• 130(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
(2014-01-13, 06:01)SpiderDice Wrote: I don't have a "Build Database in the Background" option. I am on 3.0.3 and using XBMCbuntu.

That setting has been remove a fair time ago.
Hmm, I only have 2200 albums. It takes forever to build the database. I've let it run for hours and I can't tell how close the process is to being complete. It would be nice to have it run in the background.

I am just trying to get the the Album Art for each CD so I can use "Wall" for displaying my albums.
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
Hi!

I've downloaded and tried but it just gives me script error. What can i do? I'm not very god with xml but... and yes the latest 3.0.3 is the version.
And so does Google search script as well... i have tried many scripts that gives me the same script error.
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
Something im unsure of.

If i add 1 new artist to my music library what do i need to do to add it to the existing cdArt database? Cant seems to work out how unless i re-create the whole addon database again. (which means i cant use xbmc while this is happening and takes over an hour to complete)
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2014-01-15, 02:21)Mr. V Wrote: Something im unsure of.

If i add 1 new artist to my music library what do i need to do to add it to the existing cdArt database? Cant seems to work out how unless i re-create the whole addon database again. (which means i cant use xbmc while this is happening and takes over an hour to complete)

Don't know why the background process option was removed. The building of the database and downloading of the art always times out for me.
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter

You just need to perform an Update Addon Database in the Advance menu.

(2014-01-15, 02:22)SpiderDice Wrote:

Don't know why the background process option was removed. The building of the database and downloading of the art always times out for me.

It was removed because I developed this script -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144378
Thankyou. Big Grin
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2014-01-16, 08:50)giftie Wrote: It was removed because I developed this script -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144378

Right. But the initial build of the database and download of the images times out for me. Have you ever tested with 2300 different albums?
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
(2014-01-16, 19:29)SpiderDice Wrote:
(2014-01-16, 08:50)giftie Wrote: It was removed because I developed this script -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144378

Right. But the initial build of the database and download of the images times out for me. Have you ever tested with 2300 different albums?

I have well over 3200 albums, with many with special characters. If it cancels out you will need re run in debug mode then upload the log(ie dropbox) then PM me a link
First of all, this addon is great Smile

However I am having problems with the addon not properly downloading fanart, thumbs and clearlogos. When I select "all artists" nothing seems to happen. When I select album artists only a couple of artists are downloaded.

Any ideas please?

Log: http://snipt.org/BTgf6

Another problem (not in the log because the log for some reason was getting too big!) I have is that when the music visualisation view in Aeon MQ 5 and playing random artists, when an artist I have a logo for comes up the logo is displayed. However this logo is retained for the next artists if I dont have their logo. However I`m unsure if this is a skin issue (guess so) or a cdart one?

Thanks so much Smile
(2014-01-18, 16:51)Acrobat76 Wrote: However I am having problems with the addon not properly downloading fanart, thumbs and clearlogos. When I select "all artists" nothing seems to happen. When I select album artists only a couple of artists are downloaded.

I am having this same exact issue. On the bottom statistics it says that I have 524 Album Artists, 1080 Albums, cdARTs 413.

After selecting any option to download art, it only downloads images for a handful of artists and albums.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. It seems as though when it is building the database, and doesn't recognize and artist or album, it really gets hung up. I've literally watched the database build for over an hour and it definitely does get stuck for me.

Yesterday, I went through the Album folder names to make sure they all the same naming convention. "Artist - Album Name". I deleted the database, and then started from scratch. It would still hang.

The dialog box of the database build would eventually go away, but when trying the above, it doesn't download all the art.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
(2014-01-18, 16:51)Acrobat76 Wrote: First of all, this addon is great Smile

However I am having problems with the addon not properly downloading fanart, thumbs and clearlogos. When I select "all artists" nothing seems to happen. When I select album artists only a couple of artists are downloaded.

Any ideas please?

Another problem (not in the log because the log for some reason was getting too big!) I have is that when the music visualisation view in Aeon MQ 5 and playing random artists, when an artist I have a logo for comes up the logo is displayed. However this logo is retained for the next artists if I dont have their logo. However I`m unsure if this is a skin issue (guess so) or a cdart one?

Thanks so much Smile

I need a full debug log to diagnose the problem.. The log will be big, so compress it in some format(zip, rar) upload it to drop box and pm a link.

(2014-01-18, 23:48)SpiderDice Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 16:51)Acrobat76 Wrote: However I am having problems with the addon not properly downloading fanart, thumbs and clearlogos. When I select "all artists" nothing seems to happen. When I select album artists only a couple of artists are downloaded.

I am having this same exact issue. On the bottom statistics it says that I have 524 Album Artists, 1080 Albums, cdARTs 413.

After selecting any option to download art, it only downloads images for a handful of artists and albums.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. It seems as though when it is building the database, and doesn't recognize and artist or album, it really gets hung up. I've literally watched the database build for over an hour and it definitely does get stuck for me.

Yesterday, I went through the Album folder names to make sure they all the same naming convention. "Artist - Album Name". I deleted the database, and then started from scratch. It would still hang.

The dialog box of the database build would eventually go away, but when trying the above, it doesn't download all the art.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

For your issue I'll also need a full debug log. Usually an 'update add on database' would give the info I need.
(2014-01-19, 08:24)giftie Wrote: [quote='Acrobat76' pid='1603816' dateline='1390056711']
First of all, this addon is great Smile

Any ideas please?

Thanks so much Smile

I need a full debug log to diagnose the problem.. The log will be big, so compress it in some format(zip, rar) upload it to drop box and pm a link.

(2010-07-12, 02:14)giftie Wrote: This is my first attempt at a script for XBMC. Originally I had set out to provide myself an Dharma version of CDArt Downloader, but then it grew and changed.

Thanks for the support giftie. I am PMing you a link. What I did during the log was update the database following by trying to download some logos and art through "All artists" and "Album Artists"
(2014-01-19, 08:24)giftie Wrote: For your issue I'll also need a full debug log. Usually an 'update add on database' would give the info I need.

Awesome!

Might not be able to get that to you today, NFL football games are on!

But I'll send it on Monday! Thanks giftie!
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
(2014-01-18, 16:51)Acrobat76 Wrote: First of all, this addon is great Smile

Any ideas please?

Thanks so much Smile

You need to enable 'Include Artists that only appear in Compilations' in XBMC's Music Library Settings to have the 'All Artists' to do anything, otherwise the script only handles Album Artists(as that is all XBMC will provide)

Also, the script can only download images to artists that it matches between MusicBrainz and fanart.tv(using MBID's) Sometimes MusicBrainz changes MBID's that causes the Artist/Album not to match at fanart.tv. MusicBrainz does not provide the old MBID for these changes(though it does offer the updated MBID if you provide the old MBID) though not much use in this case(and it is already implemented in the script - if enabled in settings during an update)

The problem with the previous logo showing is a flaw in XBMC. It tends to keep the previous image available if a new one is not available. This happens in many places. For example, if you highlight a movie, the fanart changes, then if you go to a movie without a fanart, the old fanart is still there. Nothing to do with the script.
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6