• 58(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Thanks - log uploaded.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2537

I'm probably missing something really simple - this is all a tad new to me. Any help is appreciated Wink
(2012-05-13, 09:27)WhiteHartMart Wrote: Thanks - log uploaded.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2537

I'm probably missing something really simple - this is all a tad new to me. Any help is appreciated Wink

Manual install this one to:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/scri...tifulsoup/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Fantastic - working fine now.

Did I miss something - apologies if so.

Thanks again Smile
(2012-05-13, 09:40)WhiteHartMart Wrote: Fantastic - working fine now.

Did I miss something - apologies if so.

Thanks again Smile

No you didn't. A line was missed that causes this module not to be installed. Will be fixed.
Actually I missed one.. Smile I need to remove the Import, Since it's not used anymore.

New version - https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.5.8.zip

Only checked what it needed. Not if it was still used Big Grin
hi, loving this script, especially since the latest updates.
i have a query / suggestion.
is there a way to get the script to recognise and download a second or third disc of multi disc album?
when i asked in the xbmc help about organising my multi disc albums i was told to edit the "part of set" under the advanced properties of the tag of each album to say 1/3, 2/3 3/3 etc.
This works and recognises the correct order in xbmc but im wondering if the same thing can be applied to this script, instead of having each disc in a seperate folder. maybe all the cdarts could save in the album folder under cdart.png, cdart2.png etc?
(2012-05-16, 08:20)theironyuppie Wrote: hi, loving this script, especially since the latest updates.
is there a way to get the script to recognise and download a second or third disc of multi disc album?
when i asked in the xbmc help about organising my multi disc albums i was told to edit the "part of set" under the advanced properties of the tag of each album to say 1/3, 2/3 3/3 etc.
This works and recognises the correct order in xbmc but im wondering if the same thing can be applied to this script, instead of having each disc in a seperate folder. maybe all the cdarts could save in the album folder under cdart.png, cdart2.png etc?

The script already handles multidisc albums, if the artwork is available on fanart.tv. The cdart.png(and it can only be named this way) needs to be in the actual disc folder.
The best way is to have your music set up in the following layout

Artist
----->Album
------------>Disc 1
------------------->track1
------------------->track2
------------>Disc 2

This will allow the script to pull out the Disc number. The script will then download the proper cdart.png image into the disc folder. It also will download the folder.jpg to both disc folders.
(2012-05-16, 08:41)giftie Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 08:20)theironyuppie Wrote: hi, loving this script, especially since the latest updates.

The script already handles multidisc albums, if the artwork is available on fanart.tv. The cdart.png(and it can only be named this way) needs to be in the actual disc folder.

Artist
----->Album
------------>Disc 1
------------>Disc 2

This will allow the script to pull out the Disc number. The script will then download the proper cdart.png image into the disc folder. It also will download the folder.jpg to both disc folders.
Giftie This is the best Explanation That I did not even ask for ( thanks to ironyuppie for asking).
A suggestion . You have the explanation about folder structure etc just underneath the main post . Would you consider adding small tid bits like this and on how best to have singles / compilations for the best results added on to that post as a how to for all to reference. people can sometimes miss things when they are spread across the whole thread and if brought in one place and given a bold heading of HOW TO .. etc it gives incentive to people to try that first & then ask for assistance if still not able to ( of course there are many who would ignore that as well and just ask away anyways ). Just a suggestion nothing else.
Thanks
(2012-05-16, 08:41)giftie Wrote:

Artist
----->Album
------------>Disc 1
------------>Disc 2

thanks for your quick reply.
i understand that this is the way that the script currently reads the cdarts which works fine for most people. the problem i have is with 150gb of music i have quite a few multi disc albums that i dont really fancy going and reodering. i also prefer to have my multi disc albums in a single folder so i can see all of the tracks at once without having to swap. like this:
Artist
------>Album
------------->1 01 Track name
------------->1 02 Track name
------------->2 01 Track name
------------->2 02 Track name
if the files need to be named cdart.png and only that, thats fair enough. i was just asking if its possible to modify the code to have the second disc cdart downloaded and named something else like cdart2.png by drawing the disc number from the tag info rather than the folder?
not really my field of expertise so forgive me if my request sounds odd.Blush
none of the skins out there uses cdart2.png and you would also need to change code for them to work.

getting it from tag is not possible (perhaps it is but very difficult to get it to work correctly)
Another test version, hopefully the last before it gets pushed to the main repo.

https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.5.9.zip

This fixes some changes made on MusicBrainz and fanart.tv

Hi, As fanart.tv needs some more advertisement, maybe you can consider to place some info on the CDart backgound picture? someting like powered by fanart.tv
I'm having an issue with cdART

Every time I try to run Auto Download it seems to freeze on the first one. It also after a while pops up a window saying my WXML Addon is Broken... (Only shows this when I run cdART Auto Download Functions)

Oh and I support the idea of showing something about Fanart.TV on the cdART!
I'm just starting to do some work for them, (wish I had started a long time ago)

EDIT: Okay so cdART and Album Covers are downloading fine. Its FanArt and ClearArt that hang on the first artist *NSYNC
(2012-05-21, 21:19)Kallaide Wrote: I'm having an issue with cdART

Every time I try to run Auto Download it seems to freeze on the first one. It also after a while pops up a window saying my WXML Addon is Broken... (Only shows this when I run cdART Auto Download Functions)

Oh and I support the idea of showing something about Fanart.TV on the cdART!
I'm just starting to do some work for them, (wish I had started a long time ago)

EDIT: Okay so cdART and Album Covers are downloading fine. Its FanArt and ClearArt that hang on the first artist *NSYNC

A debug log is needed for me to sort out problems...

As per suggestions, I have added 'Powered by' to the logo of the script.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6