Problem Reverting back to Stable Eden......
I have decided to give up on nightlies for a while after running nightly builds for over 2 years. The new audio engine does not like my sound card at the moment and won't recognize a passthrough device. I have gone ahead and updated my Oneirc minimal install to Pangolin 12.04, backed up necessary config files, and removed XBMC from the system. I removed any unstable PPAs, including the Nathan Rennie-Waldock one I was using prior to compiling from Git myself. I have added back the official XBMC Stable PPA as described in the Wiki article here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...u/HOW-TO_3

However, now when I attempt to install XBMC from stable I get this error:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc : Depends: xbmc-bin (< 2:11.0~git20120423.cd20772-1.1~) but 2:11.0~git201206092052~9f00022-1~ppa1~oneiric is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Looks like it is still trying to install a nightly, but I'm not sure why. After removing the old PPAs and adding the official stable PPA I did do an apt-get update to update my apt sources. What command do I need to run to ensure all previous unstable XBMC traces are gone from the system? Than ks for any assistance on this. I will just stay on stable for awhile and maybe sometime in the future go to nightlies again. I tried to test out XBMCbuntu this time as well, but never could get the installer to start off of a USB drive. I tried LiLi and Unetbootin both and couldn't even get to the installer. So for now I'll just stick with my minimal setup.
port the output of
Code:
ls -ltr /etc/apt/sources.list.d
apt-cache policy xbmc
apt-cache policy xbmc-bin

btw: the official xbmc Eden package for ubuntu 12.04 is in the normal ubuntu repository. No need for a ppa there if you can live with things like missing rar support
Nevermind, looks like somehow xbmc-bin was still installed. Removed that and was able to install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Reverting back to Stable Eden......0