Arc for XBMC an iPhone gestural remote
I usually use my xbox 360 controller with my XBMC box but I recently got an iPhone. Most of the apps have buttons and I wanted to swipe and tap to navigate without looking at my iPhone. As a result, I decided to make my own app. I have a large media collection so I spent a lot of time tweaking it to efficiently navigate through large folder listings. It takes a little bit to get the hang of but once you get a feel for the navigation method you can very quickly navigate through tons of media without having to look down at your iPhone. Also, you can turn your phone sideways and control the mouse with your finger. In mouse mode the iphone basically mimics the trackpad on a macbook. The app is called Arc for XBMC

Image Image

I also really like using restaurant apps that randomly select a restaurant for you. Just for kicks, I added a slot machine mode. You shake your phone and it will run your media through a little slot machine and pick something at random. I’ve actually started using this mode a lot and I’ve ended up enjoying some media I would not have normally watched *cough* Family Ties *cough*. It also includes a nice classic xbox remote mode for those of you that feeling nostalgic.

Image Image

It’s mainly for people looking for a good gestural remote app but if you guys also feel like a library browser mode would be cool, I can put that in there too.

Here is the feature list from the store:
Arc for XBMC is a remote control for XBMC featuring three advanced remote views:

-A gestural remote view allowing the use of finger swipes, flicks, and taps to control everything from fast forwarding to toggling the context menu
-A multi-touch trackpad view which allows gestures using up to 3 fingers at once. This is similar to the cursor control on most laptops.
-A standard remote view laid out like an Xbox DVD remote

Other Features:

-Use your iPhone’s keyboard for text entry
-Take a screenshot of the media you’re playing and without exiting the app: Post it directly to Twitter using Arc’s Twitter integration, Email it to a friend, Save it to your iPhone
-Can’t decide what to watch? Use the Media Picker, a slot machine style view where Arc makes the choice for you with a shake of your phone. Want to watch something from a specific genre or with a specific actor? Lock it in before shaking!
-Auto-Lock options which prevent the phone from locking during media playback
-Volume control slider in the gestural view (non pass through audio only)

You can checkout more info at: http://twogear.com/arc/
You can find it on the Download it on the iTunes store

I wanted to make a really good gestural remote and I had a fun time making the app with a friend of mine. If you guys have any suggestions or feature requests, I would be more then happy to put them in the app. You can post in this thread, email [email protected], use our contact form, or post on our forums

Cool I've read these forums many times and have always found them immensely helpful so I'd like to give out some free copies of the app. PM me and I'll send you a free app code.
There are 8 copies remaining. Currently these codes will only work in the US app store, sorry.

Also, if any xbmc developers, skinners, or forum admins want a free code just pm me saying you are a dev and i'll send you a code.
PM sent Wink

Looks like a great app!!!!

Thx, LoL!
PM me when you decide to contribute to project, skins and forum guys by giving them free remote. Yeah, you can call me grumpy bastard user.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:PM me when you decide to contribute to project, skins and forum guys by giving them free remote. Yeah, you can call me grumpy bastard user.

Thats a good idea. If you are a dev, skinner, or forum admin and you have an iphone, just fire me a PM with a message saying you're a dev and I'll send you a free code.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arc for XBMC an iPhone gestural remote0