"Seeking" OSD Stuck on!!
Okay, not as simple as that.

I am trying your instructions again and get to the second point and then receive this error
Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ wget http://uk.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/256.35/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

-bash: wget: command not found

What's wrong now!?
Just did
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wget

and I have been able to continue. Fingers crossed no more problems Nod
And it works! Multi Channel PCM sound, and no "Seeking" OSD. Thank you guys.

now all I need to do is sort out the additional frame rate options again, and I think I'll have the "perfect" set up.
good news !
Nice. May i suggest you use a program called clonezilla to back up your install. That way if anything happens in the future to cock it up, you can just reinstall from an image backup.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Frame Rates sorted, now all I'm playing with is different skins (that's a learning curve in itself!)

Many thanks to all the helpers here especially harryzimm, who has been a great help.

I'll check out Clonezilla, I may be back for help on that!
I also encountered the issue of the stuck seeking dialog in Dharma 3 (10.0-beta3 r34731 on Ubuntu 8.04).

I was able to fix/hack this in the following manner:

In the skin file DialogSeekBar.xml (for example: ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.pm3-hd/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml), I changed this line:

<visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

to

<visible>Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

If I switch to another skin, the issue comes back, but the issue can be fixed in the same manner in any skin, since they all have their own version of that XML file.

So, either the defect/bug here is that 'Player.Seeking' shouldn't be in that tag, or more likely the problem could be that 'Player.Seeking' is stuck with a 'true' value permanently.

According to the skin documentation (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...FullScreen.xml) 'Player.Seeking' should only return true if a seek is in progress. So the xml for the skins seems to follow the spec.

This was pretty much driving me nuts, so I'm happy I was able to find a workaround. Hopefully the XBMC team will fix the real bug soon.

I posted this reply on the other thread related to this issue as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Seeking" OSD Stuck on!!0