• 59(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
I know I promised that 2.5.9 was going to be the last test version... But as you can see from the screenshot above, a new option has been added.... Artist Thumbs - which is also a new feature for fanart.tv.

It follows the same method as ClearLOGOs - saving an file artist.jpg.

Download from here...
https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/scri....2.6.0.zip

Also, any problems, please post a debug log.
this is one Promise which you can break time & again , should test this later tonight
@giftie,

Hello, latest translate file to portuguese (Brazil), download here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/cdartma...trings.xml

thanks again, great job, cdart work fine here, Windows 32 bits, xbmc frodo.

Wanilton

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
working like a charm , is really fast & is pulling in even more stuff then I could hold ... Thanx giftie for this amazing script !
Hi,

I found this extension yesterday and it seems really good.

I could get cdArts for most of my collection but I did not understand and to get artists thumbs, clearArt or even fanarts?

I can see them but it is not saved to my computer like cdArt or album cover. By the way, album covers are not automatically downloaded like cdart and it seems I have to do it one by one manually.

Maybe I did not understand how it works. Is there any manual somewhere?

Thank you for your help and keep up the good work, looks very nice ! Smile
(2012-05-25, 11:36)KorT3X Wrote: Hi,

I found this extension yesterday and it seems really good.

I could get cdArts for most of my collection but I did not understand and to get artists thumbs, clearArt or even fanarts?

I can see them but it is not saved to my computer like cdArt or album cover. By the way, album covers are not automatically downloaded like cdart and it seems I have to do it one by one manually.

Maybe I did not understand how it works. Is there any manual somewhere?

Thank you for your help and keep up the good work, looks very nice ! Smile

Hi, you need to choose "Cover Arts" and automatic download. If you want to save your clearart, fanart, etc. You need to set the option "Path to music library" and be sure it's writeable.
Thank you for your reply,

I'll check this but if it is already working for cdArt, why it is not the same for thumbs (automatic download)?
Images are only displayed in the addon instead.
I have to confirm to download the album cove but,for clearArt and fanArt I can't even download them.

For now, only cdArt.png is well written in the album folders.

FYI, all my albums are stored in the same "music" folder sorted like this "artist - year - album".
Do I have to put all albums of the same artist in its own folder?

Because I guess it's working like tv shows and the artist thumb may not be copied in each of its albums no?
XBMC does not actually provide an Artist path. This is because users can have many locations for albums, with Artists appearing in multiple places.

The suggested folder set up is the following

Artist <- folder
---->Album <- folder
---------->track1.mp3 <-file
---------->track2.mp3 <-file
---->Album <- folder
---------->track1.mp3 <-file
---------->track2.mp3 <-file
Artist <- folder

for multi-part albums

Artist <- folder
---->Album <- folder
---------->Disc 1 <- folder
--------------->track1.mp3 <-file
--------------->track2.mp3 <-file
---->Album <- folder
---------->Disc 2 <- folder
--------------->track1.mp3 <-file
--------------->track2.mp3 <-file

Also the artist folder name needs to match the actual Artist Name.
(2012-05-26, 16:33)Stildawn Wrote: Hi All

I used Musicbrainz Picard and spent literally the whole day running through all my music. I used the clear and rewrite data options, so now all my music has been correctly tagged by Musicbrainz.

I have downloaded and installed/enabled CDart Manager,

But well maybe I'm doing something wrong, but only about a third of my music collection is coming up with album art, fanart etc?

I have tried googling for a CDart Manager tutorial but I haven't found one.

What I did was I went into CDart Manager and then I clicked on "Automatic Download" on CDarts, Cover Arts and Fan Arts which took a long time each.

But nothing that I can tell has changed, still only about a third of my albums have any art, or fan art etc?

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks

(2012-05-26, 17:35)giftie Wrote: Please post in the proper thread(makes it easier for people to help.)

Since the fanart.tv(where cdART Manager gets its artwork, is a user supported site, thats is probably the correct number of artwork. I have about 1/3 of my artwork(2728 discs, but only 920 cdARTs.) The artwork number grows everyday and there are tutorials on how to produce this artwork.

Please visit fanart.tv and help out..

Thanks for the info, I hope this is the right thread.

Its just really odd, cause like its not showing up in music library view for some really well known artists, like Metallica for example, the only cover art showing is for the album S&M, but no others show, and no fanart etc?

I think I must be doing something wrong, could someone please give me a step by step process I should go through to set it up properly?

Also what are the numbers along the bottom of the CDart Manager screen, what do they represent as they keep changing, last night I have 1148 local discs, and around 458 ish local cdarts. Now this morning its saying 826 local discs, and 0 local cdartsHuh

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
What version of cdART Manager are you using? Version 2.6.0 is the latest test version(available on the first page of this thread), which has a lot of fixes that are not in the version available from Official Addon.

The numbers at the bottom are the counts that the script stores in it's database. They should only change when you Update/Rebuild the scripts database, also the cdART count will update when you download new cdARTs.

If you were not using version 2.6.0, after you install it, go into the settings before you run the script and turn on the setting: Enable MusicBrainz ID update during Addon Database update. Then run the script and select Update Database(Advanced -> Modify Local Database -> Update Database). This will fill in missing ID's(a possible cause for your lack of artwork findings.) Also anytime you update your Music Library on XBMC, you need to update the Addon's database.
Yeah I installed it via zip so yes 2.6.0

Ok I'll try doing that "Enable MusicBrainz ID" setting.

You talk about running the script. Um the only way I have managed to get into the CDArt Manager screen is by going to Music, then bringing up the left hand menu, then going to "Available Add-ons" the clicking "Obtain CDart/Cover" which then takes me to the CDart Manager Screen (the one that looks like the pictures in your first post).

Is this the correct way?
No, that it is not the normal method of starting the script. Sounds like you are using Aeon MQ3. Am I correct?

If you are using Aeon MQ3, you should be able to activate the Programs Tab on the Home screen. To do this you have to adjust the 'Furniture' in Skin settings..

Yeah I am using Aeon MQ3, is that a problem?

Ok programs tab.

What I am doing, is I'm going to uninstall XBMC, and start a fresh. Here's what I am going to do so tell me if I'm wrong lol:

- Install XBMC
- In XBMC, go to addons install via zip (and install both Aeon and Cdart Manager)
- Then in Skin Settings activate "Programs Tab"
- Add "My Music" as a music source.
- Then go to Programs tab and run CDart Manager?
- Do all the downloads?
- Huh
- Profit?

I'm a complete noob to Xbmc as you have probably guessed lol.
Though you don't have to completely reinstall XBMC. Just make sure your music is scanned into the library.

And actually if you press down when the Addons tab is highlighted on the Home Window, you can gain access to the Programs section.
Yeah but I just want to make sure things are clean.

I was messing around before and no matter what I did, no matter what I removed, some random things still stayed in the libraries lol.

Ok. So scan the music to the library.

After doing all the downloads in CDart Manager, do I need to do any like "update database" or anything?

Doing all this now hope it works.

Also... Do I need to set a media path in CDart Manager?
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6