• 4(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
dave77 Wrote:You don't need a sequence to exit XBMC, you can call the XBMC.ShutDown command. Take a look at this post http://www.avforums.com/forums/12563042-post598.html

Have you got this working? i cant get it to work, got my harmony working fine except this, this would just top it off. Even if i press the F1-F10 keys on the keyboard none of those commands work. I even tried mapping it to another unused key, and tried pressing that button on the keyboard, nothing happens. Ive overwritten the keyboard.xml in program files\xbmc\system as well. Dont know why its not working.

Edit: Typically 5 minutes after i post this i figure it out.. Also need to replace the keyboard.xml in the keymap folder too!
Mallet21 Wrote:This was on page 3:

Yeah I tried that but it's still not perfect, for example when you scroll through a list (movies, tv-shows etc) and hold the arrow buttons down and then take the finger off it it takes like a second before it reacts and scrolls down too much because of that.

Not a huge problem but can probably be fixed by better delay settings.
garvani Wrote:Have you got this working? i cant get it to work, got my harmony working fine except this, this would just top it off. Even if i press the F1-F10 keys on the keyboard none of those commands work. I even tried mapping it to another unused key, and tried pressing that button on the keyboard, nothing happens. Ive overwritten the keyboard.xml in program files\xbmc\system as well. Dont know why its not working.

Edit: Typically 5 minutes after i post this i figure it out.. Also need to replace the keyboard.xml in the keymap folder too!

My one discovery is that you don't need to replace the entire keymap folder. Just create entries for your specified changes.
garvani Wrote:Edit: Typically 5 minutes after i post this i figure it out.. Also need to replace the keyboard.xml in the keymap folder too!

You shouldn't need to do that, I think it will get over-written when you update xbmc, I just copied it to the userdata folder and added the new buttons
dave77 Wrote:you don't need a sequence to exit xbmc, you can call the xbmc.shutdown command. Take a look at this post http://www.avforums.com/forums/12563042-post598.html

this is a useful post too to ensure xbmc is launched instead of wmc
http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote

awesome! Thanx man!
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
I'm going to ask a potentially really stupid question... Will I have to change anything in Linux to get this to work?
I ask because I have struggled for months to get ANY remote to work with the inbuilt IR receiver in my ASRock ION 330ht. I have tried and changed a million things in Linux and nothing has worked..

So if I buy this IR receiver you link to, and plug it in, it should just work (given I've followed your guide)?
ok, in the spirit of things I'm going to ask another potentially stupid question :-)

I'm currently using an old mce remote mapped through event ghost. It was super easy to set up, I didn't need to play with the keymap.xml file.

It is only used to control xbmc, and from what I can tell i have access to all functionality (e.g. codec view, subtile on off etc). There is no lag between keypress and action, from what I can tell.

Having been mistreated for the last few years the remote is in a bad shape and I have been thinking of replacing it with a harmony 300.

However looking at all the posting in this thread, i get a feeling that the harmony is rather hard to set up with xbmc? or am I missing something here?

Is it better I get another mce remote off ebay? All comments appreciated :-)
Harmony is super easy and super flexible. If you use mce remote now all you have to do is set your harmony device software to mce remote and it will function exactly the same with no effort at all.
is that the recomended way to use a harmony remote? i.e.will I be missing on some functionality if i put it in mce mode?
You wont lose any functionality if you set the harmony to "MCE Keyboard", but you might get some lag with the key presses.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
You will be gaining functionality as you can use more than one device in an activity. Download the harmony SW from logitech and try it out, should be more apparent how it works then. You don't need the remote to have use the software.
I just got my Harmony Remote in the mail last night and was wanting to setup things correctly for XBMC, and looks like the OP's pictures aren't visible anymore.

Can anyone in the know write out the description for what he was doing on those activity screens?
Hey, guess there's a problem with my hoster. Let me see if I can find and reupload the pics. Sorry...
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
vanOert Wrote:Hey, guess there's a problem with my hoster. Let me see if I can find and reupload the pics. Sorry...

Thank you, Please add the pictures again, or make a PDF file and upload it, so that we can follow.
vanOert Wrote:Hey, guess there's a problem with my hoster. Let me see if I can find and reupload the pics. Sorry...

Hey I have a receiver that should be arriving in the next day or 2. Could you possibly upload the pics to Photobucket or type out the steps in the original post while you look for a new host?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13