• 11(current)
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version
I have an Acer Revo R3610 which is not waking up from suspend with the remote or the wireless keyboard / mouse. It wakes fine by pressing the power button on the Revo.

I've read through this thread but am not sure what the final conclusion is. Has a general fix or workaround now been found or is it only for a lucky few? It's not clear if some have this working with the newer kernels (>2.6.32-22) or not.

EDIT: Anyone got it working on an Acer Revo R3610?

I am running xbmcLive Dharma Beta 4 with kernel 2.6.32-25-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP.

I have the following:
Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 045e:006d Microsoft Corp. eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 07ab:fc88 Freecom Technologies
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1241:f767 Belkin
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0606 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB 2.0 Hub / D-Link DUB-H4 USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device  S-state   Status   Sysfs node
SMB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:03.2
USB0      S3     enabled   pci:0000:00:04.0
USB2      S3     enabled   pci:0000:00:04.1
NMAC      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0a.0
PBB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:09.0
HDAC      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:08.0
XVR0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:0c.0
XVR1      S4     disabled  
P0P5      S4     disabled  
P0P6      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:15.0
P0P7      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:16.0
P0P8      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:17.0
P0P9      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:18.0

xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ grep 006d /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/idProduct
/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-3/idProduct:006d

xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ dmesg | grep mceusb
[   13.783779] lirc_mceusb: Windows Media Center Edition USB IR Transceiver driver for LIRC 1.90
[   13.783790] lirc_mceusb: Daniel Melander <[email protected]>, Martin Blatter <[email protected]>, Dan Conti <[email protected]>
[   14.174100] lirc_mceusb[2]: Microsoft Microsoft IR Transceiver on usb2:2
[   14.490153] usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb
I have done
Code:
echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "USB2" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-3/power/wakeup
and also added the two enable USB# lines to rc.local
Code:
#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
exit 0
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
OK, my revo is resuming using the keyboard now. Unplugging the keyboard dongle and reinserting it fixed that. Still no resume by remote. Just have a constant red light on the IR receiver.

Is there any negative effect caused by rolling the kernel back to 2.6.32-22 on Dharma Beta 4? My seup is working well as it is except for the inability to wake by remote so I don't want to mess thngs up.
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:OK, my revo is resuming using the keyboard now. Unplugging the keyboard dongle and reinserting it fixed that. Still no resume by remote. Just have a constant red light on the IR receiver.

Is there any negative effect caused by rolling the kernel back to 2.6.32-22 on Dharma Beta 4? My seup is working well as it is except for the inability to wake by remote so I don't want to mess thngs up.

I had no downsides at all... having said that I now have an issue where after resuming once from standby i can't put XBMC in standby (it immediately resumes when you try). However this is a separate issue and I am going to do the known fix for that this evening.
Thanks lat297. I'll give the kernel downgrade a go later today. Let us know if you fix the problem of the immediate resume.
Well, I downgraded the kernel to 2.6.32-22 and my system still does not resume using the remote. I'll have to look a little deeper in to it but don't really know where to start as I've gone through this thread and enabled USB0 and USB2 as detailed above.
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:Well, I downgraded the kernel to 2.6.32-22 and my system still does not resume using the remote. I'll have to look a little deeper in to it but don't really know where to start as I've gone through this thread and enabled USB0 and USB2 as detailed above.

It's a long shot but have you tried any other USB ports on the machine, I have found in the past it will transmit codes etc while awake but will not awake whan asleep even when the rest of the issues are dealt with.

rgds,

Dave
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try another port but it made no difference. I'll try that later this afternoon.

I am starting to think this may be a problem with how the Harmony One (configured as mceusb) remote codes are configured though. I created a power toggle button on the remote to test with and that seems to work 60-70% of the time. Sometimes it will wake the pc on the first press, sometimes I need to press the button twice. Other times it has no effect and doesn't wake the pc at all.

I haven't been able to figure out any pattern or why it is acting inconsistent.

The lirc.conf.mceusb file has the following codes for power
Code:
000000037ff07bf3 00 Power mceusb - PowerToggle
000000037ff07bd6 00 BD6 mceusb - PowerOn
000000037ff07bd5 00 BD5 mceusb - PowerOff
The BD5 and BD6 don't seem to do anything but that may be that I have not got my code mappings correct across the Lircmap.xml and remote.xml files. I need to check those more carefully.

Can someone with a MCE remote please confirm which power command they are using to suspend and wake their pc's. Also, are you using the same command to suspend and wake (i.e. power toggle) or separate power off and on? I don't have an MCE remote so cannot compare.

I'd also like to hear from other Harmony users as to how they have their power button configured.
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:I'd also like to hear from other Harmony users as to how they have their power button configured.

Hi Mate

I have this working with Harmony One, but I did find it quite troublesome at first... this is how I have it setup:

XBMC Setting:
Power button sends XBMC to sleep, not full power off

To power on from remote:
Harmony One set to use PwrToggle, not PowerOn (I found PowerOn was unresponsive sometimes)

To power off from remote:
Hamony One set to send two commands: first 'DirectionUp' then 'PwrToggle'. My reason for this is that when XBMC goes into screensaver or dims the display when idle, the first IR command is always ignored, so I send a dummy command that pretty much does nothing anyway.

I'll be honest, this is only working about 80% of the time for me too - I have an MCE remote and I have the same results there, so I don't believe it's the Harmony...

Luke

UPDATE: just playing with the Harmony One settings now, there are Intra-key delays you can configure to slow the command sequences down a bit - I'm going to try this out to see if it helps smooth out the 20% of times it doesn't work... my concern is this may slow down general use of the remote.

UPDATE #2: Ok, changing the Intra-key delay in Harmony to 300ms has a positive impact. I have now changed the power off settings to send PowerToggle twice rather than DirectionUp then PowerToggle. Don't ask me why, but that seems to make a difference! Make sure you don't send the PowerToggle twice to turn on though - sounds obvious but for me that just turns it on and off, so I had to check the option 'my device has a different button for turning off than for turning on" even though it doesn't.

I think that's it!

Luke
Thanks for posting your settings. I'm not far off from what you have.
lat297 Wrote:XBMC Setting:
Power button sends XBMC to sleep, not full power off
I have the same setting
lat297 Wrote:To power on from remote:
Harmony One set to use PwrToggle, not PowerOn (I found PowerOn was unresponsive sometimes)
I have the same setting
lat297 Wrote:To power off from remote:
Hamony One set to send two commands: first 'DirectionUp' then 'PwrToggle'. My reason for this is that when XBMC goes into screensaver or dims the display when idle, the first IR command is always ignored, so I send a dummy command that pretty much does nothing anyway.
I never had trouble with sending the PC to sleep although I'm not sure I ever tried when the screen is dimmed. I don't use a screen saver. I'll have to try it.
lat297 Wrote:I'll be honest, this is only working about 80% of the time for me too - I have an MCE remote and I have the same results there, so I don't believe it's the Harmony...
Interesting that you see the same results with a MCE remote. It implies that the problem either lies with the PC and bios or the IR receiver not sending a proper signal. Maybe no enough power is being provided to it? Strangely my wireless keyboard wakes the PC without any problems and had worked 100% of the time.
lat297 Wrote:UPDATE: just playing with the Harmony One settings now, there are Intra-key delays you can configure to slow the command sequences down a bit - I'm going to try this out to see if it helps smooth out the 20% of times it doesn't work... my concern is this may slow down general use of the remote.

UPDATE #2: Ok, changing the Intra-key delay in Harmony to 300ms has a positive impact.
My interkey delay is already set to 300ms
lat297 Wrote:I have now changed the power off settings to send PowerToggle twice rather than DirectionUp then PowerToggle. Don't ask me why, but that seems to make a difference! Make sure you don't send the PowerToggle twice to turn on though - sounds obvious but for me that just turns it on and off, so I had to check the option 'my device has a different button for turning off than for turning on" even though it doesn't.
I'll give this a go. I've had the power setting set to "the same button is used to powering on / off the device".

One question. When your pc is suspended is the IR light on or off? Mine is on (which I find strange) and then goes off when the PC wakes and flashes on when a command from the remote is received.
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:One question. When your pc is suspended is the IR light on or off? Mine is on (which I find strange) and then goes off when the PC wakes and flashes on when a command from the remote is received.

Hmm, that does seem odd... mine is always off until I press a button, it then flashes in the usual way and the machine comes out of standby. I don't think I've ever noticed the IR receiver being lit all the time in any state...

Luke
I tried your suggestions of having two powertoggle commands sending the pc to suspend and then a separate powertoggle command to wake it but it doesn't work for me. I still get the same behaviour.

For some reason I need to press the powertoggle repeatedly usually 3-4 times to get the pc to wake. The problem is that there are no log s to check as the pc is suspended and the wake up command does not appear in the logs.

It may be something peculiar to the Revo R3610 which is the next thing I going to have to try figure out. At the moment I cannot think of any other explanation.
lat297 Wrote:I had no downsides at all... having said that I now have an issue where after resuming once from standby i can't put XBMC in standby (it immediately resumes when you try). However this is a separate issue and I am going to do the known fix for that this evening.

I have the Zotac ion-A and since I switch from Camelot to Dharma RC1 I can put the system in standby once, but after it wake, I can't anymore until I reboot. I used the rc.local trick and the usbcore.suspend too but no luck

xbmc-on-revo:

I got the same problem too related to the IR light always on. It's my LCD TV, once I shut it off the light is off. But once again, I didn't had that problem before with Camelot Huh
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:For some reason I need to press the powertoggle repeatedly usually 3-4 times to get the pc to wake. The problem is that there are no log s to check as the pc is suspended and the wake up command does not appear in the logs.

Related to the Wake on USB work once in my previous post, I found that I have to press the power button on my remote twice before it wake for the first time.

First press: My IR light shutdown (It's always on)
Second press: The system wake and the IR light stay on

Did they change the version of Lirc in Dharma vs Camelot?
I got resume from standby to work with Maverick and latest linux kernel by doing this:

dmesg | grep mceusb
Code:
[   17.403131] mceusb [b]2-5[/b]:1.0: Registered Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb3:2

Take note of:
mceusb 2-5

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

And look for your the entry with your remote information:

Code:
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=15c2 Product=0038 Version=0001
N: Name="iMON Remote (15c2:0038)"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:0b.0-6/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0b.0/usb2/2-5/2-6:1.0/rc/rc0/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd mouse1 [b]event5[/b]
B: EV=100007
B: KEY=fff 0 0 400000 108c0320 2d50082 0 0 30000 4 119000 4196 14100801 809e1680 0 2000000 10004002
B: REL=103

Take note of:
Handlers= ... event5

Then do
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

And select:
Linux input layer (/dev/input/event5) << replace #
IR transmitter select "none"

Reboot, and run:
Select the proper remote again (MCE remote in my case)

And last, I edited my /etc/rc.local to include:
echo "SMB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-5/power/wakeup

Just replace my 2-5 with your set up.
Shadow_Mx Wrote:I got resume from standby to work with Maverick and latest linux kernel by doing this:

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

And look for your the entry with your remote information:

Code:
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=15c2 Product=0038 Version=0001
N: Name="iMON Remote (15c2:0038)"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:0b.0-6/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0b.0/usb2/[b]2-5[/b]/2-6:1.0/rc/rc0/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd mouse1 [b]event5[/b]
B: EV=100007
B: KEY=fff 0 0 400000 108c0320 2d50082 0 0 30000 4 119000 4196 14100801 809e1680 0 2000000 10004002
B: REL=103

Take note of:
Sysfs= ... /usb/2-5/ and
Handlers= ... event5

Then do

And select:
Linux input layer (/dev/input/event2) << replace #
IR transmitter select "none"

Reboot, and run:
Select the proper remote again (MCE remote in my case)

And last, I edited my /etc/rc.local to include:
echo "SMB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-5/power/wakeup

Just replace my 2-5 with your set up.

Hi, maybe it is a "n00b" question, but in the Sysfs the USB has been numbered 2, but you put an echo on USB0. Is that correct or must it also be edited to "echo "USB2" > /proc/acpi/wakeup"?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version0