Was going to setup Ubuntu, because of Drobo might need Win7 *Advice?*
Hey everyone,
I was all set to swap my hacked ATV with a Revo R3610 running Ubuntu, but after deciding to get a Drobo I realised it wasn't supported that well under linux.

I haven't used windows since 95, so I'm not too clued up on it. Basically if I install windows 7 on the Revo, I'll have the Drobo working and I know XBMC should work fine (will the ION decoding work ok?). But what I want to know is I'll be wanting to use an IR remote as well as a lenovo remote which I'd want to use gestures to swap desktops etc (one for XBMC, one for iPlayer, one for Firefox etc)...

Basically I'm wondering if there's anything I should be aware of by going to windows 7 instead of Ubuntu, or will everything work and be as customisable?

Thanks for any tips.
Niietzshe

P.s. I'm also open to installing OSX on it as I'm mainly a Mac user, but don't know how well that'd work
XBMC will work fine on a Revo with Win7 and the hardware decoding will be fine as long as you're using a recent build. To get your remote working see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Was going to setup Ubuntu, because of Drobo might need Win7 *Advice?*0