• 76(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
(2012-09-01, 05:09)giftie Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 10:34)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 08:20)Ghostdivision Wrote: Sorry for the delay, i cant even find the artist, the artist is present in xbmc, and fanart.tv has an artist page, but its like cdart wont recognize the artist or cd, and she does have a fanart.tv page... Its quite odd. So going to the above suggested area to locate the mbid, there was no entry for the artist with a MBID.

Apologies for quoting my own post, but do you have any idea giftie what might be wrong since the artist just wont show up in cdart using the path you suggested, but the artist is picked up by xbmc and working fine and scrapped fine... and does have a fanart.tv page, spelling is all correct for the artist.. This is the artist page

http://fanart.tv/artist/97b20fe3-0924-4a...santigold/

I just added two albums by that artist to test. First had XBMC update it's library, then had cdART Manager Update it's database. cdART Manager found got the proper MBID, Artist shows up in all lists and I was able to download cdARTs, Covers, etc with out a problem.

Are you sure the XBMC Library is updated and your that you're not viewing from the file level?

Your comment about viewing from the file level i think is what i suspect, but I dont really know how this works... Its in my music library, xbmc scrapped information for the artist from last.fm, how would i confirm or make sure its not viewing from the file level like you mentioned?

Also just want to make sure its not something to do with flac, or my skin using aeon mq4 beta.

But if you could tell me how to confirm im not viewing it from the file level it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your time.
Well the arist was found now, all i did was hit "reload" on the artist in xbmc, then update cdart manager database.

Im still quite curious how I can verify if i was using the file level....

Or what the problem might have been. Using reload button or maybe i did not select update cd art manager properly the first time. Is this something you have to do regularly, i dont think i have ever did it before?

Working on the next release, mostly to use the new Artwork available from fanart.tv - HD Logos and Music Banners.

screenshot

A new setting is added - 'Enable HD Logos', with this enabled HD Logos will appear under ClearLOGOs tab. Also if the resize setting is turned on, the script will overwrite the lower resolution logo(if it exists).

You notice in the screen shot that below the logo the dimensions are listed. 400px X 155px for the Standard ClearLOGO and 800px X 310px for HD Logos
very nice giftie Laugh

now all we need is a skin to support these Smile
Well HD logos are more or less an update for clearLOGOs so they are already supported. The banners will allow the skins to add another view Wink I just thought I would get ahead of the request to support them.
(2012-09-01, 08:21)Ghostdivision Wrote: Well the arist was found now, all i did was hit "reload" on the artist in xbmc, then update cdart manager database.

Im still quite curious how I can verify if i was using the file level....

Or what the problem might have been. Using reload button or maybe i did not select update cd art manager properly the first time. Is this something you have to do regularly, i dont think i have ever did it before?

Usually all you need to do is 'Update library' and wait for it to complete The script can only get info from XBMC if it is not in the library. To make sure you are on the Library mode, you need to bring up the sub menu(move left on Confluence) and make sure 'Library Mode' is turned on.
I was curious about this so I went ahead and installed your development version 2.7.4-95fa6d3.

Here a few things:
- There is a large space between the banner and the name of the Interpret with some artworks.
- quotation mark behind Artist Banners

- the new option "download all artwork" force closes the application

Here are two debug logs using todays nightly (20120902-640fce7)
single download - attempt with "download all artwork"

and the same for Eden:

at last one updating xbmc thumbnails in Frodo.

It looks like the German language file is a bit dated, I will update this post later with an update.
(2012-09-02, 16:49)solidsatras Wrote: I was curious about this so I went ahead and installed your development version 2.7.4-95fa6d3.
LoL Smile
Quote:Here a few things:
- There is a large space between the banner and the name of the Interpret with some artworks.
The download display is generic for all artwork, so it is based on cdART/ Cover Art being equal dimensions.
Quote:- quotation mark behind Artist Banners
Copy paste error(I develop using the new language format(.po) then copy to the string.xml file. Fixed
Quote:Image

- the new option "download all artwork" force closes the application
The setting is just a method for me to test the function. What it does is start the script in a special mode, which is meant to be started from out side of the script(either by a skin or a service addon) Since there can only be one instance of a script running at a time, XBMC forces close the first one, before opening the next(though it is not always successful at doing so.) Smile
Quote:Here are two debug logs using todays nightly (20120902-640fce7)

and the same for Eden:
Did they both function, or have script errors? The only errors I saw was the one because you are on Windows(not allowing the temporary file to delete) which is not a real problem as it gets overwritten with the next image.
Quote:at last one updating xbmc thumbnails in Frodo.
At the moment there is no method for the script to update Thumbnails in Frodo, they shifted the storage method around and have not finished it completely yet. In fact they are working on a way for addons to add 'unsupported' images to the database(so cdARTs, banners, extrafanarts, etc. links will be located in the database - this will make life easier, same with when MBID's get added - no more script database)
Quote:It looks like the German language file is a bit dated, I will update this post later with an update.
I actually have the strings up on Transifex since this is the future method of translations for XBMC(they work in Frodo now) -> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/cdA...BMC_ADDON/
Just do the translation there and I'll move it into the script(much easier for me, as I would have to copy and paste all the new updated strings to the german translation online. Not fun, just finished off the French one...)

(2012-09-02, 17:28)giftie Wrote: The download display is generic for all artwork, so it is based on cdART/ Cover Art being equal dimensions.
I just realised this is the way it always was, don´t know why it bothered me today all of a sudden. Cool
It´s nothing you should invest time in

Quote:The setting is just a method for me to test the function. What it does is start the script in a special mode, which is meant to be started from out side of the script(either by a skin or a service addon) Since there can only be one instance of a script running at a time, XBMC forces close the first one, before opening the next(though it is not always successful at doing so.)
Nice to know, exiting times ahead of us

Quote:Did they both function, or have script errors? The only errors I saw was the one because you are on Windows(not allowing the temporary file to delete) which is not a real problem as it gets overwritten with the next image.
It worked without problems with Eden and Frodo. Big Grin

Quote:At the moment there is no method for the script to update Thumbnails in Frodo, they shifted the storage method around and have not finished it completely yet. In fact they are working on a way for addons to add 'unsupported' images to the database(so cdARTs, banners, extrafanarts, etc. links will be located in the database - this will make life easier, same with when MBID's get added - no more script database)
Martijn also mentioned this some time ago. This is really good news.

Quote:I actually have the strings up on Transifex since this is the future method of translations for XBMC(they work in Frodo now) -> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/cdA...BMC_ADDON/
Just do the translation there and I'll move it into the script(much easier for me, as I would have to copy and paste all the new updated strings to the german translation online. Not fun, just finished off the French one...)
Done. I also changed some existing strings to be more consistent with the translations within xbmc-core. But I would welcome it if someone could proof-read this. mad-max?
(2012-09-01, 18:59)giftie Wrote: Working on the next release, mostly to use the new Artwork available from fanart.tv - HD Logos and Music Banners.

Hi,
Where can I download it?
thx
lol.. I guess I can post a link...

https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.7.4.zip

Changes since last test release:
Code:
- Add - Add support for the new Artwork available from fanart.tv(HD Music Logos, Music Banners)
- Add - Add setting to enable/disable the New HD Music logos, enabled will overwrite older clearLOGO during an auto download
- Add - Add autobanner to the auto download start mode
- Update - Updated French strings - Thanks Hellnino18
- Update - Updated German strings - Thanks solidsatras
- Update - Updated Portuguese (Brazil) - Thanks Wanilton

- Fix - Change LF to CRLF in missing.txt file
- Fix - keep script functioning with XBMC Development Master
- Add - script can be started in artwork auto download modes, modes - autocdart, autocover, autofanart, autologo, autothumb, autoall. All these are done in the background
        To use:
                RunScript(script.cdartmanager,mode)

Eg: RunScript(script.cdartmanager,autoall) <- starts the script downloading everything in the background

- Change - code cleanup
- Fix - Update Database was not properly updating All Artist Id
- Fix - Modify Database menu movement was not proper
Great news thanks giftie.

I will test that this afternoon Smile
Hello Gitie,

Is there a way for the first time to build a database. I have around 150,000 MP3s, this will take a few weeks when I see this action. XBMC database is MYSQL. Reading is very fast but I obtain add this addon database is very slow. How can I deal with.
is it possible to have an option like artwork downloader :

to copy all extrafanarts (if we want) also in a unique folder (when it downloads some for an artist to put it as it does in extrfanart but also in a unique folder) (this is usefull for background in home)

or maybe this is possible and i miss something

thanks
(2012-09-04, 09:37)Freedom Wrote: Hello Gitie,

Is there a way for the first time to build a database. I have around 150,000 MP3s, this will take a few weeks when I see this action. XBMC database is MYSQL. Reading is very fast but I obtain add this addon database is very slow. How can I deal with.

In settings there is an option to build the script's database in the background. But be sure that the XBMC Library is build first.

Once you start the database building, it will be running in the background. If you try to start the script while it building, it will cancel(I can't control this) and force you to restart the building.
It take approximently 1 second per album at best, and about 6 seconds at worst(also can't be helped as MusicBrainz requires the delay)
Also if you engage the All Artists option is settings, it will take 1-6 seconds for the non album artists.

(2012-09-05, 00:28)sarakha63 Wrote: is it possible to have an option like artwork downloader :

to copy all extrafanarts (if we want) also in a unique folder (when it downloads some for an artist to put it as it does in extrfanart but also in a unique folder) (this is usefull for background in home)

or maybe this is possible and i miss something

thanks

If you change you 'Path to Music Library' in settings, the script will save the artwork into that folder.
I tried to install the script and got dependencies not met, what do I need to install this? Sorry just trying to get cdart manager on my xbmc install, btw I am using eden beta 7 or 1.95.7, forgot to mention this was openelec not xbmc on it's own.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6