• 138(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Is it safe to assume this is not Kodi compatible?
When I first installed cdArt Manager I just went in and clicked auto-downloaded for everything. As a result, every single disc art and album art shows "travis - Good feeling" for some odd reason. Tried fooling around with again and gave up with it, couldnt figure out how to work it. Tried again tonight and still not sure whats going on. Thought Id see if someone knows what I need to do to reset it all and get the correct artwork.

If I go to the cdart > search artist I assume this is where it searches for the artwork and I manually click to download?

When I chose AC/DC it still just shows "travis, good feeling".

Any ideas? Im obviously doing something really wrong..
(2014-10-15, 23:38)helta Wrote: Is it safe to assume this is not Kodi compatible?

So far I can't make it work on Kodi. If I do a refresh addon database it loses all my local cdart essentially deleting the database. Still trying to figure it out.
(2014-10-16, 15:57)Kwulabear Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 23:38)helta Wrote: Is it safe to assume this is not Kodi compatible?

So far I can't make it work on Kodi. If I do a refresh addon database it loses all my local cdart essentially deleting the database. Still trying to figure it out.

i was going to give this add-on go and in kodi on a brand new install it scans and sorts the tags out then hangs at 99% with no error message
@orby: yup, thats my exact experience as well

@kwulabear: yeah, hopefully there is an update soon.
I seem to recall there were some database changes in Kodi. Maybe that's what is stopping cdart manager from working. Here is a snip from the log. Will provide full log if anyone sees a need.

02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - ############################################################
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # cdART Manager #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # default.py module #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # script.cdartmanager #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Giftie #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # 4.0.5 #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Ppic, Reaven, Imaginos, redje, Jair, #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Chaos_666, Magnatism, Kode, Martijn #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Thanks for the help guys... #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Frodo #
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - ############################################################
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Looking for settings.xml
02:02:51 T:7056 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
02:02:51 T:7056 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 619, in get_local_artists_db
02:02:51 T:7056 ERROR: c.execute(query)
02:02:51 T:7056 ERROR: OperationalError: no such table: local_artists
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Checking for new Artwork on fanart.tv since last run...
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: Unexpected error:
02:02:51 T:7056 NOTICE: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
02:02:51 T:7056 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: no such table: counts
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\default.py", line 356, in <module>
new_artwork, data = check_fanart_new_artwork( present_datecode )
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\fanarttv_scraper.py", line 265, in check_fanart_new_artwork
previous_datecode = retrieve_fanarttv_datecode()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 423, in retrieve_fanarttv_datecode
c.execute(query)
OperationalError: no such table: counts
-->End of Python script error report<--
I have been using this addon for quite a while, and I was always thinking that when doing a "autoall" background update, the addon would also update its own database to match with the xbmc music library when there is new music added. But apparently, it doesn't. I always have to do a manual update of the cdart manager db, which totally ruins the whole idea of a fully automated system. Can anybody confirm this behaviour? Is it intentionally? Is there a workaround?
(2014-10-02, 16:00)martinconroy Wrote: Is there an option to have the CDart stored and read from a central network location? I have several XBMC devices and (as I understand it) each holds local CDart info. Would be great if this could be run on my media server and the other devices reference it. Is that possible?

Totally possible. It's skin dependant though. You need to tell the skin where your shared music library is on your network, and then it'll pick up all the art from there. This is probably in the skin settings somewhere or in the case of Aeon MQ5, you go into one of the music library views and press 'up' twice to get to the setting.

You do need to be running a MySQL server for the actual music database though. If you're already sharing stuff over your network then this is probably the case already.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Now that Kodi is in the beta stage, is cdart manager script being updated to work with it?
(2014-10-29, 13:02)black_eagle Wrote:
(2014-10-02, 16:00)martinconroy Wrote: Is there an option to have the CDart stored and read from a central network location? I have several XBMC devices and (as I understand it) each holds local CDart info. Would be great if this could be run on my media server and the other devices reference it. Is that possible?

Totally possible. It's skin dependant though. You need to tell the skin where your shared music library is on your network, and then it'll pick up all the art from there. This is probably in the skin settings somewhere or in the case of Aeon MQ5, you go into one of the music library views and press 'up' twice to get to the setting.

You do need to be running a MySQL server for the actual music database though. If you're already sharing stuff over your network then this is probably the case already.

Thanks - most helpful. Running MySQL so just need to find this in Aeon Nox.
Mabye a stupped question. It seems I cant open the cdart addon using Aeon Nox for Gotham. please help
(2014-11-05, 13:30)Kwulabear Wrote: Now that Kodi is in the beta stage, is cdart manager script being updated to work with it?

bump
I always get the same error...

10:58:49 T:139952247469824 ERROR: [cdART Manager] - error: [Errno socket error] [Errno -2] Name or service not known
10:58:49 T:139952247469824 ERROR: [cdART Manager] - e.errno: socket error
10:59:25 T:139952247469824 ERROR: [cdART Manager] - error: [Errno socket error] [Errno -2] Name or service not known
10:59:25 T:139952247469824 ERROR: [cdART Manager] - e.errno: socket error
10:59:59 T:139952247469824 ERROR: [cdART Manager] - error: [Errno socket error] [Errno -2] Name or service not known
10:59:59 T:139952247469824 ERROR: [cdART Manager] - e.errno: socket error

This makes every database update a pain in the ass. It takes forever! Any ideas?
great program but i think its a little over complicated for the average user . if it needs to be changed for kodi how about maybe splitting it into 2 programs .

1- for the musicbrainz etc side of it .

2- make the atwork (cover/logo/clearart etc) downloading more simple . like artwork downloader for films/series
(2014-07-06, 18:15)zapho Wrote: Hi everyone - quick question.

The only part of cdart that doesn't work for me is the downloading of cd art. All other parts work fine (clearlogos, fanart etc.) My xbmc box is a simple linux client - all media (including music) is located on a separate server and accessed via nfs (readonly). I've configured cdart manager to store the artwork locally. This works fine for hte clearlogos, fanart and extrafanart. But for some reason, the cdart doesnt' show up in this folder (even though it looks like its working when I tell it to download cdart).

A look at the log shows the following.
Code:
14:01:27 T:140222980392704  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - cdART #: 0
14:01:27 T:140222980392704  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Artist: u'Zero 7'        
              Album: u'Simple Things'
14:01:27 T:140222980392704  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Album Path: u'nfs://192.16
8.1.5/mnt/hulk/Music/Zero 7/Simple Things/cdart.png'
14:01:27 T:140222980392704  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - ######  Copying error, cda
rt.png does not exist

It looks like cdart is trying to put the new cd art into the readonly nfs share instead of putting in the local folder, like it was configured to do. Is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I believe folder.jpg files and cdart.png files are ALWAYS placed in-folder with the music itself. Other types of artwork can be stored in the folder specified in your cdart manager settings. So by setting your NFS share read-only, cdart manager will indeed download cover and cd images, but when it attempts to write them out to the target folder (where the music actually resides) it can't write to that folder with your setup. Also, even if you were able to change this, most skins I've used expect the cdart.png and folder.jpg files to reside with the music for functionality to work as expected. Other "Artwork" such as fanart, clear logos, etc are stored in the folder defined as; "Path To Music Library (Artwork)" in cdart manager, which admittedly is somewhat misleading, as this folder can be anywhere XBMC has write access, not nessecarily WITH the music library.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6