• 13(current)
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version
Still no fix?
What is the best workarround?
I can wakeup with PS2 keyboard and with USB mouse... but not with remote...
Running natty 2.6.38-11-generic
This has regressed in Lucid again.

It is working in 2.6.32-32-generic and not in 2.6.32-33-generic
And now it's working again in 2.6.32-34-generic Smile
If I do a fresh install of Lucid and software update, will that have 2.6.32-34-generic?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
hads Wrote:And now it's working again in 2.6.32-34-generic Smile

How do I upgrade to this kernel?
@clock2113 Yes.

@pezlin See clock2113's post.
hads Wrote:@clock2113 Yes.

@pezlin See clock2113's post.

I did a software update and now have kernel 2.6.32-34-generic. However, resume from standby with remote is still not working. I have checked that it is enabled but S-mode is set to S4, shouldn't that be S3?
Greetings – what is the most recent kernel known to work? I just updated a Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS system to 2.6.32-36-generic and had it break resume from standby. It was working on a very old kernel before I did the update.

Also, is this bug being worked on so what we don't have to install older kernel releases?

Thanks much.
And regressed again, 2.6.32-35-generic not working.
I just installed 2.6.32-37-generic and this issue still exists. Sad

I'd love to get this working again with a current kernel.
GaryP Wrote:I just installed 2.6.32-37-generic and this issue still exists. Sad

I'd love to get this working again with a current kernel.

Agreed. Same problem here. Very frustrating. Have no interest in downgrading my kernel, but would really like to get wake on usb working. Feel like the extra benefit I got from upgrading to the newest live version is significantly, if not completely, overshadowed by this massive bug.
Good news for me anyways. I think I’ve found a solution for getting my Adesso ARC-1100 IR USB remote to wakeup my Acer AspireRevo 3610 from an S3 suspend with kernel 2.6.32-37-generic (the latest being offered by the Update Manager for my Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS system right now) like it used to with older kernels.

This and similar threads led me down the path to finding the solution.

I have both the Adesso IR remote USB receiver and the wireless keyboard and mouse USB receiver that came with the Acer plugged into USB ports. A “lsusb” command would show both of them and I could determine which was the Adesso by only having one plugged in at a time and reissuing the lsusb command. The Adesso is “Ortek Technology, Inc.”, whereas the keyboard and mouse USB receiver is “Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd”

Issuing the command “grep –Ri Chicony /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/manufacturer” identified my keyboard and mouse receiver as “2-3”, but issuing the command “grep –Ri Ortek /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/manufacturer” came back with nothing. There was a file named “manufacturer” in the 2-3 directory but no file in any of the other directories being searched by grep for my Adesso Ortek receiver.

I was able to determine which device was the Adesso remote by unplugging and re-plugging in the remote USB receiver and then issuing a “ls –l /sys/bus/usb/devices” command and seeing which symbolic link had an updated (current) timestamp. For my remote it was the “2-1” folder.

After knowing this information, I simply added the line echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1/power/wakeup to my already existing /etc/rc.local file that had the previous “echo USBn>/proc/acpi/wakup” commands that I put in place way back when that was all that was necessary to get my remote to wake up the system again. I tested the command manually the first time and then added it to the file and rebooted to confirm it still worked.

Hopefully this information along with information in the referenced thread will help others.
GaryP Wrote:Good news for me anyways. I think I’ve found a solution for getting my Adesso ARC-1100 IR USB remote to wakeup my Acer AspireRevo 3610 from an S3 suspend with kernel 2.6.32-37-generic (the latest being offered by the Update Manager for my Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS system right now) like it used to with older kernels.
Hopefully this information along with information in the referenced thread will help others.

This worked perfectly, thank you!
GaryP Wrote:Hopefully this information along with information in the referenced thread will help others.

Indeed, most helpful!

I finally got it going and am back to happiness. I even got it to work on the front USB port, which previously I could not get to support suspend/resume.

For me, I have a "Formosa21 eHome" IR receiver, so lsusb revealed Bus 004, Device 002.

sudo sh -c "echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/4-2/power/wakeup" got it going. I added to rc.local and rebooted and...nope.

It turns out rc.local wasn't completing. My rc.local was trying to insmod coretemp.ko from an older kernel. It was failing and preventing the other lines from being executed. Fixing that line got it all happy again.

Thanks!
Just wanted to say that for me it was "US15" that was my MCE remote. Most seem to point at USB0 etc, but that doesn't work for everyone..
And it was on usb device 4-1, so what I ended up with in /etc/rc.local was this:

echo US15 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/4-1/power/wakeup

I found the 4-1 by running "dmesg |grep mceusb", and US15 I found by simply enabling everything in /proc/acpi/wakup and working my way down by disabling device by device until suspend stopped working.

This makes my Zotac ION machine wake up from suspend if I press the power button on my MCE remote(sometimes I need to press it twice though).
BTW I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and XBMC 11 Eden Beta 1.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version0