• 3(current)
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version
m3g4tr0n Wrote:vanilla kernel or ubuntu kernel?
Archlinux default kernel
Hi guys

I'm glad I found this thread.

I can't wake from suspend with my usb ir receiver.

I'm using Lucid with kernel: 2.6.32-24.

What would you recommend that I do?

Should I upgrade my kernel or maybe downgrade it, so I get the wake functionality?

And how do I go about doing this?

Also, would I have to reinstall all drivers (Nvidia, ALSA etc.) afterwards for the new kernel?

Thanks Smile
Martin
Ayla Wrote:Should I upgrade my kernel or maybe downgrade it, so I get the wake functionality?
Martin

Should DOWNgrade the kernel as the patch is not yet introduced in the latest Ubuntu kernel.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
alanwww1 Wrote:Should DOWNgrade the kernel as the patch is not yet introduced in the latest Ubuntu kernel.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it hard to do the downgrade - do you maybe have some info on how to do it on Lucid?

Also, do I have to reinstall / recompile things like ALSA and Nvidia driver etc.?
Ayla Wrote:Is it hard to do the downgrade - do you maybe have some info on how to do it on Lucid? Also, do I have to reinstall / recompile things like ALSA and Nvidia driver etc.?

I see you have not read all the posts in this thread Big Grin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=566...stcount=10

If you have custom (upgraded) Alsa compiled than you need to re-run the upgrade-script.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
alanwww1 Wrote:I see you have not read all the posts in this thread Big Grin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=566...stcount=10

If you have custom (upgraded) Alsa compiled than you need to re-run the upgrade-script.

Thanks again,

I ran this command:
Code:
sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-22-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-22-generic

And it completed successfully.

I edited grub so that it booted from 2.6.32-22.

But, with that kernel my hard drive isn't recognized (I read somewhere, that support for my SATA chipset was added to the kernel very recently).

So, my only choice is to upgrade instead of downgrade I guess.

If it's not possible for me to upgrade to a kernel, right now, that has the wake patch included, can you point me to where I can check to see when it's ready for download?

Cheers,
Ayla Wrote:can you point me to where I can check to see when it's ready for download?

That's a good question. I think it is not even in the oifficial linux kernel source for the 2.6.32 series kernels. So there is no chance to get it into the Ubuntu kernel line. The only way is to check the upcoming kernels. You can watch this forum thread to get the info.
alanwww1 Wrote:That's a good question. I think it is not even in the oifficial linux kernel source for the 2.6.32 series kernels. So there is no chance to get it into the Ubuntu kernel line. The only way is to check the upcoming kernels. You can watch this forum thread to get the info.

OK, thanks.

I'll check back in this thread, to see when the kernel is released for Ubuntu.

I hope it's not months away Smile
Thank you so much for this thread, I was going nuts trying to figure out why I couldn't wake from standby using my IR remote like I always had in previous Ubuntu versions. The downgrade did the trick!
alanwww1 Wrote:The only way is to check the upcoming kernels. You can watch this forum thread to get the info.

It's amazing how frustrating something as simple as walking across the living room can be! Smile

Any idea how longs things like this typically take to happen?
Guys i got an email from Alan Stern who made the patch for re-enabling USB wakeup and he wrote that the patch was commited into Linux kernel 2.6.32-19

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/gi...f79d80e9cb

I am not sure Ubuntu is tracking which main kernel revision currently, but i hope in the new revision it will be included.

Anyone know how the main kernel upgrades go into Ubuntu upgrades?
Hi all, I found this thread a while back and used the instructions to get my ubuntu working again by using the downgrade kernel commands on the first page.

I also logged a bug about this,

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...bug/614632

Could you all maybe jump onto launchpad and state your all having the same issue so we can ensure it gets put in?

Thanks!
ahhh me thinks this is my problem with Wake on USB.

kernel version is : 2.6.32-24-generic #39-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jul 28 06:07:29 UTC 2010

I guess I have to wait for the patch to hit 32-24?

-=Jason=-
Hello,

After a frustrating time getting my new H/W setup, I finally got everything installed and discover that I run the same version as Flomaster above me - so I don't have resume from remote currently.

I'd like to try a downgrade as specified on the preceding page, but one of the posters made a comment about modding the grub to boot the downgraded version. How is this achieved?

If I'm reasoning correctly, by downgrading, you are changing the parameters of the boot, so I assume you have to tell the boot sequence to boot the downgraded version Eek Is this correct. I'm a linux noob, but learning quickly Big Grin
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
if using grub2, edit grub.cfg in /boot/

find line: default = 0

change to whatever you have in your list

starts from the top with 0, then 1, then 2 etc. etc.

choose the one with kernel version you need (not recovery mode list entry)

reboot
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version0