• 51(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
distracto Wrote:this really needs to be reworded...to me, the word library is associated with the actual media files, not the images downloaded through your addon. perhaps it could say "location for downloaded images" or something similar. every time i have to set this up i forget that it isn't the actual music library, but just a place to dump images.

It is worded to match the setting in Neon(one of the first skins that supported clearLogos for artists), Transparency! has it labeled as Music folder path. And for some people it is their music library path.
giftie Wrote:It is probably a problem with MusicBrainz scraping, they started blocking all programs that use the Python Library(its limited to 50 calls per minute, but I think there are a lot of program that use the same library as cdART Manager.) I have change this for the next release(hope to get it out soon)

It's Been at it all night and it's almost finished now Smile
Thanks for explaining the reason and solving it for the new version.

Quote:The Library location is for saving the artwork files(Fanart, Logos) not rally used for the database building.

Aaah ok, thanks, i'll change this location to my linux home directory then as soon as it's finished building the data base.

Thanks for the reply's !! things are more clear now.

cheers
kamaradski
Hi again.

So now everything seams to work, i obtained some arts Smile so call me noob but a few more questions popped up:

- Is there a 1-button update for when i add content to my library ?

- When i want to update everything i should be doing the following, correct:
1 - update music library
2 - update addon database
3 - run the seperate download scripts for all art-forms.

- When i click update addon database it asks me if i want to delete the local database. when i select 'NO', the script appairs to be doing nothing. So if i want to update i should select 'YES' and rebuild the complete database?

- Will rebuilding the database speed-up if i add musicbrainz tags to all my albums?

ok many questions, sorry for that. hopefully answering them will also help others here on the forum.

Thanks a bunch!
kamaradski
Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but it seems that during database building, cdART chokes on any album names containing commas. I see the popup dialog appear with text up to the place where the comma exists (all subsequent text missing) and the standard cdART logo is replaced with an exclamation mark sign, telling me it's not happy with those album names.
Just for those, that can't find the PSD template anymore, try this:

http://fanart.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012...p-v3.1.zip
Fanart.tv just got an update.
Check the site for downloading

http://fanart.tv/music-fanart/

And see the cdart for the templates
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-17, 22:27)Martijn Wrote: Fanart.tv just got an update.
Check the site for downloading

http://fanart.tv/music-fanart/

And see the cdart for the templates

Ahhhh....Very Nice Work Folks!
WE ALL WE GOT
So, having an issue with this. I remember when I first tried this script, I had a similar issue then somehow resolved it - but it was awhile back and I think it was a Dharma/Eden issue. Basically, when I've made my DB without an issue, but when I select "Search Artist" or "Automatic Download" for anything, a quick dialog pops up (please wait, I believe) for a split second then nothing - it just sits there. I can hear navigation sounds/clicks in the background if I use my remote and can escape out of the script - but nothing happens.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/cSfVX6Am
It was working up until the fanart.tv changes, and I don't believe there have been any updates (to the plugin) since those issues began. So am working on the assumption that fanart.tv's current hosting issues and site upgrades are causing this to happen in cdART manager. If that is the case, the plugin is effectively broken until a workaround can be put in place or fanart.tv manages to get sufficient funding to secure a commercial server.

Moving the mouse over the menu items (if you have one connected) and clicking refocuses the cdART manager plugin and normal navigation can be resumed. But without any of the options working for lookups, there's not much you can do with the add-on atm.

Also, MusicBrainz has recently started throttling access requests to it's servers, and this could also be why it's not working.
Code:
23:00:19 T:3532   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
23:00:19 T:5028   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - HTML Source:
                                            <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
                                            <html><head>
                                            <title>404 Not Found</title>
                                            </head><body>
                                            <h1>Not Found</h1>
                                            <p>The requested URL /api/music.php was not found on this server.</p>
                                            <hr>
                                            <address>Apache/2.2.21 (EL) Server at fanart.tv Port 80</address>
                                            </body></html>

Not a coder, but I'd hazard a guess that this is the culprit.
(2012-03-27, 05:31)Necromancyr Wrote: So, having an issue with this. I remember when I first tried this script, I had a similar issue then somehow resolved it - but it was awhile back and I think it was a Dharma/Eden issue. Basically, when I've made my DB without an issue, but when I select "Search Artist" or "Automatic Download" for anything, a quick dialog pops up (please wait, I believe) for a split second then nothing - it just sits there. I can hear navigation sounds/clicks in the background if I use my remote and can escape out of the script - but nothing happens.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/cSfVX6Am

The main problem is that Fanart.tv needs our help... -->http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87577&pid=1053539#pid1053539

At the moment it looks like the API is down(at least thats what I see even testing manually), though your debug log does show that I need some error handling for this sort of outcome..

Ok...I would have sworn this happen to me a LONG time ago but...guess not. Thanks for the quick replies. Hopefully things work out....
There is no work around, as there is not another site like Fanart.tv. Smile We need to help Fanart.tv out.. I know I will be donating as Kode has done an amazing job, with out Fanart.tv cdART Manager would probably not be functioning at all(as the former site had closed prior to Fanart.tv had started carrying Music artwork).

Also the next release of cdART manager, the MusicBrainz access has changed(no longer relying on their python module) and hopefully it will not be throttled(if it is, I'll be the first to know Smile )

I was hoping to get it out at the same time as Fanart.tv opened the new site, but RL got in the way.. Now Eden is out, I missed that one too. It will be out soon(probably once I mash this bug)

Also pressing the Menu button on a remote(or the repective key on a keyboard) will close cdART Manager.

(2012-03-27, 05:39)gibxxi Wrote: It was working up until the fanart.tv changes, and I don't believe there have been any updates (to the plugin) since those issues began. So am working on the assumption that fanart.tv's current hosting issues and site upgrades are causing this to happen in cdART manager. If that is the case, the plugin is effectively broken until a workaround can be put in place or fanart.tv manages to get sufficient funding to secure a commercial server.

Moving the mouse over the menu items (if you have one connected) and clicking refocuses the cdART manager plugin and normal navigation can be resumed. But without any of the options working for lookups, there's not much you can do with the add-on atm.

Also, MusicBrainz has recently started throttling access requests to it's servers, and this could also be why it's not working.
Code:
23:00:19 T:3532   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
23:00:19 T:5028   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - HTML Source:
                                            <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
                                            <html><head>
                                            <title>404 Not Found</title>
                                            </head><body>
                                            <h1>Not Found</h1>
                                            <p>The requested URL /api/music.php was not found on this server.</p>
                                            <hr>
                                            <address>Apache/2.2.21 (EL) Server at fanart.tv Port 80</address>
                                            </body></html>

Not a coder, but I'd hazard a guess that this is the culprit.

Wish I could donate, but have very little money coming in atm (was diagnosed with the big "C" last Aug), but once finances sort themselves out will look into donating on a regular basis.

A lot of the "artwork" based add-ons use fanart.tv in some form or another, so it would be selfish not to contribute something back.

Smile
Site is back up and running. You may download again Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The script still 'broken', since only the new API seem to be running and this version uses the old API(and the new one is missing one much needed call - Kode knows...)
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6