Display Audio Languages
Hey.

I have movies in several languages - some are in English, others are in German etc. Sometimes I even have two versions of the same movie in different languages.

At the moment, I manually add a (EN) or (DE) to the title of the movie to quickly see the audio language. This is not so great as it will be overwritten when you rebuild the library.

I would like to see the languages information in several places, but esp. in the movie details view where the directory, the year etc. is listed.

Maybe this is not so difficult to implement, but as I have not yet modified a skin, could somebody tell me if this can be done by adding the "ListItem.AudioLanguage" InfoLabel to the skin? (However, I would like to see this in the general Confluence version.)

Another feature would be to filter by language to only movies with a certain language.

Thanks!
It is possible but only for the language of the primary audio stream and of course only if the language code is available from the media file. I've modded this for Alaska and Hitcher added it to the official skin. There should still be a thead in the Alaska board where I described my changes.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Are you referring to Confluence as the official skin or this the old PM.3? Because I don't see any option in the default (Confluence) skin for this.

Could you point me to your thread, so I can take a look how much work it really is?

Thanks!
Sorry I meant the official release of Alaska. I have not done any modding for Confluence.
Here is the skin with some screenshots and explanation on how I added the language flags for movies to Alaska: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63402
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display Audio Languages0