Sorting playlist by genre and album etc?
i have been playing around with xmc for a while and i notice that there is no function to sort a playlist by genre and album etc etc. is this ever going to be implemented?

also i am curious is there anyway to program teh xbox to switch on at a certain time? i was just thinknig that this would make an excellent alarm clock *cue physco song coming on full blast at 6am in the morning xd*
(rekelon @ nov. 29 2004,12:44 Wrote:is there anyway to program teh xbox to switch on at a certain time? i was just thinknig that this would make an excellent alarm clock *cue physco song coming on full blast at 6am in the morning xd*
no, not with software/code (eg can't ever be done with xbmc)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it seems to me that playlists aren't the way to manage stuff if you are wanting to manage via genre + album/artist etc. why not just manage all your music at once?

a better addition (which would accomplish what you want) is a nice datamining interface to create playlists (similar to smartplaylists in itunes) that autoupdate. (ie the playlist is just a bunch of criteria to describe songs + their order using metadata rather than filenames.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sorting playlist by genre and album etc?0