Set Games Path To Launcher Plugin
Hi everyone, I recently come accross an excellent frontend for all your games (on PC) called Hyperspin. You can launch any emulator game or standalone PC application from it's simple to use interface. Now this works great with the launcher plugin but does anyone know how I could get the GAMES button on the Transparency! home screen to directly go to the launcher plugin? I guess it's done in the Includes_home.xml but after playing about with it I'm not sure what I'm doing!

Also, I used to have my Movies button take me to the Genre/title/year/actor/director/studio selection screen but can't remember how to do that either and I recently had to reinstall xbmc so lost all my settings.

I've been searching the forums for days now and I'm fairly sure this info is there somewhere but I can't find it so any help will be much appreciated - cheers.
the easiest way is to add both items to your favourites,
then open the favourites.xml file in the userdata directory.

you'll find the correct path to those items in that file.

for the rest:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=411326&postcount=7
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sorry my interet has been down for the past couple of days so only just got your reply. Thanks for that I'll give it a go. Also, do you know if Transparency! supports "season specials" episodes? I did create a new post but think it got deleted, can't find it now. I'll try changing the folder name to season 0 and see if that works...
season specials is handled by xbmc, skin has no influence on it.
so yes T! and every other skin will show season specials.

naming convention can be found in the wiki.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie, thanks so much for all your help and also for making this excellent skin. The autolaunch of Hyperspin when "Games" is clicked is working great, however I cannot seem to get the Movies to come up in the genre/title etc. list. I added the directory to my favourites and this is what I got...

<favourite name="Movies" thumb="DefaultMovies.png">ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://1/2/)</favourite>

The confusion is what line in the Includes_Home.xml should I be replacing with "ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://1/2/"? I just want to go directly to this location when "Movies" is clicked from the main menu but I have tried many different lines without success!

I'm sure I'm being really stupid (last time I done this I'm sure I just had to add "1/2/" to a line in the xml somewhere but I can't find where to put it). Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
if you want a link to, let's say, movie genres, you'd use something like:
Code:
ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieGenres)

other shortcuts are found on this wiki page:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs
Can anyone give me a very good example of how to set xbmc up to launch Hyperspin. I have looked and tried many of the ideas on here. I cant even get the launcher to work correctly. I am using Aeon skin with showmix 2.5 release. Any help would be great.
shumardw Wrote:Can anyone give me a very good example of how to set xbmc up to launch Hyperspin. I have looked and tried many of the ideas on here. I cant even get the launcher to work correctly. I am using Aeon skin with showmix 2.5 release. Any help would be great.

Aeon support is three doors down the hall on your left.
shumardw Wrote:Can anyone give me a very good example of how to set xbmc up to launch Hyperspin. I have looked and tried many of the ideas on here. I cant even get the launcher to work correctly. I am using Aeon skin with showmix 2.5 release. Any help would be great.

If it helps, I've got it working flawlessly on my system which is set up on Transparency! (ver 2.11). Oh and this is on xbmc version 9.11 rev 26017.

Install the launcher to /User/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/Plugins/Programs (I changed my launcher folder to "Games" instead of "launcher", it was for testing purposes only but never got to change it back so you can keep it as launcher if you want but will have to change some settings later).

Setup launcher to open Hyperspin as a standalone PC application.

In /XBMC/Skin/Transparency!/720/ open the file "Includes_Home.xml" in notepad. Now search for the text item id="15". It should be the one which refers to emulators - change the code to the following:

- <item id="15">
<label>Games</label>
<onclick>RunPlugin(plugin://programs/Games/?Games)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/images/backgrounds/emulators.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Emulators_Folder)]</thumb>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(EmulatorsInHome)</visible>
</item>

If you kept the launcher plugin name as launcher then you will have to edit the RunPlugin section to the appropriate name. If you struggle with this then add it to your favourites and it will show you the path in your favourites.xml file.

Make sure you enable "emulators" and disable "games" in your skin settings, it will show up as "Games" on the home menu with the new settings applied. I originally tried to edit the "Games" section of the code but couldn't get it working but editing the "Emulators" section seemed to work fine.

Oh and one other thing - this is working when the skin settings are set to horizontal menu and not vertical. I think there are other sections of code that would need to be changed if you want to use it with the vertiical menu.

Hope that helps, sorry for the delay in replying but I've been away for a while.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Games Path To Launcher Plugin0