Overclocking CPU
Greetings all,

As stated in the title, is there any added benefit in terms of running a dedicated XBMC media-center, over-clocking the CPU, anything at all? Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q150 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
It depends on which version of XBMC you are using. With the latest SVN version the major burden has been shifted from the CPU to the graphics card for most video. Assuming that the graphics card is compatible mind you. So in short the answer from that perspective would be no not really.
I always tends to use stable version (my other-half seems to get angry at the word "SVN" and our baby daughter screams for next 2 hrs. if Tigger and Pooh suddenly disappear in the blank screen) - it's v9.11, which I'm using at the moment. Is this version uses GPU at all? Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q150 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
You have a nVidea card and you are using Linux so I would say that the video card is doing most of the work if you have set your XBMC up that way. You can check to see what is the CPU load I seem to recall.

With your mother board and the CPU you have it would be rather easy to overclock the CPU anyway. Your Ram will cope too, so besides the added heat and additional voltage needed you really have nothing to loose I suspect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overclocking CPU0