My issues / ideas
Issues
1) I have a few thumbnails that wont show up in the list but show up fine when you click on the items (can provide the source images)
2) The "Now Playing" screen has problems when you have really long titles for things and they start to over lap the times
3) elupus says tvheadend shares don't display proper because you use filenames not what the list set as title

Ideas
1) Remove the CD cover overlays. I honestly think it would look nicer and more consitant to just have the cover/image with a small border around it (like episodes)
2) In hand with the one above fix the scale of movie covers in now playing so you can see them fully
3) Have a different default media thing for now playing instead of that CD image (who uses cd's these days Smile )
4) Add an option to not download thumbnails (would speed the whole thing right up)
5) Add an option to hide/ignore the actor stuff for everything (would also speed up the whole downloading icons bit)
6) Add some options to go straight to "Files views" for everything in settings (Not everyone uses the library) I personally don't use the music lib and it takes many presses to get to my music
7) Add a "Back to Main" option to the menu button in "every window". It takes a lot of pushing the back button when you can be 6 layers deep in music
8) this is the big one Stick the "Play" Buttons right at the top or right under the media image most of the time I just want to play a movie not read all the info about it and would rather not have to scroll through it all just to play
9) Add a button to the remote to bring up a numeric keypad for fast jumps and SMS type stuff in the file lists
Jezz_X Wrote:7) Add a "Back to Main" option to the menu button in "every window". It takes a lot of pushing the back button when you can be 6 layers deep in music

I think this is already implemented. Long-press the back button.
Issue no 2 and Idea 2, is already in the issue tracker.
Idea no 7 is already there by long press back button.
Idea no 8: You can long press the movie and then click "Play Movie" in the popup menu.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
Will add my issues to Jezz_x's list so as to not create a new thread.

This only happens part of the time, but when it does they either all happen or none of them do.

Movie Ratings all show up as -1.0

Music artists come up with <record> after their name

Not all TV banners load, this one happens even when the other ones don't

All TV seasons except latest come up as Season -1 and don't show thumb. They are also empty if you enter them

If you go to the now playing window when the screensaver is running, it shows the image. This means I can't use the show now playing in notification. I use a picture slideshow as my screensaver.
The response format of the HTTP API is messed up. If you restart the remote everything will be good again. At least for the "<record>" thing and the ratings. Not sure about the others.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Thanks the_alien, so it is actually something with the remote app?

Once XBMC goes to JSON for the web interface this will be something that shouldn't happen then.

The TV show banner thing is something that happens all the time as well, not just occasionally.
Hi,
the remote is great, works very well with xbmc. i've found a few bugs though at the sorting of movies and music:
1. for sorting a movie xbmc now uses the <sorttitle> field of the nfo, not just the title. (for 'live free and die hard' you can write 'die hard 4' in the nfo's sorttitle field, so they appear in the correct order). i think the remote should use the same sorting method.
2. In the actor view mode the actor picture is not displayed, it's only visible on the movie information screen.
3. changing sort method of movies is not working, it always sorts by Title-ascending
4. on the remote control the 'up' key keeps 'getting stuck'.
5. I have the same problem with the -1 ratings and <record> texts, but a restart doesnt fix the '<record>-bug' for me, only the ratings. <record> comes up after music artist name, movie actor name, both movie and music genre, and on the movie information screen after the role of the actor.

some feature ideas:
6. now playing window to appear when playing a trailer
7. a way to change the audio and subtitle language on the phone would be great tooSmile
Please don't make this thread a bugreporting thread. Use our issue tracker on code.google.com to file issues.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:Please don't make this thread a bugreporting thread. Use our issue tracker on code.google.com to file issues.

Indeed my main point of this was just for some ideas and if the devs/other people said OH thats a good one I would submit it to the trac not much point opening 9 feature request tickets there if its just going to get knocked back straight away Wink
Sorry for replying so late, was away the whole weekend and busy at work. Will browse through the tracker later, so forgive me if I tell you to open a ticket and there is already one.

Jezz_X Wrote:Issues
1) I have a few thumbnails that wont show up in the list but show up fine when you click on the items (can provide the source images)
Smells like a bug. Which section are we talking about? Ticket with more info would be great.
Jezz_X Wrote:2) The "Now Playing" screen has problems when you have really long titles for things and they start to over lap the times
I thought we fixed this. Ticket please, screenshot would be great.
Jezz_X Wrote:3) elupus says tvheadend shares don't display proper because you use filenames not what the list set as title
Ticket. I remember having some issues, but I've never filed a ticket afaik.

Jezz_X Wrote:Ideas
1) Remove the CD cover overlays. I honestly think it would look nicer and more consitant to just have the cover/image with a small border around it (like episodes)
We'll see about that. Smile
Jezz_X Wrote:2) In hand with the one above fix the scale of movie covers in now playing so you can see them fully
Yeah the now playing screen is made for CD covers. Will need some more fiddeling with other formats. There is already a ticket for that afaik.
Jezz_X Wrote:3) Have a different default media thing for now playing instead of that CD image (who uses cd's these days Smile )
Be grateful we don't a vinyl mask with only the inner border visible Wink
Jezz_X Wrote:4) Add an option to not download thumbnails (would speed the whole thing right up)
Good point. Ticket please.
Jezz_X Wrote:5) Add an option to hide/ignore the actor stuff for everything (would also speed up the whole downloading icons bit)
Why not. Ticket.
Jezz_X Wrote:6) Add some options to go straight to "Files views" for everything in settings (Not everyone uses the library) I personally don't use the music lib and it takes many presses to get to my music
Good idea. Ticket.
Jezz_X Wrote:7) Add a "Back to Main" option to the menu button in "every window". It takes a lot of pushing the back button when you can be 6 layers deep in music
As someone already mentioned, long-pressing the back button will do that. Maybe a "tips & tricks" or "tip of the day"-something would be adequate.
Jezz_X Wrote:8) this is the big one Stick the "Play" Buttons right at the top or right under the media image most of the time I just want to play a movie not read all the info about it and would rather not have to scroll through it all just to play
Already planned.
Jezz_X Wrote:9) Add a button to the remote to bring up a numeric keypad for fast jumps and SMS type stuff in the file lists
You remember XBMC's keymap command for this?

Thanks for the feedback!
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My issues / ideas0