• 136(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Hi

Probably a daft question, but I have a couple of albums with the Album Artists as Various Artists and each mp3 in it tagged with the track artist. When I run the update it creates the separate folders with the individual artists images which aren't coming through in XBMC on playback.

Do I need to copy these files into the album folder to get them to appear? And if so, which folders/files should I copy across?

Otherwise, brilliant add-on. Thanks.

Cheers

Dan
Hi Giftie,

having problems with the script on 13.1 with skin Aeon Nox Gotham. When it starts it does a fanart.tv check for new art and generally this always stalls at some point sometimes after 10%,15% then maybe 72%. Here is part of my logfile concerning when cdart is executed:

19:58:39 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Addon Db Found, Checking Database Version
19:58:39 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Looking for database version: 3.0.3
19:58:39 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Database matched
19:58:44 T:6048 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
19:58:44 T:6048 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 5 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 10
19:58:48 T:3228 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:58:48 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Setting up Script
19:58:48 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Addon Db found - Loading Counts
19:58:49 T:3228 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:58:50 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Refreshing Counts
19:58:50 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Checking for new Artwork on fanart.tv since last run...
19:58:53 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - New Artwork found on fanart.tv
19:58:53 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Checking for artist match with fanart.tv - Get Recognized artists
19:58:53 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Checking for new Artwork on fanart.tv since last run...
19:58:56 T:5536 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - New Artwork found on fanart.tv
19:59:08 T:5536 ERROR: [cdART Manager] - error: timed out
19:59:08 T:5536 ERROR: [cdART Manager] - e.errno: None
19:59:08 T:5536 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: (None,)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\gui.py", line 71, in onInit
self.setup_all()
File "C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1061, in setup_all
self.all_artists_list, self.album_artists = get_recognized( all_artists, album_artists )
File "C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\fanarttv_scraper.py", line 383, in get_recognized
match[ "has_art" ] = update_art( match[ "musicbrainz_artistid" ], data, artist[ "has_art" ] )
File "C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\fanarttv_scraper.py", line 304, in update_art
new_art = ( get_html_source( url, str( mbid ), save_file = True, overwrite = True ) ).encode( 'utf-8', 'ignore' )
File "C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\utils.py", line 203, in get_html_source
log( "errno.errorcode: %s" % errno.errorcode[e.errno] , xbmc.LOGERROR )
KeyError: (None,)
-->End of Python script error report<--

Can you help at all?

Thanks,

Mike.
Anyone else have any ideas what is wrong? Does this actually work with Gotham?

Mike
(2014-06-15, 11:29)johndj1 Wrote: Hi

Probably a daft question, but I have a couple of albums with the Album Artists as Various Artists and each mp3 in it tagged with the track artist. When I run the update it creates the separate folders with the individual artists images which aren't coming through in XBMC on playback.

Do I need to copy these files into the album folder to get them to appear? And if so, which folders/files should I copy across?

Otherwise, brilliant add-on. Thanks.

Cheers

Dan

XBMC does not give scripts access to update the art files in the database. This causes the artwork not to show up.

(2014-06-17, 07:54)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Giftie,

having problems with the script on 13.1 with skin Aeon Nox Gotham. When it starts it does a fanart.tv check for new art and generally this always stalls at some point sometimes after 10%,15% then maybe 72%. Here is part of my logfile concerning when cdart is executed:

Can you help at all?

Thanks,

Mike.

I need a full debug log posted(on pastebin or xbmclogs)
Hi Giftie,

I'm having a script failed error when trying to use the CDArt Manager tool. It would be great if you could take a look at the XBMC.log on Pastebin and try to find out what's causing CDArt Manager to not run. I appreciate your help.

http://pastebin.com/G6v0uTrJ

Thanks.
Hi there. I just installed your script and am getting the following error:

15:45:25 T:3520 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating /192.168.1.110
15:45:25 T:3520 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating /192.168.1.110/Media
15:45:25 T:3520 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating /192.168.1.110/Media/Music
15:45:25 T:3520 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating /192.168.1.110/Media/Music/Fear Factory - Demanufacture
15:45:25 T:3520 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Refreshing Counts

My NAS' IP address is 192.168.13.110 so why is the script looking at 192.168.1.110? I couldn't find a setting for this if there is one.

Thank you.

Also, the script only finds a faction of the artists and says there are 486 local discs when in fact there are over 1300.
Hi Morbeas,

Have you configured the script to save to a local directory? Check configuration and see if you have set a location or not?

The script is very dependent on your music being setup correctly with musicbrainz tags, I know as I've just spent a good deal of time putting my library through musicbrainz picard in the hope of this script getting more matches, but your selection of music will matter as well as it needs to be in musicbrainz to get the ids etc, but then needs to be in fanart.tv as well to obtain the artwork. A lot of my collection is Uk club music and DJ compilations and as such neither musicbrainz or fanart exists, my local discs is around 700 where as I have over 4000+.
99% of my stuff is mainstream and is found on fanart.tv. I know because I'm manually downloading them.

I don't know where it's getting the 192.168.1.110 IP from. I think that's the issue here.
192.168.1.110 sounds like a device within the personal or home lan, to me.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Hi everyone - quick question.

The only part of cdart that doesn't work for me is the downloading of cd art. All other parts work fine (clearlogos, fanart etc.) My xbmc box is a simple linux client - all media (including music) is located on a separate server and accessed via nfs (readonly). I've configured cdart manager to store the artwork locally. This works fine for hte clearlogos, fanart and extrafanart. But for some reason, the cdart doesnt' show up in this folder (even though it looks like its working when I tell it to download cdart).

A look at the log shows the following.
Code:
14:01:27 T:140222980392704  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - cdART #: 0
14:01:27 T:140222980392704  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Artist: u'Zero 7'        
              Album: u'Simple Things'
14:01:27 T:140222980392704  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Album Path: u'nfs://192.16
8.1.5/mnt/hulk/Music/Zero 7/Simple Things/cdart.png'
14:01:27 T:140222980392704  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - ######  Copying error, cda
rt.png does not exist

It looks like cdart is trying to put the new cd art into the readonly nfs share instead of putting in the local folder, like it was configured to do. Is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
hi giftie or anyone - im trying to get back the bigger artist logo on the home screen in the info panel. somehow it reverted back to defualt small size while video visualization screen is the big logo. i don't rmbr where or can't seem to find files or link to do that after searching. been lookin but no luck. any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: need to tweak home.xml, on line 261-264. thanks devilshura!
(2012-05-26, 01:36)giftie Wrote: XBMC does not actually provide an Artist path. This is because users can have many locations for albums, with Artists appearing in multiple places.

The suggested folder set up is the following

Artist <- folder
---->Album <- folder
---------->track1.mp3 <-file
---------->track2.mp3 <-file
---->Album <- folder
---------->track1.mp3 <-file
---------->track2.mp3 <-file
Artist <- folder

for multi-part albums

Artist <- folder
---->Album <- folder
---------->Disc 1 <- folder
--------------->track1.mp3 <-file
--------------->track2.mp3 <-file
---->Album <- folder
---------->Disc 2 <- folder
--------------->track1.mp3 <-file
--------------->track2.mp3 <-file

Also the artist folder name needs to match the actual Artist Name.

I very seldom buy albums, but instead song singles. However, I do have multiple songs by the same artist. Given that, can I setup the folder structure only by Artist and if so do I need to do any special settings? Will cdArt scrape a pic of the Artist, rather than an Album?

Music <- folder
---->Artist <- folder
---------->Artist - Title1.mp3 <-file
---------->Artist - Title2.mp3 <-file
---->Artist <- folder
---------->Artist - Title1.mp3 <-file
---------->Artist - Title2.mp3 <-file
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Hi there. I've been using cdART Manager for a while now and have been pretty satisfied. However, I've noticed that many common albums that do have cover art available for them on fanart.tv do not get that art for them. AC/DC, for instance, has very few of its albums get art downloaded for it even though every one of them is available on fanart.tv.

All albums are recognized with the correct MBIDs when scanning, but whenever cdART Manager tries to pull album cover art for them, I often get the following note in the debug log: ALBUM NOT MATCHED ON FANART.TV. Can anyone add some insight on this issue?

EDIT: It seems this problem applies to albums that have more than one available album cover at fanart.tv. Is there a way around this issue?
I'm having a script error when I try to start CDArt Manager. Can you please take a look at the debug XBMC.log at Pastebin and tell me what's wrong?

http://pastebin.com/61Rv30w7

Thanks!
Ok I give up... I need help. Ive been trying to figure this out since last night and now i have this throbbing headache. For the love of me i cant figure this out. everytime i launch cdART i have a different experience. (Mostly it freezes - because it doesnt show anything that its doing anything)

steps on what im doing:
* update my library
* start cdART Manager - First question: why i cant navigate the cdART with my keyboard? I can only navigate with mouse so i have to enable it.
* I navigate to ALBUM CDARTS > AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS click it and then i have no indication if its running or not.

due to frustration i did uninstall and reinstall. clean my music library and add the music library again. Then i use the cdART update manager to build the database. After its finished the indication LOCAL ARTIST, LOCAL DISCS and LOCAL CDARTS are still blank.

I dont know what im doing wrong Angry

All i want to do is to have a fanart and a cd art while im playing my songs on my HTPC.

Help needed pls Sad

All i wanted is to have this look

Here is my xbmc log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=252432
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6