Band of Brothers
How do I handle the naming/grouping of a boxed set such as Band of Brothers which has 5 disks comprising of multiple parts, how do I file there VOBS/folders etc? I use Ember Media and it doesn't seem to like the fact that I have 5 separate folders all similarly named just have extra disk 1, 2, 3 etc - any help appreciated.
Hello,

TheTVDB classifies all series such as BOB, The Pacific, etc. into a season format. I am not sure about using the DVDs because I have mine ripped to avi files, but what I had to do was to put all the episodes in a "Season 1" folder under Band Of Brothers. You may want to try something similar with your DVDs.

Mark
Might be more appropriate to ask the question on the 'ember' thread since its their app your using to scrape the releveant information.
The issue with putting all into one folder is that ripped from the DVD's is the file naming the various episodes all have VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB etc so I can't get them all into one folder, any other ideas?
Other than what about reading Post 3 (they might just have a solution there) - might want to try MakeMKV - rips to individual files (chapter and subtitle) support if required. Ripping in this way allows you to set-up your naming convention with TV Shows\Band Of Brothers\Season 1\S01E01, S01E02 etc. Makes the whole scraping issue much easier - IMHO.
DoubleSpeed Wrote:The issue with putting all into one folder is that ripped from the DVD's is the file naming the various episodes all have VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB etc so I can't get them all into one folder, any other ideas?

Well what I did was play them on your computer till it shows the name of the episode. then relabel it accordingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Band of Brothers0