Video playback too wide
Cheers Jonathan,

You lost me a bit with that one Huh - Is this issue still going to be looked into?

Regardless of what standards should have been used where, or what software player is doing what correct/incorrectly, the files are still being stretched too much.

Should I be logging a proper Bug Report for this?
Try r26996
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Due to the recent loss of your forums posts, I thought I'd re-post here to confirm that the issue's been fixed.

Thanks for your efforts with this!

Much appreciated.
Just wondering if this issue was fixed by r26996.

I made the change and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm playing back MPEG-2 DVB-T rips under Music Videos.

Under 'Normal', it shows as 1.82:1 AR. To make it look correct, I had to use Stretched 16:9 mode which gives 1.77:1 AR. The actual video file seems to have the normal 16/9 anamorphic flag on.
Never mind.. I applied the changes against 9.11 and it didn't work.

Compiled and installed trunk and its all good now.
Hi! I think i have the same problem here...
Ive calibrated the overscan in xbmc to perfect match, and set the overscan error accept to 0%, and it looks great in the menus, but as soon i play a video i notice a bit overcan anyway Sad
For ex, in a trailer from the apple plugin so is only half of the apple logo in right bottom corner visible, and if i press pause then the top half of the osd menu "Pause" is cut off.
Ive tried this in 31755 and 31827, and i'm running Win 7 x64.
if you have auto refreshrate on, it may have changed resolution and you must calibrate while playing to correct here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:if you have auto refreshrate on, it may have changed resolution and you must calibrate while playing to correct here.

Thank you, that did the trick!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback too wide0