybe is related to the .reg file since is an Asrock thingy?
I double and triple checked the option inside XBMC to make sure nothing was out of place.
1) Use a full screen windows rather than true fullscreen - disabled
2) Remote controll sends keyboard presses
3) With your original .reg file, the back button still works as a back to menu
4) With a small modify to the .reg file to restore the backscape imput, it simply do nothing in full screen but still works as a back to menu inside XBMC.

We are missing something I guess ... well I do for sure Smile
ExGemini Wrote:Followed your instruction, I even uninstalled xbmc to be sure but the back button still doesn works.
Maybe is related to the .reg file since is an Asrock thingy?

No, the reg file does not have anything to do with it! The back button sends the same key in Camelot and dharma.

Are you sure you modified keyboard.xml and advancesettings.xml like I said. I tested mine last night before going to sleep and works perfect Smile

Listen try again one last time, if you can't pull it. I will upload the files for you so all you have to do is just replace them with your originals.

Cheers,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with remapping the ASRock remote for XBMC0