• 4(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Download a install a new version of XBMC(above 31632 I think) it will have the missing files(script.module.pysqlite) that you need.

Nate Dogg III Wrote:Getting 'script failed' for this, here's a bit of my debug log:

Any ideas? Downloaded through the addons repo, running from the scripts menu, rev31504 for win7.
Tomkun Wrote:Hello there.

I have to say, that I really love the CDart, but I have been less than disappointed by my own efforts at creating them.

I realised quite quickly that I was having trouble making everything line up, especially when I used scans from websites. Sometimes the perspective is wrong, there is a shadow or whatever.

So, I started cropping only the labels, and removing anything that had didn't have any design on it. At first I was very pleased with the results, but when I saw them in XBMC, they looked odd.The most glaring issue was that each CD had a different sized hole in the middle.

So, with the aid of Gimp, and a couple of plugins, I have found a way to rectify this issue.

First, I created a blank CD image 454x454 and tried my best to make it look shiny like a blank CD does.

Second, I placed the labels I had already created over it and merged the layers.

Finally, I resized back to 450x450. (The reason I made the image slighty larger in the first place is because most CDs have a border around the label).

Now, I am very pleased with the results, although I am sure someone can make a better background image than I.

I'd love to show you the results, but I can't figure out how to upload pics.

i've been thinking about the same thing. Just didn't have the time to look at it yet. In most skins, there's a default fallback image of a blank cd. Maybe you could use one of them?
ok i'm lost installed this from *.zip in svn Dharma it's installed fine how does one set it up and run it to download cd-arts for my collection lol?
Just a couple of questions first...

What version of XBMC are you using? - needs to be above 32000
What Platform are you using? - Linux(32bit) Linux(64bit) OSX, Windows?

If you are using a Linux build(or Live build for that matter) you might be missing some 'builtin' modules, mainly script.module.pysqlite(I have copies of both the 2bit and 64bit versions if needed)

Since you have it installed, from the Settings->Addons->Enabled Addons->Program Add-ons, click on cdART Manager. Move over to Settings and select.

A breakdown of what you see:

cdART Backup Folder - this is a location that cdART Manager can copy cdART images to and from. There is the ability to copy single cdARTs or all your cdARTS from your music folders to this folder and then copy back to the music folders(not often needed) Using this backup feature, you are also able to place cdARTs that you create and quickly place them in the required folders - as long as they follow the naming conventions mentioned later.

Unique Local cdART Folder - This is the location that will store the cdARTs when you use the Copy Unique Local cdARTs option(under Advanced). This will put all your local cdARTs that don't happen to match any criteria on XBMCSTUFF.com - this makes it a little easier to upload them to XBMCSTUFF.com. There are a few limitations(though they might be fixed before the next release)

Backup Saving format - this is where you set your desired file naming convention. There are only two format: 1) Artist/Album.png 2) artist - album.png. These are use for the backup and the unique copy sequences. In the next release the script will be able to read back both and only save in the one you choose. ver. 0.9.8(the one on the repo) it will only copy back from the folders based on the format selected.

Once all this is complete the script should run. The first thing it will do is search you XBMC's MyMusic7.db(you music library) for Artist and Albums. Then it will search your music folders for cdARTs and make a list of what is already existing. You have a couple of options on how to get the cdARTs, Manual(Search Artists) or Automatic(Automatic Download) I would suggest if it is your first run, to do an Automatic Download, though it does take time(depending on your music library size) but it should be the easiest to get you cdART collection on its way. After that you can use the Search Artists feature and find the ones that Automatic Downloading missed(it happens sometimes...)

I hope this gets you going....
i'm using the latest dharma svn so no worries there and vista 64

thanks so much i'll read through and follow your guide Smile
I have the same problem as Nate. Just installed/enabled the cdART Manager script, on my Debian testing, with r32416 on top.

My log also shows:

Quote:15:12:00 T:2822761328 M:1544048640 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
15:12:00 T:2822761328 M:1544048640 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
15:12:00 T:2822761328 M:1544048640 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named pysqlite2
15:12:00 T:2822761328 M:1544048640 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 31, in ?
import gui
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/gui.py", line 25, in ?
from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3
ImportError: No module named pysqlite2
15:12:00 T:2822761328 M:1544048640 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

My r32416 comes with pysqlite module, but not pysqlite2?
CoreELEC 19.3
LG OLED CX 65 - Yamaha RX-V775 . Dali Opticon 6.
giftie Wrote:Hooper818 - What version of XBMC are you using?

MacLeod_1980 - What version of XBMC are you using?

I have 1:10.08~svn32246-karmic1 installed.
Check inside the addons/script.module.pysqlite and see if there is any files.. If you are compiling your own from SVN you need to do the following during :

svn up(or git pull --whichever one you use)
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pil
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pysqlite
make install

It has worked for others, it hasn't been put into the README.linux file for XBMC yet. Only the Windows version builds properly.

If you don't build your own from SVN or not going to compile one for a while:

Linux files - should be able to install via 'Install from Zip File'
64bit: http://www.mediafire.com/?14dbqsr3nnpyn70
32bit: http://www.mediafire.com/?gaz7zwntror21gr
i tried your new version today trying to export my cdarts. The export is a lot cleaner now thnx...great job. Only problem i have now is that resizing didn't work for me....
did you select the option in the settings menu?
giftie Wrote:did you select the option in the settings menu?

yep...did try it 2 times and refreshed the local database inbetween the attempts
Could you post a copy of your xbmc.log(use a paste.bin since they tend to be large)

I just double checked both my windows test rig and my linux - both properly resized images... hmm... It only does it on a unique copy(single from local cdart and multiple from Unique cdART copy...)
ok, here's my pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/4UbDVWr6
giftie Wrote:you need to do the following during :

svn up(or git pull --whichever one you use)
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pil
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pysqlite
make install

Is there a trac for this already? This is most likely a ./config error and should be handled as such - not included in the README for the users to do it manually...
lies, it is included as of yesterday.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6