• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
For Windows 7, thats affirmative. Unfortunately, I have no other OS running on any machine around here to check Undecided
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
I found XBMC under Computer > Media Center PC > Zelfbouw > XBMC and it seems to work great.

I'm having a separate problem where the arrow keys seem to 'stick' and don't repeat properly. However, this appears to be a problem with the receiver and not with the harmony codes (it also happens when using "Windows Media Center", "MCE keyboard" Harmony devices.)
Thanks for the great post, I do have one question though.

Where did you find that entertainment set up? You Tv stand and the bookshelfs, I've been looking for something similar. Haha thanks againSmile
vanOert Wrote:I bought one of these (this is the exact offer I purchased):

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...K:MEWNX:IT

Took the standard shipping option and used paypal.
Also says 10+ days. That's an enormous exaggeration. :-)

Be aware that your 525 only supports up to 5 devices. I'm currently looking for a Profile with Keyboard actions and Media Keys, so we only have to use one. Maybe i'll drop Logitech a call tomorrow. Will report back.

I ordered one as well Big Grin
seanponder Wrote:Thanks for the great post, I do have one question though.

Where did you find that entertainment set up? You Tv stand and the bookshelfs, I've been looking for something similar. Haha thanks againSmile

The book shelfs are actually cd-shelfs called Benno from Ikea. The TV bench is a 120cm Besta bench with some aluminum feet and no back cover. The TV is mounted to the wall with a ~20€ 200x200 Vesa mounting Kit from Amazon. Total cost of the setup minus the devices and media is:

Benno: 19€ x 3
Besta Bench: 55€
Feet: ~ 15-20€ for 6, you'll only need 5.
Billy Book Shelf: 29€
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
Awesome thread!

Now I have to buy myself a Harmony Smile
I set up my harmony 880 using these steps. Seems to be working ok except when I launch XBMC and hit arrow up or down, it starts to go crazy and goes up-down-up-down really fast and I can't even get the program to exit. I have the same problem with windows media center. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am using the IR receiver built in to my Antec Fusion Black.
Sorry it took so long guys, here is my current button layout for reference, comments and suggestions are appreciated. I will add this to one of my first posts as soon as you've had your go.

durkastan Wrote:I set up my harmony 880 using these steps. Seems to be working ok except when I launch XBMC and hit arrow up or down, it starts to go crazy and goes up-down-up-down really fast and I can't even get the program to exit. I have the same problem with windows media center. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am using the IR receiver built in to my Antec Fusion Black.

Definitely strange behaviour. Seems like either the Harmony sends way too many keystrokes or the IR receiver has some trouble. Can you try another device with the same profile? Some laptops do have built-in IR-ports, just check out if direction buttons work fine.
vanOert Wrote:Sorry it took so long guys, here is my current button layout for reference, comments and suggestions are appreciated. I will add this to one of my first posts as soon as you've had your go.

Great thread! thanks very much for doing this. I'm ordering this RC6 receiver that BradP mentioned:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Media-Cent...1530wt_911

I'm using Win7 64-bit Home Premium. Do you or anybody have any advice for this? will it work out of the box like the HP receiver?
bodhi Wrote:Great thread! thanks very much for doing this. I'm ordering this RC6 receiver that BradP mentioned:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Media-Cent...1530wt_911

I'm using Win7 64-bit Home Premium. Do you or anybody have any advice for this? will it work out of the box like the HP receiver?

Yeah I think so.
Thanks for the tutorial,very good job.

I have the same problem with Harmony that Rauch101, lag. I've changed the delays and retries following the instructions that gswarriorfan posted in page 3 with very little improvement.

Something is not working properly in the Harmony because I have another remote (that came with the receiver) that have appreciably less lag (with the mouse I have no lag at all). I have observed that when I use this remote the red light in the receiver flash for very short period but when I use the Harmony the flash is longer. I think that, for some reason, the Harmony send more info that the other remote and this is the origin of the lag problem.

To test the lag I use the "Video-Library Movie" section of XBMC in "Poster Wrap" view, when I press the "Direction left" key to pass the next poster of the next movie I can perceive the lag.

Regards
It's weird... All of the MCE Remote commands are working just fine, but I can't get MCE Keyboard to do anything. I have a Harmony One, and would like to setup a subtitle toggle in the additional buttons menu, but in order for me to do that I have to have the MCE Keyboard working, the subtitle option for the MCE Remote doesn't do anything. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Those special keys are not mapped in XBMC to the ones WMC uses. Have a look at the keyboard.xml to figure it out.
vanOert Wrote:Sorry it took so long guys, here is my current button layout for reference, comments and suggestions are appreciated. I will add this to one of my first posts as soon as you've had your go.

These mappings are great! I got it work perfectly the first try. Really appreciate the instruction. The receiver is Philips OVU4003/00 bought from EBay (Hong Kong seller from Brad P's link).

One thing I could not figure out is: I've set my Win 7 Home Premium PC Power Control to Sleep/Wake-up (i.e. press power to toggle the PC in/out of Sleep state). Somehow neither the MCE Remote or Keyboard sends the Power Toggle command at all. I switched the Harmony to devices mode, and use the soft button to send MCE Keyboard Power Toggle, and it works correctly. Do I need to do anything to make the Harmony sends this Power Toggle in the activity (it should) ?

Updated: The reason was both MCE Keyboard and Remote Power control option were default to "The device has no power control button". I've changed it to the option "Turn off when not in use" and it worked! It's a strange default, I guess because people usually leave their HTPC on all the time?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13