Android to Linux wireless file transfer
Wife recently started using Android on new phone (DroidX, 2.1). Looking for ways for her to easily transfer (over wireless LAN) pictures and video to dedicated folders for XBMC to use. (XBMC running on Ubuntu)

Anyone doing this? Comments and suggestions?
from android to htpc or reverse?
Yes, copy from the phones SD Card, to my XBMC HTPC.
hum, should make a share from iphone and point xbmc to it, but i don't think it's doable natively Sad
need a script on xbmc side and a share on android phone.
I don't really need to do it "within" XBMC. I run a full ubuntu desktop behind my XBMC, so any other program that would do the trick would be ok. Also, I dont' want to just play the files from the phone, I actually want to copy them over for back-up purposes, and then have the readily available within XBMC. (A lot of home movies and pics of kids and family)

I can easily pull movies, music or pics onto the phone from the server, but I can't send them to it....
DoubleTwist perhaps? I'll have to try it out.
Open Phone Portal on your Droid - Select connect via wifi and it runs a web server that allows you to download all you pictures / media.
I hoped to use the DLNA app included as it sees the XBMC server but gives me a message that transfer to the server is not supported.Sad
I just use FTP. Download a client on the phone, run the server on the HTPC.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android to Linux wireless file transfer0