Keyboard.xml problem (two key with same code)
hello, i want use the top numeric keys in my french (azerty) keyboard (not numpad keys) but the "3" and "4" key has the same code.

Quote:SDLKeyboard: scancode: 4, sym: 51, unicode: 34, modifier: 0
CApplication::OnKey: 61678 pressed, action is
SDLKeyboard: scancode: 5, sym: 52, unicode: 39, modifier: 0
CApplication::OnKey: 61678 pressed, action is

how to map this key please ?
Hmm, this is an odd one. I can see what is happening but I'm not sure why it happens.

The sym values are correct, 51 is '3' and 52 is '4', but the UNICODE values are different. UNICODE 34 is " and 39 is '. I note the AZERTY 3 key also has " and # on it and the 4 key has ' and {, so the UNICODE value is picking up the modified key.

For some reason the code in KeyboardStat.cpp converts both " and ' UNICODE keys to vkey 0xEE, which is what you're seeing in the log (61678 is 0xF0EE; the high bit indicates it's a keyboard press).

You don't say what operating system you're using. If it's Windows the ToUnicode call must be returning the wrong UNICODE values. I don't know the Linux key handling well enough to know where the problem might be in Linux.

JR
yes the 3 key and 4 key send " and ' without mod key.

my gyration remote send this key when i press number key.

i'm on win7 x64

is there an option for take the sym value in keyboard.xml ?
GMib Wrote:my gyration remote send this key when i press number key.

Ah, is this just a problem with the remote? Do the keys work normally when you use the keyboard?

JR
the remote sends the same key as the keyboard.

if i press 3 or 4 on keyboard or if i press 3 or 4 on remote, i've the same problem.

i can't remap the remote because if i do that, my rf keyboard is remap too ;( (remote and rf keyboard use the same hid)

resume :

all "3" key (on my desktop keyboard, rf keyboard and remote) are the same code that "4" key.

sorry for my bad english Wink
What operating system are you using and which version of XBMC?

JR
GMib Wrote:i'm on win7 x64

i use XBMC Beta3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard.xml problem (two key with same code)0