LIRC doing my head in
Hi guys,

I'm currently configuring an XBMC/MythTV install here and have hit a snag pretty much when it has all but been completed.

My issue is with LIRC passing info from my DVICO Fusion remote to XBMC itself.

I have the remote configured and working with LIRC and can happily use it to control MythTV with full functionality and have about 99% functionality in XBMC!

The 1% I'm missing in XBMC is a pretty big 1% in that I cannot select anything with my remote. I can navigate fine, pull up menu's do pretty much everything except for actually selecting an option with the 'OK' button. To get this functionality I instead have to hit enter on the keyboard!

I have configured LIRC in two ways to try and get it to work:

(1) Use keymap.xml and lircmap.xml

(2) Use irexec as a daemon and get it to shoot keyboard equivalents to XBMC with a correctly configured .lircrc file

I have also tried configuring my 'OK' button to be either 'enter' or 'return' but neither works and everything else does.

I've spent hours trawling through Google looking for answers but have come up emply. If anyone can help it'd be great to hear from you.

Cheers,

Fezla

P.S. I'm running XBMC 9.11 on an Arch Linux install.
fezla Wrote:The 1% I'm missing in XBMC is a pretty big 1% in that I cannot select anything with my remote. I can navigate fine, pull up menu's do pretty much everything except for actually selecting an option with the 'OK' button. To get this functionality I instead have to hit enter on the keyboard!
Maybe you are looking for <select></select> in Lircmap.xml, that is the same as enter on the keyboard.
I had the same thing happen to me after a recent upgrade. For some reason I had two "<select></select>" entry's in my lircmap.xml.
Thanks for the advice guys but thankfully I've managed to get it fixed.

Upon reflection it was a problem I also experienced while running XBMC on Windoze and I fixed it then as well but I had just forgotten how.

For some strange reason in my setup the "Select" and "Enter" XBMC built in events do not work.

I turned on level 1 debugging, tail -f the xbmc.log and found that XBMC was registering the "OnKey" event ok but it was actioning it as some obscure "Action" number (135 from memory).

I then did the same command (select) I was trying to get working on the remote with the keyboard and found it was using an "Action" number of 7.

Turns out that "Action" number 7 is actually for the inbuilt event of "Ok".

I then changed my config to throw "Ok" at XBMC and voila.

Pain in the ass little niggle to get fixed, particularly since I couldn't find the "Ok" event documented anywhere and in frustration just tried it and found it to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC doing my head in0