Compiling and Splash screen Timing question
I've downloaded the SVN Package and I'm using Tortise to download the package. I've made the update to the splash.cpp file for the ull screen, I just need to recompile it back to an exe file, I'm using VC++ on Windows 7 64bit would anyone be able to shed some light on this, How would I recompile? :confused2:

Plus, I don't believe it's in the same file, but if I wanted to extend the appearance of the splash screen image before it goes into the application, does anyone know what file is responsible for those properties?

Thanks.

Matt Wink
Where ma programmers at?

Or did I ask an incredibly complex question? Smile
Wait at least 24hrs before bumping your thread. That allows folks from all around the world to see your question.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
And read the wiki - it's clearly detailed in there.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome, so I was able to create the executable, (that additional info at the bottom really helped) Smile. Full screen is working now, awesome.

I suppose the last question is "does anyone know which file is responsible for the timing of the splash screen?

Much thanks
Matt
I suppose the code is something like "cin.get();" to properly pause the screen, but I'm not sure where to place that in the splash.cpp file, or if another file is responsible for that.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt.
Any developers out there able to shed some light on this?
why would you want the delay the boot/load time?

most folks want to boot/load as fast as possible

-=jason=-
Thanks for the reply,

I have a custom splash screen, and I would like to have to have it on for at least 5 seconds before it goes into the application, that's all.

Matt
Anyone done this before? Or knows how to do it?
Hmmm...
Flomaster Wrote:why would you want the delay the boot/load time?

most folks want to boot/load as fast as possible

-=jason=-

Jason,

I know I'm not the only one that's interested in this time delay on the boot screen. Not too long ago there were posts regarding Alternate Images other than the default XBMC Logo on the front...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66674&page=4

now ask yourself, why would one put work in making an alternate boot screen if you can only see it for one second? We have developers that are able to code this application on the fly, and not one person can offer any assistance in this other than the fact of "why I want to do this?"

I can be the one that's causing a riot on this, but I know once someone has the decency to help another person out, people will be snatching up the code and using it themselves.

Matt.
Really? Anyone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling and Splash screen Timing question1