New Release: v0.8.1 beta1
Information 
Download v0.8.1-beta1 on Android Market 2010-07-13

Release Notes:
This is mainly a bugfix release. We've decided to put it as beta on Android Market due to several reasons. For once, it seems stable enough for most people, so it shouldn't crash too often anymore and most of the obvious bugs are fixed. Then, the market offers some nice debugging tools (for Froyo), and we'd like to get warmed up with them. And of course publishing makes it easier for people to upgrade.

Don't be too harsh with ratings yet, we'll do our best to keep it the best remote control there is. Wink

Cheers and enjoy!
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Downloaded using Moto Droid from Market.

I get this message when installing:

Installation error, Package file was not signed correctly.

I am installing on top of old version v0.6.3
You'll need to uninstall the old version first. Home screen -> Settings -> Applications -> XBMC Remote -> uninstall.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Great to see it on the market, a nice step forward, congrats! I'll give it a 5 star rating, absolutely.
Installed and rated. 5/5 ofc.
Installed on Desire and rated 5 stars!

Great work... keep it up!

Cook
Projector: Sony VPL HW40-ES -
AMP: Pioneer SC-1224-K
Speaker: Jamo S 628 HCS
Player: HiMedia Player Q5 4K3D

is there a post explaining how to set it up??
i'd love to use it but i can't seem to get it right, not sure if i use my router's ip, the broadband ip, the ip the router assigns my computer?

this: http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem..._and_later

doesn't seem to apply to the enw version as there are a few more options.
jbaruch76 Wrote:is there a post explaining how to set it up??
i'd love to use it but i can't seem to get it right, not sure if i use my router's ip, the broadband ip, the ip the router assigns my computer?

The ip of the computer running xbmc
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
snappz Wrote:The ip of the computer running xbmc

yeah, i actually got it, i just typed the wrong key. but now i constantly get the error "Socket Timeout: Make sure XBMC webserver is enabled and xbmc is running."
im 99% sure both are set correctly, i can see my entire library, just this message pops up every 30 seconds or so. also some of my videos don't show up even though they show up on the http webserver.
Are you connecting from within you LAN or via the mobile internet of your carrier?
sometime i've got the error message, but remote still works...
freezy Wrote:Are you connecting from within you LAN or via the mobile internet of your carrier?

i was connecting w/in my lan, but the error seemed to go away after a bit.
everything seems to be great now, thanks for a great app, i can't wait to see the upgrades coming.
Using last version on DroidX, love it. Will update and rate asap.

Kind of unrelated, but do we have a way to transfer media from phone's SD Card to our XBMC media folders over WLAN? Using the HD camera alot and need to keep everything backed up.
joebrady Wrote:Kind of unrelated, but do we have a way to transfer media from phone's SD Card to our XBMC media folders over WLAN? Using the HD camera alot and need to keep everything backed up.

Not through the remote. I guess there are tools to access smb (or other) shares.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Sweet. I've been so busy so I haven't even noticed that a new release is out. Nice to see it on the market! Keep up the good work!
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Release: v0.8.1 beta11