having trouble connecting via ssh tunnel
first of all, thank you as this is a great application and a great way to interface w/ xbmc. on to my issue:

i wanted to create a host that uses an ssh tunnel so that i could securely connect to my xbmc/htpc when i'm not on my own network. i've been doing something similar w/ the Subsonic (a streaming music server) android app/server using ConnectBot as my ssh shell. i've setup a local port forward for localhost port 8081 (on my Nexus One) to connect to my htpc's port 80. however, i have not been able to connect to my server. i'm bewildered as i have no issues w/ Subsonic.

have any users tried a similar setup?

my network topography consists of a router (running tomato firmware) and multiple computers. i ssh into the router and create the tunnel/port forwards from there.

thanks.
vexingv Wrote:i've setup a local port forward for localhost port 8081 (on my Nexus One) to connect to my htpc's port 80. however, i have not been able to connect to my server.

By default XBMC listens on 8080, not 80. Have you tried using that instead?

Also, it's worth pointing out that the remote uses XBMC's eventserver for some things, notably the Remote Control view, and the volume changing. The eventserver uses UDP, which you can't forward over SSH, so you're going to be missing some functionality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
having trouble connecting via ssh tunnel0