• 78(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Thx giftie, I'll keep an eye out for updates.
Thanks giftie, I'll take a look at the log uploader script and work my way though that.

Not sure if you can help any further in the meantime? I have built XBMC library and believe this to be correct as when I first used cdart manager it worked great and I have working cdart in my library. Cdart only became a problem when moving to a newer version of XBMC (I think). My old albums still have cdart but i cannot even manually add cdart to new albums? And as mentioned before cdart manager now locks up. I tried re installing cdart manager, but no luck. Do you think it would be worth it to totally re install XBMC? If I do this are there any files stored anywhere that I would need to delete?

Thank you again for your help giftie
(2012-09-15, 01:05)ric308 Wrote: Thanks giftie, I'll take a look at the log uploader script and work my way though that.

Not sure if you can help any further in the meantime? I have built XBMC library and believe this to be correct as when I first used cdart manager it worked great and I have working cdart in my library. Cdart only became a problem when moving to a newer version of XBMC (I think). My old albums still have cdart but i cannot even manually add cdart to new albums? And as mentioned before cdart manager now locks up. I tried re installing cdart manager, but no luck. Do you think it would be worth it to totally re install XBMC? If I do this are there any files stored anywhere that I would need to delete?

Thank you again for your help giftie

A debug log will be the best for a first step.
(2012-09-14, 02:00)giftie Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 13:33)samurai07 Wrote: As you can see on the picture some artists are not recognized. Some of them don't exist at fanart.tv. KISS exists on fanart.tv as "KISS (US Rock band)", but the script only says "not found at fanart.tv". BAP exists at fanart.tv as "BAP (German rock)" and the script found the artist. Where are the differences that the script doesn't find KISS?
EDIT: After checking the log I see that a wrong MBID was used. I don't know why because it worked before. After changing the MBID KISS is recognized now. The problem now is that when I select KISS from cdarts or cover arts nothing happens. In the left corner "Artist: KISS" is displayed but that's all.
EDIT2: "Buffering" is displayed shortly and seems to return without result. The focus is lost. With moving the mouse I can get the focus again. But no list is displayed. This only happens with cdarts und cover arts as you hopefully can see in the log. I have selected clear arts also for this log. This was working.
The log: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104089403/cdart.log
Are you allowing the script to match your artists to fanart.tv's? At the start of the script, the script will display a progress dialog 'Retrieving Recognized Artist List', are you canceling this dialog? The script is not throwing any errors but states that it could not match anything(this and the fact you do have some match artists leads me to feel like you are canceling the matching)
Yes. I allow match to fanart.tv and no I don't cancel the matching. But as this database was very old I make a new one to ensure we don't waste time on things which aren't there. For instance: If I had changed a MBID from an album the entry disappeared from the list. With the new database this don't happen. So forgot this problem.

Quote:
Quote:Is it possible to mark the artist logo that is actually in use, for instance with a rectangle?
Not sure what you mean by this...
Here are 4 logos visible. You cannot see which of them is actual in use. With a rectangle frame around the logo you can show which logo is used atm.

Quote:
Quote:Is it possible to simply add new artists to the database instead of deleting the database and do a complete new scan? It's horrible for me to make a new scan every time I add an artist because it tooks several hours every time. I have 1000 compilations in the database for which the script don't find any images. Normally the script will never find any images for them. I suggest to integrate a filter mechanism which allow to decline the script searching for images. This can be done on artist level (here "VARIOUS") or on a path level where we can exclude albums beginning with the choosen path. Is this possible?
The script has an 'Update Database' option in the Advanced > Modify Local Database
OK, with the new database an update works fine (not really, see below). How about the suggestion adding a filter mechanism to exclude albums from adding to the addon database?

The update with the new database works fast, but it hangs on "Sorting artists". The last artist is displayed below this. The script hangs so I have to quit XBMC and make a restart. After starting again the database is a bit larger but all stats are 0 (you see that in the above picture) but the artists are all there, including the new ones.
The logfile:
Code:
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - ############################################################
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    cdART Manager                                         #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #        default.py module                                 #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    script.cdartmanager                                   #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Giftie                                                #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    2.7.4                                                 #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Ppic, Reaven, Imaginos, redje, Jair,                  #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Chaos_666, Magnatism, Kode, Martijn                   #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Thanks for the help guys...                           #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Eden                                                  #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - ############################################################
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Looking for settings.xml
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Work Folder: C:\Users\samurai07\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Database: C:\Users\samurai07\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\l_cdart.db
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon settings: C:\Users\samurai07\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\settings.xml
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Work Folder Found, Checking For Database
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Db Found, Checking Database Version
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Looking for database version: 1.5.3
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: ascii
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    cdART Manager                                         #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #        gui.py module                                     #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    script.cdartmanager                                   #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Giftie                                                #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    2.7.4                                                 #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Ppic, Reaven, Imaginos, redje, Jair,                  #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Chaos_666, Magnatism, Kode, Martijn                   #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - #    Thanks for the help...                                #
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Setting up Script
01:35:11 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Db found - Loading Counts
01:35:12 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Refreshing Counts
01:35:16 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - No Matches found.  Compare Artist and Album names with fanart.tv
01:35:56 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Populating Artist List
01:36:00 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - MBID Edit - Populating Album List
01:36:45 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - MBID Search - Populating Search List
01:36:51 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - MBID Edit - Populating Album List
01:37:12 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - MBID Search - Populating Search List
01:37:15 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - MBID Edit - Populating Album List
01:37:26 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Updating Addon's DB
01:37:26 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Updating Addon's DB - Checking Albums
01:38:39 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Updating Addon's DB - Getting MusicBrainz ID's for Artist and Albums
01:38:39 T:3768  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Checking Local Artists
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR: Exception in python script callback execution
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\samurai07\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1333, in onClick
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR: update_database( False )
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\samurai07\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 894, in update_database
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR: local_artist_count = len( combined_artists )
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR: UnboundLocalError
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR: :
01:38:39 T:3768   ERROR: local variable 'combined_artists' referenced before assignment
This is without debugging. Will there be more infos for you if debug is on? I also have the database before the update. If I can test something or you will have a look at the database it's no problem.

Hi giftie,

some other things:
- if building a database in background is in progress and "Notify during background database build" is activated the info widget is opened/closed again and again. This is annoying and is also visible during viewing a movie. Can you let this widget open during the whole build process? The advantage is that you can view a movie without seeing this widget every few seconds. And when you stop viewing you can see if the build is still in progress or if it is finished. Like XBMC does when it is updating a database.
- Changing the MBID from an album with "Select from search (manual entry)": There are only 10 results displayed from the search. Please display more results. If I try to change the MBID from one of the compilations it doesn't work because the right one is not one of the albums displayed.
- The album list seems to be sorted by date. Can you sort the list alphabetical?
- album list: scrolling. You scroll all 3 lines in the left side of the list (album, artist and path). Is it possible that you scroll only the lines which are to long to display completely?
- Can you allow more database backups per day and not only one?
- as you can see on the following pictures "Various artists" is in the list 2 times. I select the highlighted one (MBID:125E...) and get the result from the second picture, I get the list from the second one and not from the first one.
Image Image

Please have a look at this. Thanks.
bye
samurai07

HTPC: ASRock A75M-ITX, A8-3850, 4GB Ram, 60GB SSD, Win7 x64, XBMC Eden
(2012-09-15, 02:48)samurai07 Wrote: Yes. I allow match to fanart.tv and no I don't cancel the matching. But as this database was very old I make a new one to ensure we don't waste time on things which aren't there. For instance: If I had changed a MBID from an album the entry disappeared from the list. With the new database this don't happen. So forgot this problem.
Quote:Here are 4 logos visible. You cannot see which of them is actual in use. With a rectangle frame around the logo you can show which logo is used atm.
The script always starts with the top left artwork. Also it enlarges the image(if you move around you will see what I mean) When I went to this method I wanted a 'glow' around the the image, but at the time could not figure out how to do it(not a skin developer) Then I forgot about it.:S No one commenting about it didn't help. I will look into this(it happens on all artwork)
Quote:
Quote:The script has an 'Update Database' option in the Advanced > Modify Local Database
OK, with the new database an update works fine (not really, see below). How about the suggestion adding a filter mechanism to exclude albums from adding to the addon database?

The update with the new database works fast, but it hangs on "Sorting artists". The last artist is displayed below this. The script hangs so I have to quit XBMC and make a restart. After starting again the database is a bit larger but all stats are 0 (you see that in the above picture) but the artists are all there, including the new ones.

This is without debugging. Will there be more infos for you if debug is on? I also have the database before the update. If I can test something or you will have a look at the database it's no problem.
I'll look into this, I'm using an undeclared variable somewhere.
Quote:Hi giftie,

some other things:
- if building a database in background is in progress and "Notify during background database build" is activated the info widget is opened/closed again and again. This is annoying and is also visible during viewing a movie. Can you let this widget open during the whole build process? The advantage is that you can view a movie without seeing this widget every few seconds. And when you stop viewing you can see if the build is still in progress or if it is finished. Like XBMC does when it is updating a database.
The problem is that I would have to develop code and a skin to do the progress dialog, Addon developers only have access to the generic progress dialog(the one that fills half of the screen) It was a feature I added when I didn't realize that XBMC makes a sound everytime it showed the popup. I'm developing a scheduling script that has built in cdART Manager functions(database and downloading) This will take care of this in the sense that you would be able to schedule cdART Manager to update the database at 3:00am(or what ever time you want)
Quote:- Changing the MBID from an album with "Select from search (manual entry)": There are only 10 results displayed from the search. Please display more results. If I try to change the MBID from one of the compilations it doesn't work because the right one is not one of the albums displayed.
Really, 10 is not enough? lol.. I may add this as a setting as well...
Quote:- The album list seems to be sorted by date. Can you sort the list alphabetical?
The albums are listed on how they appear in XBMC's library, I'll see about adding a setting to allow the user to select sorting methods
Quote:- album list: scrolling. You scroll all 3 lines in the left side of the list (album, artist and path). Is it possible that you scroll only the lines which are to long to display completely?
No this is not possible. The reason why is that it is acutally one line. XBMC only allows two labels per list line, I use one for the left column, and one for the right column.
Quote:- Can you allow more database backups per day and not only one?
I'll add a time index to the filename as well which should take care of this
Quote:- as you can see on the following pictures "Various artists" is in the list 2 times. I select the highlighted one (MBID:125E...) and get the result from the second picture, I get the list from the second one and not from the first one.
This maybe a left over from the error that occured in the update/clean of the addon's database. The MBID - 89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377 is the proper one for Various Artists. Once I sort out the bug and a new release is put out, you will need to make sure that both 'Enable MusicBrainz ID update during Addon Database Update" and "Check Database MBID's to be current during update" are turned on. The update will take a little longer as the script will work hard at making sure that the ID's are correct. Though some how they got messed up and doubled up, this still may not fix it. I may have to see your addon database file to see what is going on.
Quote:Please have a look at this. Thanks.

Thanks for the reports.. They help me make the script better and better... Also, a couple of things. That DirectUpload is horrible(I hate popups) and please only post links to a debug log, the code box is not the easiest thing to use to view.

(2012-09-15, 03:58)giftie Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 02:48)samurai07 Wrote: Here are 4 logos visible. You cannot see which of them is actual in use. With a rectangle frame around the logo you can show which logo is used atm.
The script always starts with the top left artwork. Also it enlarges the image(if you move around you will see what I mean) When I went to this method I wanted a 'glow' around the the image, but at the time could not figure out how to do it(not a skin developer) Then I forgot about it.:S No one commenting about it didn't help. I will look into this(it happens on all artwork)
I'm not sure we talk about the same. I don't mean the logo where actual the cursor in the manager points to. I mean making visible the logo which is displayed when I'm browsing through my music database in xbmc.

Quote:
Quote:- if building a database in background is in progress and "Notify during background database build" is activated the info widget is opened/closed again and again. This is annoying and is also visible during viewing a movie. Can you let this widget open during the whole build process? The advantage is that you can view a movie without seeing this widget every few seconds. And when you stop viewing you can see if the build is still in progress or if it is finished. Like XBMC does when it is updating a database.
The problem is that I would have to develop code and a skin to do the progress dialog, Addon developers only have access to the generic progress dialog(the one that fills half of the screen) It was a feature I added when I didn't realize that XBMC makes a sound everytime it showed the popup. I'm developing a scheduling script that has built in cdART Manager functions(database and downloading) This will take care of this in the sense that you would be able to schedule cdART Manager to update the database at 3:00am(or what ever time you want)
May it be possible when there is a "conversation" between the script and the skin? The skin open the widget and let it open since the script gives the ok to close.

Quote:
Quote:- Changing the MBID from an album with "Select from search (manual entry)": There are only 10 results displayed from the search. Please display more results. If I try to change the MBID from one of the compilations it doesn't work because the right one is not one of the albums displayed.
Really, 10 is not enough? lol.. I may add this as a setting as well...
yes, because you give no result if the search string is to close to the wanted album. An example: On the picture with the album list you see "Bravo Black Hits 10". If I use this as the search string the script returns no result. Because of that I have to search with "Bravo Black Hits". Then I get 10 results, but the volume 10 is not under this 10 items. On the other hand when I go to the MB website and make a search for a release with the search string "Bravo Black Hits 10" I get one item with a score of 100 and many other, but this is the album I have searched for. Why don't you display this with the script?

Quote:
Quote:- The album list seems to be sorted by date. Can you sort the list alphabetical?
The albums are listed on how they appear in XBMC's library, I'll see about adding a setting to allow the user to select sorting methods
Quote:
Quote:- Can you allow more database backups per day and not only one?
I'll add a time index to the filename as well which should take care of this
That will be fine. Wink

Quote:
Quote:- as you can see on the following pictures "Various artists" is in the list 2 times. I select the highlighted one (MBID:125E...) and get the result from the second picture, I get the list from the second one and not from the first one.
This maybe a left over from the error that occured in the update/clean of the addon's database. The MBID - 89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377 is the proper one for Various Artists. Once I sort out the bug and a new release is put out, you will need to make sure that both 'Enable MusicBrainz ID update during Addon Database Update" and "Check Database MBID's to be current during update" are turned on. The update will take a little longer as the script will work hard at making sure that the ID's are correct. Though some how they got messed up and doubled up, this still may not fix it. I may have to see your addon database file to see what is going on.
This also happens with the db before the update. I'll send you a PM with the links to the databases before and after the update.

Quote:Thanks for the reports.. They help me make the script better and better... Also, a couple of things. That DirectUpload is horrible(I hate popups) and please only post links to a debug log, the code box is not the easiest thing to use to view.
no problem. With firefox and noscript I don't have popups with directupload. I will use another image hoster. OK, I used the code box because there was not much log.

bye
samurai07

HTPC: ASRock A75M-ITX, A8-3850, 4GB Ram, 60GB SSD, Win7 x64, XBMC Eden
(2012-09-16, 01:25)samurai07 Wrote: I'm not sure we talk about the same. I don't mean the logo where actual the cursor in the manager points to. I mean making visible the logo which is displayed when I'm browsing through my music database in xbmc.
Not possible. I could add it for the future, but the script can not tell what image on fanart.tv that logo.png used to be.
Quote:May it be possible when there is a "conversation" between the script and the skin? The skin open the widget and let it open since the script gives the ok to close.
The access to trigger the background building from the settings will be removed from in the next release. My scheduler addon will be released at the same time.
Quote:yes, because you give no result if the search string is to close to the wanted album. An example: On the picture with the album list you see "Bravo Black Hits 10". If I use this as the search string the script returns no result. Because of that I have to search with "Bravo Black Hits". Then I get 10 results, but the volume 10 is not under this 10 items. On the other hand when I go to the MB website and make a search for a release with the search string "Bravo Black Hits 10" I get one item with a score of 100 and many other, but this is the album I have searched for. Why don't you display this with the script?
How their website and the script access the information is completely different. Their search is more general since you are expected to select the correct one. The script uses a slightly different method where it tries to match with tight parameters. I'll loosen up the restrictions a little to allow for a more generic match. The reason 'Bravo Black Hits 10" did not match is that the script is looking for the actual title 'Bravo Black Hits 10' which does not match 'Bravo Black Hits, Volume 10' as is appears on MusicBrainz.
Quote:This also happens with the db before the update. I'll send you a PM with the links to the databases before and after the update.
As I said, when the next release is out, you will need to do an update with the settings I mentioned turned on. It should fix the problem. If it doesn't then I'll need to look at your databases
Quote:no problem. With firefox and noscript I don't have popups with directupload. I will use another image hoster. OK, I used the code box because there was not much log.
But remember, I require(as pretty much all developers) a complete debug log.

Giftie, I think I have searched thoroughly and couldn't find the answer but would be surprised if you haven't covered this before. It relates to the filename conventions mentioned in post #5.

I have my music on an XFS formatted NAS accessed via SMB from both ATV2 and MacBook - meaning folder names are case sensitive. I assume the script reads Artist name from the database as sometimes it creates a new folder with the exact same name but with lower case letters in certain places. For example, existing folder is "Cage The Elephant" but the script creates a new folder named "Cage the Elephant". Is there a way to workaround this behaviour?

Also, for Artists with slashes in the name like "AC/DC", the script creates a new folder "AC" with a subfolder "DC". I noticed your recent post about converting illegal characters to "_" which I assume would fix this issue.
(2012-09-16, 12:26)tji100 Wrote: Giftie, I think I have searched thoroughly and couldn't find the answer but would be surprised if you haven't covered this before. It relates to the filename conventions mentioned in post #5.

I have my music on an XFS formatted NAS accessed via SMB from both ATV2 and MacBook - meaning folder names are case sensitive. I assume the script reads Artist name from the database as sometimes it creates a new folder with the exact same name but with lower case letters in certain places. For example, existing folder is "Cage The Elephant" but the script creates a new folder named "Cage the Elephant". Is there a way to workaround this behaviour?
The script uses the actual title of the Artist that is found by XBMC(usually from your tags) A lot of taggers properly title the album(MusicBrainz Picard matches what MusicBrainz has on it's site) So the Proper name is with the lower case 't'. This does create the two folders on a case sensitive filesystem
Quote:Also, for Artists with slashes in the name like "AC/DC", the script creates a new folder "AC" with a subfolder "DC". I noticed your recent post about converting illegal characters to "_" which I assume would fix this issue.
Keep in mind when I add the option to set illegal characters, this may break how skins access the images since I don't think that they have the ability to do the same. This won't be a problem when Frodo comes out(or at least it shouldn't)
I posted about the following issue a short while back and I've finally got round to trying to provide the correct type of log to help see what the issue is.

The problem is that I am unable to download CD art. When an apparent match is found it displays the missing artwork image instead, it appears. I'll try to explain in more detail using a specific artist/album/cdart.

I have an album by the artist Drake, that album is Take Care. I have the deluxe version so because of the additional information in the ID3 tags (the deluxe suffix etc) I have set the correct MBID/Release group IDs for the artist & album using CDArt Manager because the release couldn't be found automatically.

When I use CDArt Manager I navigate through the cd art menu to manually select Drake, which is highlighted green. CDArt Manager returns the name of the album (Take Care) but displays this image. Fanart.tv has the artwork available for the album as you can see here.

I pressed enter to confirm the cd art choice anyway to see if it was just a display issue and would download the correct cd art regardless. Alas, when playing the album in XBMC, this image is displayed as the cd art.

If I've produced the correct log this time then this log is me doing what I've described above.

This happens on all albums that have the cd art available on fanart.tv. If fanart.tv doesn't have the cd art available then CDArt Manager will not display anything when I select an artist via the cdart menu in CDArt Manager. If I've explained that sufficiently.

I'm running OpenELEC 2.0 Beta 7(1.95.7) [XBMC-Eden], and I have removed the appropriate line of code from CDArt Manager 2.7.4 to enable it to run with OpenELEC.

Any advice/resolution would be much appreciated.
I was just wondering if you would ever add support for home theater backdrops for fanart, they have quite a good collection on there that would be a nice addition to scrapping 720 and 1080 fanart, but I dont know if this would be possible.
Hi there
I have a problem, I can't download any artwork, at all. Every time I try I get a "not found on fanart.tv" even if it is artists and albums that exist on fanart.tv.
I use 2.7.4. I have tried 2.6.5 but I can't get that one to scan my library.

Any ideas on this?
(2012-09-20, 07:39)Lasborg Wrote: Hi there
I have a problem, I can't download any artwork, at all. Every time I try I get a "not found on fanart.tv" even if it is artists and albums that exist on fanart.tv.
I use 2.7.4. I have tried 2.6.5 but I can't get that one to scan my library.

Any ideas on this?

me either. can't download or find any artwork. something must be down somewhere...
I thought it was just me. Glad it's probably not something I'm doing wrong then.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6