[LINUX] Hauppauge NOVA-T USB Remote Problem
Exclamation 
Hi,

As the subject says, I'm having an issue with using the remote supplied with the Hauppauge NOVA-T freeview USB stick with built in IR and I hope someone here can help me.

XBMC seems to register and act on all button presses except for the OK button, so I have to press the enter key to select menu items/play anything.

I'm running Ubuntu server 10.04, with XBMC from the repository and TVheadend for streaming live TV (which works fine). The remote is the 43 button silver an black "Snowboard" remote.

LIRC seems to run OK, but what worries me is if i run "irw" it doesnt show any input, and if i stop the lirc deamon XBMC still responds to the remote.

if i run:

Code:
"sudo irrecord --driver=devinput --device=/dev/input/event5 ~/lircdtest2.conf"

It records the same codes as in /usr/share/lirc/extras/more_remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge_novat500 which is referenced in my lircd.conf

So can anyone help me here? I've spent hours messing around with config files and seem to have got no where at all Eek
Hello,

I've a partial for your issue :
the remote is seen as a keyboard, that's why even without lirc it works.

The bad part, is you can not assign the keys you stroke.
I have french keyboard, and I made a test with xev, and I can see that OK is not recognized, and 1 from the remote is known as &, which is what you have when you press 1 on a french keyboard.
To have 1, you have to press Shift 1 on the keyboard but you can not do shift on the remote.

Am I clear?
These page might help

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ha...ol_support

Mulb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Hauppauge NOVA-T USB Remote Problem0