• 134(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
(2014-04-03, 00:25)bolter Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 20:51)gibxxi Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 10:39)bolter Wrote: If I have added some cdart to my music collection, how do I get CDart manager to add them to its list. Every time I update CDart manager, all it wants to do is go off to fanart.TV and see if there are any new artwork. It doesn't want to grab any of the local stuff. I've created them via "Gimp" software and called them cdart.PNG but the addon doesn't add them.

Edit: have just change over to Gotham beta 3 and noticed that I can not see any cdART in the add on any more. I can see logos, thumbnails etc. But no CDs. Don't know if it was like this before updating to beta 3. Have just spent 3 hours updating the database but still no CD art. I can see the name of the album, but no artwork.

If your on Windows and using NFS, then your art may not be appearing due to a bug with NFS library bundled with XBMC. It only fails for Windows users who have shares accessed over NFS. If this isn't your scenartio, ignore this post.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm using SMB for my transfer

AFAIK cdART Manager will only display a list of arts it downloaded, not manually added ones (I could be wrong on this, but I have witnessed the same issue). BUT, as long as the cdart.png files are in the folder with their respective album, or for other artwork, in the "additional artwork" folder (as defined for fanart, clearlogos, thumbnails, etc) it should work in so far as your skin is concerned. You may want to create a seperate backup of your custom files, or maybe try copying them to the cdART "backup" folder as well, using the naming scheme cdART manager already uses. As this is a 'Backup' and should work on fresh installs too, doing a restore may see the custom files then be listed by cdART manager. Worth a shot at any rate.
I'm still in need for help with my problem... any ideas?
bottom

(2014-04-16, 13:20)bottom Wrote: Im having trouble running the script with the amber skin. With confluence its working totally fine, but with cofluence the scripts gui doesnt open up - seems to be some kind of skin related issue.
Reinstalling (+ removing all files) did not resolve the problem...
Starting the script (with amber) produces the following errors in the log file:
Code:
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR:   File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 535, in <module>
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR:     ui = gui.GUI( "script-cdartmanager.xml" , __addon__.getAddonInfo('path'), "Default")
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
In case its needed: here are the complete logs:
normal log: http://pastebin.com/KSdpNYhk
debug log: http://pastebin.com/xtVkDynA

I would really appreciate any kind of help!
Greetings bottom
Is there a reason that when CDart manager adds an artist logo to your music collection the folder is a weird name if the artist name ends in a "." Such as R.E.M. cdart manager creates a folder called RP85G1~P or similar and is there a way to stop this.

I have the following artists that cdart manager does this to

fun.
P.O.D.
W.A.S.P.
(2014-04-22, 13:43)bottom Wrote: I'm still in need for help with my problem... any ideas?
bottom

(2014-04-16, 13:20)bottom Wrote: Im having trouble running the script with the amber skin. With confluence its working totally fine, but with cofluence the scripts gui doesnt open up - seems to be some kind of skin related issue.
Reinstalling (+ removing all files) did not resolve the problem...
Starting the script (with amber) produces the following errors in the log file:
Code:
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR:   File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 535, in <module>
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR:     ui = gui.GUI( "script-cdartmanager.xml" , __addon__.getAddonInfo('path'), "Default")
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
In case its needed: here are the complete logs:
normal log: http://pastebin.com/KSdpNYhk
debug log: http://pastebin.com/xtVkDynA

I would really appreciate any kind of help!
Greetings bottom

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.. Sorry....
(2014-04-30, 09:10)bolter Wrote: Is there a reason that when CDart manager adds an artist logo to your music collection the folder is a weird name if the artist name ends in a "." Such as R.E.M. cdart manager creates a folder called RP85G1~P or similar and is there a way to stop this.

fun.
P.O.D.
W.A.S.P.

The reason is that XBMC technically can not create a folder ending in a ".", it's against the rules. I'm not sure what it really does. When viewed from my linux system the name is proper, but using windows to view the file it is messed up.

Does the skin display the proper artwork for that artist? There isn't much I can do, If you wan to enable the 'Enable Replacement of Illegal Filename Characters in Artist Names' settings, you can remove all the 'Illegal Characters to Replace', change the 'Replacement Character' to nothing and enable 'Change trailing periods to replacement character; This will remove the period at the end, but I can guarantee that the skin will not find the artwork.
(2014-05-01, 07:25)giftie Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 09:10)bolter Wrote: Is there a reason that when CDart manager adds an artist logo to your music collection the folder is a weird name if the artist name ends in a "." Such as R.E.M. cdart manager creates a folder called RP85G1~P or similar and is there a way to stop this.

fun.
P.O.D.
W.A.S.P.

The reason is that XBMC technically can not create a folder ending in a ".", it's against the rules. I'm not sure what it really does. When viewed from my linux system the name is proper, but using windows to view the file it is messed up.

Does the skin display the proper artwork for that artist? There isn't much I can do, If you wan to enable the 'Enable Replacement of Illegal Filename Characters in Artist Names' settings, you can remove all the 'Illegal Characters to Replace', change the 'Replacement Character' to nothing and enable 'Change trailing periods to replacement character; This will remove the period at the end, but I can guarantee that the skin will not find the artwork.

I will try the removal suggestion. If I try it and it doesn't work, is it easy to revert back.
Every time I update my database, at the end of the update is says it is updating missing musicbrainz album/artist id's. What is this all about, if I check some of the albums mentioned there in musicbrainz Picard, it says that they have the musicbrainz tags for album and artist. Then why do they show up in the list for missing id's?
Can anyone confirm compatibility with Gotham?
(2014-05-06, 01:33)bolter Wrote: Every time I update my database, at the end of the update is says it is updating missing musicbrainz album/artist id's. What is this all about, if I check some of the albums mentioned there in musicbrainz Picard, it says that they have the musicbrainz tags for album and artist. Then why do they show up in the list for missing id's?

XBMC does not always have the proper MBID stored(sometimes does not have the MBID stored) in its database. The script pull the info from the database, not the files themselves. So some will have MusicBrainz polled again. Also I think there is an incorrect message the script is displaying.. I'll look into it...

(2014-05-11, 16:37)pbateman Wrote: Can anyone confirm compatibility with Gotham?

There is a Gotham Version on the repo...
I've been recently getting the following error:

00:35:20 T:139720100853504 WARNING: CreateDirectory, cant create dir <Eurythmics/extrafanart/>. trying lower case.
00:35:20 T:139720100853504 ERROR: Create - Error creating Eurythmics/extrafanart

and therefore, the add-on does not produce any extrafanart. Any ideas? I'm on gotham 13.1 beta 2.
(2014-05-22, 00:40)pwriesnik Wrote: I've been recently getting the following error:

00:35:20 T:139720100853504 WARNING: CreateDirectory, cant create dir <Eurythmics/extrafanart/>. trying lower case.
00:35:20 T:139720100853504 ERROR: Create - Error creating Eurythmics/extrafanart

and therefore, the add-on does not produce any extrafanart. Any ideas? I'm on gotham 13.1 beta 2.

With out a complete debug log I am guessing.. It looks almost like you don't have the Path to Music library set in the script settings.
What is the best way update the database when I add an album or two to my collection? I've 150Gb of music on a NAS, when I add an album and run update database it takes hours, when i refresh it's asking if I want to delete the database.
hi, I configure all thre settings to get the most od CDART under xbmx-gotham-aeon qm5, but when I go to my music area I see the same stuff than before, would you tell me if I need to configure something within the program to enable all funcions or maybe delete any other add on for this to work?, thanks in avdance
I have a problem with cdART Manager. I can not start it.

I'm on Android 4.2.2 (TV Box) and tried with XBMC 13 + XBMC 13.1 + XBMC 13.2.
The cdART version is 4.0.5. I tried all settings. Reinstalled, but the error is the same.

xbmc.log:
11:14:37 T:1882189288 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:14:37 T:1882189288 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py): the source file to load is /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py
11:14:37 T:1882189288 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py): setting the Python path to /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.module.chardet/lib:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.module.unidecode/lib:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.grab.fanart/default.py:/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/xbmc.debug/:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcutil/lib:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib:/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.module.requests2/lib:/:/data/app/org.xbmc.xbmc-2.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python26.zip:/data/app/org.xbmc.xbmc-2.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6:/data/app/org.xbmc.xbmc-2.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-linux3:/data/app/org.xbmc.xbmc-2.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/data/app/org.xbmc.xbmc-2.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-old:/data/app/org.xbmc.xbmc-2.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload
11:14:37 T:1882189288 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py): entering source directory /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager
11:14:37 T:1882189288 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.cdartmanager" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
11:14:38 T:1696968512 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
11:14:38 T:1882189288 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 189 strings from file /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/language/Hungarian/strings.po
11:14:38 T:1882189288 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 2 strings from file /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/language/English/strings.po
11:14:38 T:1882189288 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named PIL
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 98, in <module>
from download import auto_download
File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/download.py", line 6, in <module>
from PIL import Image
ImportError: No module named PIL
-->End of Python script error report<--

Sorry for my poor english!
Everytime i try and start cdArt manager I just get the error "Script Failed" running gotham beta 2 on windows 7.

http://pastebin.com/yG9xF8jH This is my log if it helps. Thanks in advance.
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6