"Play Using" has disappeared from my video library context menu.
Don't know when this started but for the last few builds I no longer see "Play Using" in my context menu. (currently on SVN 31827)

My playercorefactory.xml is unchanged from when it used to work pre-merge (28275).

The external player is called correctly for the specified filetypes (wmv).

I have also been having some trouble with calling MPC-HC in general. MPC-HC would choke if "hidexbmc" was set to false.

Set to "true" it plays fine, but when MPC-HC closes XBMC remains black until I click the mouse. Using fake fullscreen solves this but I don't really want to use that option unless I have to.

Thanks so much for any help!

Debug shows context menu being called (with "play using" missing), then wmv being played in MPC-HC and black screen on return of XBMC until mouse-click :
http://pastebin.ca/1901563

and here is my playercorefactory:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema (x64)\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
     <args>/close</args>
     <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="wmv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Noticed the same problem.
The last nightly build from the repo that does include "play using" is r31718.

I'm also using MPC-HC as an external player, for virtually all video formats. However, it was great to be able to 'abuse' XBMC's DVDplayer to download subtitles. The new XBMC subtitle add-on works very well!
With the newest builds I wouldn't even know how to select DVDplayer, by default videos are played with MPC-HC (which in itself is fine...).
It doesn't help that the video settings menu now provides the opportunity to choose a default select action. The choices provided do not include "play using". Anyway, having it in the context menu is better imo.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
Verberzerk Wrote:Noticed the same problem.
The last nightly build from the repo that does include "play using" is r31718.

I'm also using MPC-HC as an external player, for virtually all video formats. However, it was great to be able to 'abuse' XBMC's DVDplayer to download subtitles. The new XBMC subtitle add-on works very well!
With the newest builds I wouldn't even know how to select DVDplayer, by default videos are played with MPC-HC (which in itself is fine...).
It doesn't help that the video settings menu now provides the opportunity to choose a default select action. The choices provided do not include "play using". Anyway, having it in the context menu is better imo.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

I can also confirm that the option to 'Play Using' is missing from recent builds. All other apsects from the Playercorefactory works, so I can automatically run MPC-HC for any file with '-ext' in the file name, and use DVDPLAYER for all others. However, I still miss the option to use an external player occasionally just by selecting it.
Just noticed that r31993 will fix the problem.
Thanks to tschi for submitting the ticket and jmarshall for fixing it!
Yup, all fixed now...thanks Jmarshall!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Play Using" has disappeared from my video library context menu.0