[LIVE] XBMC is losing settings
I have been running 9.11 XBMC Live for few months now. Already twice I have lost all the settings. There were no upgrades and I wasn't tinkering with the system. It is basically just used to play movies and music. There is no other OS or anything else installed on the machine. It is pretty much dedicated XBMC HTPC. Of course XBMC is installed on HD and not running of USB stick.

What could be causing this? I have found two posts describing similar problem but no solution was posted.

Thanks.
Exact same thing here (except I AM running on a USB stick). Once in a while i'll start my ASRock ION and it starts up as the default Live install (ie. I have to re-configure my setup). It's not a huge deal, but it is annoying and is 5 minutes work when it happens.

I might have been one of those people you mentioned who was having this problem you saw in a post, I posed about it late last year. The problem seemed to go away on its own, but now it's back.
Thanks for replying. This problem and another one (garbled sound on mp3s after a few minutes of playback) are the major drawbacks of the XBMC system that make me want to look for alternatives. Everything else is almost perfect.
Same problem (with randomly losing settings).

Everything works fine for anywhere from a few weeks to a few hours, then **WHAM** all settings are gone.

I have to reset the language and time zone, configure and align the screen, set weather locations, etc.
BTW, this is on an Acer Revo, no errors in logs.
I just noticed I loose my settings after I unplug my Revo 1600 from the power source when using a SD card for boot. I thought it was sort of weird being that the settings are stored on the card, or at least I thought they were stored on the card.
Same issue here running r28042 on an Acer Revo Jaunty Mini installed on internal HDD
If i unplug it or hard reset it i lose settings
No mention of it in log

Drew
That sure is strange, the settings are stored as xml files in ~/.xbmc/userdata, they shouldn't just disappear, even if you turn off the power while xbmc is running.
Unless you turn it off while a settings file is being written, but since that only takes a few milliseconds the chance of doing that is very low.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] XBMC is losing settings0