• 135(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
(2014-05-22, 21:53)PogMoThoin Wrote: What is the best way update the database when I add an album or two to my collection? I've 150Gb of music on a NAS, when I add an album and run update database it takes hours, when i refresh it's asking if I want to delete the database.

I have about 300GB of music, and an update for my usb 2.0 hdd takes about 10 minutes. At the first run it takes a long time, because the configured artwork is being downloaded during the update. After that, do not refresh it, that starts to rebuild the addon-db which takes forever.

The only problem I have so far is that I have to perform an update within the add-on itself, remotely launching the script via json-rpc seems to not perform a db-update. Any ideas on that? Shouldn't the manager auto-update its database after a few days?
(2014-05-26, 23:10)pwriesnik Wrote:
(2014-05-22, 21:53)PogMoThoin Wrote: What is the best way update the database when I add an album or two to my collection? I've 150Gb of music on a NAS, when I add an album and run update database it takes hours, when i refresh it's asking if I want to delete the database.

I have about 300GB of music, and an update for my usb 2.0 hdd takes about 10 minutes. At the first run it takes a long time, because the configured artwork is being downloaded during the update. After that, do not refresh it, that starts to rebuild the addon-db which takes forever.

The only problem I have so far is that I have to perform an update within the add-on itself, remotely launching the script via json-rpc seems to not perform a db-update. Any ideas on that? Shouldn't the manager auto-update its database after a few days?

Mine may be slower as my music is on the network on a low power NAS and my HTPC is a low power Atom PC
(2014-05-26, 23:36)PogMoThoin Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 23:10)pwriesnik Wrote:

Mine may be slower as my music is on the network on a low power NAS and my HTPC is a low power Atom PC

My system is a small atom as well. The first time takes hours, then it's much faster.
I'm still flummoxed as to how anyone gets this running, fresh install of xbmc 13 on windows 7 and the addon still immediately gives me "Script failed" anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

http://pastebin.com/yG9xF8jH "LOG"
(2014-05-27, 20:02)jakdwaugh Wrote: I'm still flummoxed as to how anyone gets this running, fresh install of xbmc 13 on windows 7 and the addon still immediately gives me "Script failed" anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

The log shows that the script is failing to load one of its modules, which makes me think something happened during install. You might need to delete the zip file from your 'packages' folder then uninstall it. Now install it again.
(2014-05-27, 20:02)jakdwaugh Wrote: I'm still flummoxed as to how anyone gets this running, fresh install of xbmc 13 on windows 7 and the addon still immediately gives me "Script failed" anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

I'm using the script from the official repositories on gotham 13.1 RC 1 and it's working like charm.
(2014-05-28, 04:26)giftie Wrote:

The log shows that the script is failing to load one of its modules, which makes me think something happened during install. You might need to delete the zip file from your 'packages' folder then uninstall it. Now install it again.

Hey, thanks for the idea mate but I just tried it and i'm still getting the same thing Sad Any other clues?
Wink 
[/quote]
[/quote]

@Giftie!

cdArt works well on Windows and Linux, but does not start on Android. I have posted the log previously. I tried everything, clear cache, test different versions ->13.0 ->13.1->13.2, delete files, reinstalling, etc.. but the error is the same.

11:14:38 T:1882189288 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named PIL
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 98, in <module>
from download import auto_download
File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/download.py", line 6, in <module>
from PIL import Image
ImportError: No module named PIL
-->End of Python script error report<--

Sorry for my poor english and thank you for your hard work!
hi. i try to replace the disc art in the album with the correct one, but cdart mediamanager won't replace it bcuz i think it cache it in the thumb folders. is there a way to fix this?

also, how do you deal with compilation albums w/ multiple artists? im gettin 1 discart image for all the artists.

thanx for any assistance.
@alaci
(2014-05-28, 15:41)alaci Wrote:
Quote:The log shows that the script is failing to load one of its modules, which makes me think something happened during install. You might need to delete the zip file from your 'packages' folder then uninstall it. Now install it again.
That response was to another user's question. The answer to yours is below.
Quote:@Giftie!

cdArt works well on Windows and Linux, but does not start on Android. I have posted the log previously. I tried everything, clear cache, test different versions ->13.0 ->13.1->13.2, delete files, reinstalling, etc.. but the error is the same

Sorry for my poor english and thank you for your hard work!

You will need to find out how to install the PIL module to your system Python.
(2014-06-01, 00:01)alexp4re Wrote: hi. i try to replace the disc art in the album with the correct one, but cdart mediamanager won't replace it bcuz i think it cache it in the thumb folders. is there a way to fix this?
Aside from deleting your texture database, I think you will need to wait for XBMC to update the thumbnail.
Quote:also, how do you deal with compilation albums w/ multiple artists? im gettin 1 discart image for all the artists.

thanx for any assistance.

Compilation albums would only have a single cdART. If you are talking artist thumbnails, you need to make sure the setting in XBMC is turned on that allows compilation artists(sound like you might have this enabled already) and then enable the setting to allow all artists in cdART Manager. After you enable the setting(s) you will need to update the script database to add all the artists.
Hi, Can someone please help. I'm running gotham 13.1 and i cant get this script to work or recognize my local files, i go to "Update XBMC's Music Library" and the progress dialog box appears for 1 second before disappearing i tried numerous other actions like find album art "automatic" with nothing showing any progress of searching. here is my log, thanks http://pastebin.com/xqAZjRE8
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012&page=84

(2014-06-01, 19:03)MatLCFC Wrote: CDART

It's great that Logo & background fanarts are pulled through when playing a track but is there anyway we could get the cdart.png to work?
(Always bugged me that this doesn't work!)

Never understood how XBMC manages to display the correct Artist & Album name but doesn't pull through the cdart.

Is there any way we could use the spotify Album uri:

eg. Artist: Foals, Album: Antidotes
The spotify URI is spotify:album:4FIDNlGVXZ4pCxdMjJXHoE

Just setup a folder 4FIDNlGVXZ4pCxdMjJXHoE & put the cdart in there?

SOMEHOWHuh

Can any experts on xbmc/fanart help??
Sorry, should have explained in my previous post...

I'm using xbmc with spotyxbmc2 (awesome plugin which integrates Spotify)
Overview is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012

It has almost perfect integration.... pulls through logo/fanart/cd cover but no way of getting the cdart.png to pull through:

Any ideas, how I could get this to work?
giftie,

Thanks for a great addon, I run it all the time. I just finished modding your skin to match my Aeon Nox mod. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1729569

I noticed a few things while I was working on the skin. Please disregard if they've already been fixed, I haven't checked the latest git yet.

1) The titles in the Local cdART List are always orange, even when another color is selected in the addon settings.
2) The onup action for radiobutton #130 points to control #137. I believe it should point to #141 (refresh fanart.tv).

Thanks!
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6