Number of the movies?
Hi. I'm new to XBMC for MAC (happy PLEX user), but I just want to congratulate on very nice skin. Maybe the best HTPC skin I've seen. I've change the sounds of the interface. It seems to me that are not appropriate to the atmosphere of the skin (but, hey, not arguing on tastes).
Finally, one thing is missing for me. Overall number of movies. These days I was manipulating with large number of movies (moving from server to another one) and very often I was changing the ski just to check the overall number of movies.
Once again, BRAVO for the developer, thanks for your hard work. I hope someone will convert the skin for PLEX one day. In meantime I will use XBMC for Mac (While PLEX 9 is developed) because of this skin.
Thanks for the compliments, always makes doing these things worthwhile...

1. Yea sounds are hit or miss, this is actually first comment I had - positive or negative on them.

2. Some people love IMDB/Movie Totals/Genre, etc...The only ones I think are important are Runtime, Rated PG/PG-13/R, and maybe year and plot depending on if it fits the look of a view

And my personal preference in skins and my skin in general is I'm not into breadcrumbs (headers that display time, weather, what view your in, library totals, etc). My vision was Library views that are only filled with Media content. And with that in mind I didn't really leave any room for those to fit in...

But really all of it is very subjective and up to personal tastes...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
You got the point. Media is what matters. But, somehow, the info on overall number of movies is useful in case of keeping track between the difference of scraped and non-scraped movies (library/video) ... so, there must be a some place (any) to put...
and yes , not in a library browser, but some other place ... I don't know if it's worth in case I'm the only one needed that info.
Never mind, I spent al l the day today with xbmc and night skin and everything went nice and smooth and can say that xbmc became beautiful media browser/player. I haven't used it for an year and half now...
Thanks for your answer and your hard work on this skin.
I think I'll post again for a few weeks to express more details on my experience with this interface.
I'm not usually much of a bandwagon hopper but this has been asked many times some of them by me.
A count would be extremely useful for many, even if you had to make it optional.
I know you hate hundreds of little options but you should atleast consider it. Smile
I third that. I don't like making requests either but the movie count seems like it would be really great. Of course, it's ultimately up to you since you made the skin. I know I have the option of modding it myself, but that probably won't happen.
+1 I like to have the movie count on my screen one of the reasons I still use showcase on my main system.
That said I wouldnt stop using this on my other systems if it never happened :-)
It is also great for me if this skin can show total number of movies on home menu or inside movie menu
Ok I was messing around with skin I was able to add the Movies count to each view except for the files view and the panel view, there is no place to fit these on the screen.

16x9

Code:
<control type="label"><!--Movie Count-->
    <include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
    <include>Animation_Viewtype_Episode_LeftSide</include>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(59) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
    <posx>10</posx>
    <posy>5</posy>
    <width>460</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <font>Font_Bartowski_Movies</font>
    <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
    <label>Movies: $INFO[Container.NumItems]</label>
</control>

Poster

Code:
    <include>Animation_ZoomInZoomOut</include>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(50) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
    <posx>1160</posx>
    <posy>680</posy>
    <width>460</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
</control>

Showcase

Code:
    <include>Animation_Viewtype_Showcase_LeftArea</include>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(58) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
    <posx>10</posx>
    <posy>680</posy>
    <width>460</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
</control>

Wall Panel

Code:
    <include>Animation_Viewtype_Panel_Title</include>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(597) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
    <posx>10</posx>
    <posy>5</posy>
    <width>460</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
</control>

Wall

Code:
    <include>Animation_Viewtype_Panel_Title</include>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(54) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
    <posx>10</posx>
    <posy>680</posy>
    <width>460</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
</control>
I don't really have a problem with adding a label myself as I've done this kinda thing already.
However, honestly I still think it should/could be part of the skin especially with others requesting it.

*shrug*
hikaricore Wrote:I don't really have a problem with adding a label myself as I've done this kinda thing already.
However, honestly I still think it should/could be part of the skin especially with others requesting it.

*shrug*

It's already inBig Grin It now is part of Global clock...I posted my response saying its done in the Custom Playlist thread by mistake, too lazy to fix it since it will be uploaded tonight...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks. ^_^
mcborzu Wrote:It's already inBig Grin It now is part of Global clock...I posted my response saying its done in the Custom Playlist thread by mistake, too lazy to fix it since it will be uploaded tonight...

Thanks Again :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Number of the movies?0