• 60(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
hi to all,
i can't do the green MCE Button to launch Xbmc with my Harmony remote.
sometimes it works and when i reboot the pc it's not.
i use autohotkey with superGsb script under win7 x86.
i think the script do not load at boot.
have you experienced this before Huh
have you find a solution ?
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a Logitech Harmony Touch.

I'm a bit lost about "adding a device" menu in MyHarmony software:
Quote:(5) Now let’s get to the configuration of the MC profile
Start the Logitech Harmony Remote Software. In the devices tab, click ‘Add Device’
Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “Windows Media Center”

This no longer works. You have now to type directly the manufacturer. so, for Kodi, I choose Microsoft, then XBMC. Is it right? Or do i have to select Media center Edition or something else? I'm a bit confused...

Thanks for your help.
(2015-03-08, 16:06)Mydriaze Wrote: Hello everyone, I recently purchased a Logitech Harmony Touch.

I'm a bit lost about "adding a device" menu in MyHarmony software:
Quote:(5) Now let’s get to the configuration of the MC profile
Start the Logitech Harmony Remote Software. In the devices tab, click ‘Add Device’
Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “Windows Media Center”

This no longer works. You have now to type directly the manufacturer. so, for Kodi, I choose Microsoft, then XBMC. Is it right? Or do i have to select Media center Edition or something else? I'm a bit confused...

Thanks for your help.

Manufacturer: Microsoft
Product: MCE Keyboard
(2014-10-13, 16:15)toutoune290 Wrote: hi to all,
i can't do the green MCE Button to launch Xbmc with my Harmony remote.
sometimes it works and when i reboot the pc it's not.
i use autohotkey with superGsb script under win7 x86.
i think the script do not load at boot.
have you experienced this before Huh
have you find a solution ?

Pin Kodi to the taskbar then use Win+1 (where 1 is taskbar position) to launch after the activity starts
What are the benefits? I would like to understand please Smile Why XBMC profile is not the most appropriate?
After noticing the images in this thread had gone past due, I went through the process of creating my own up-to-date version of this guide:

HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi.

It includes many topics not touched-upon here.
Thanks, I will have a look. Especially to understand the point of the "keyboard" profile, i'm still a bit lost about it.
thank you for the post, this helped me tremendously when I programmed my Harmony 650 Smile
Hi,

I cant get my Harmony remote to talk to my computer. I use Logitech Smart Control Hub along with the remote that came with it. The hub is connected to my PC via USB.

Under devices I have added my TV and Media Center SE and MCE Keyboard. Ive created an activity which includes all 3 devices so when I press the TV button on the remote it turns on my TV and switches to HDMI 1 *(ive told it that it doesnt need to switch inputs, but it tries to anyway so I dunno)

After adding that activity the TV turns on fine however any PC related commands do not work. Ive tried mapping the buttons individually through buttons --> remote buttons menu but it didnt help. So for example I click my activity (watch tv) press next select the down arrow select SE as the device, click direction down, select both (short and long press) and then click OK. I go into kodi, click the down arrow on the remote and nothing. Ive also tried selecting MCE Keyboard as well however that didnt work either.

Is there something Im missing? Was adding my TV a mistake since the first post doesnt really mention ithowever I would also like to be able to turn my TV on and off.

Also how is the computer communicating with my PC? Through the hub? or does it use the IR Reciever?

Thanks for the help.
UPDATE: Ok, I figured out how to fire Win+1 when the activity starts. Yay. Now I lost my remote button functionality... so I'm off to solve that. Smile

I have two activities defined:

Watch TV - This loads WMC
Watch Kodi - I would like this to load Kodi

I am using an HP media center IR receiver. I am using the old Harmony software 7.7.0 to configure my remote.

Everything works fine with my Harmony One provided I have Kodi open. My remote control gives me nearly all the buttons I need. The part I'm struggling with is... how do I get my activity to launch Kodi? Ideally, I would hit the "Watch Kodi" button and it would load up Kodi, no additional button presses needed. Additionally, if I hit "Watch TV" with Kodi open, I would expect the HTPC to flip over to WMC.

I do have Kodi pinned to the taskbar in the #1 spot.

Thank you!
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/r...art_Button
hi all.

does enybody know how to make alt+p (turns on my pc)

And how to shut down pc in win 10?

i use a vrc-1100 ir Smile

Thanks.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13