RTMP(E) Question(s)
I recently read that rtmp protocol is supported in xbmc and this seems great. I'm struggling to get 2 live tv stations to work with xbmc, but i have no idea where to start.
First, here's one tv station: rtmpe://fms16.mediadirect.ro:80/live2/realitatea?id=1644334/realitatea

The player can be seen here: http://webtv.realitatea.net/live

My questions: is this doable? python is the way to go? there is a thread where i can request this tv station to be implemented as an add-on?

Thanks for any advice!
Yes, it's doable. If you set the URL up correctly it should play from a .strm file. Setting up the URL correctly is the tricky bit! You might find some useful information in the Hulu developers thread and/or the ticket on trac regarding librtmp.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hey Guys,

I am sort of struggling with the same thing. I am trying to get the MTV Video plugin working. It uses rtmp. I adjusted to work in the new addon environment and now I can get to data and menus. but when I actually try and pull a file in I get

rtmp protocal not supported. is there a doc anywhere to show how I need to adjust the script to support an rtmp stream?
Sounds like you have built XBMC without rtmp support.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Yes, it's doable. If you set the URL up correctly it should play from a .strm file. Setting up the URL correctly is the tricky bit! You might find some useful information in the Hulu developers thread and/or the ticket on trac regarding librtmp.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks, jmarshall! I'll try to dig deeper, as far as i read the forum and trac i can't understand the steps to "set up the URL correctly". If someone can describe the tools/steps to make that, i will be grateful. I'm frustrated to know that xbmc can do rtmp(e), to have the rtmpe link, and not to know what to do with that. Smile
Thanks!
Hey Thanks!

That was it actually. I lacked librtmp. I downloaded the release of rtmpdump and it enabled rtmp but still crashed... I grabbed the svn for rtmpdump and recompiled. Now rtmp streams work like a champ! Although
I got the MTV Plugin working in the new addon environment I found a posting by the Developer for it. He has a nice version already converted. So this is been a cool teaching a learning excersize for me. thanks for all the help! Love this product and just added XBMC Remote to my android... works like a charm!!!

from
steveZ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RTMP(E) Question(s)0