• 29(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
Now it's a permissions problem. The SMB user (or guest, if you're not logging in as a user) is not able to access the file:

Code:
09:25:44 T:3029333056    INFO: SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://PAOLOMAC/Pictures/Iphoto%20Library.photolibrary/Masters/2015/10/20/20151020-135533/VID_20150929_214250.mp4'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
Yeh I saw that in yhe log, but why is it showing the pictures and not showing the mp4 files? They are in the same environment.
I couldn't tell you. You'll need to look at the permissions for the file in question and see how they differ from the permissions on the image files.
Hi. THE permission thing die iT! Changed all with Forklift, now all are playing. Thanks!
Don't know what Forklift is, but glad it's working for ya lol
Hello,
I set Kodi on mac os x 10.7.5.
then I installed your addon.
pointed the path to an empty iphoto library.
all is well, the addon has loaded an empty library and showed the desired library folder.
but when I added photos in the iphoto library that the addon has reported an error.
disappeared all previously appeared on the folder.
This happens when you copy photos to the library and not copying.
Mac os x and Kodi are installed on the same hard drive.
What to do?
I would need to see your debug log after a library import.
Okay, I'll get the file.
Where you send the file?
Anywhere I can get to it, such as pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com
Hello,
The problem is solved.
It was necessary to rename the iphoto library.
The library should be named "IPHOTO LIBRARY".
Maybe the problem was with Cyrillic in the name of the library.
Now everything is working.

Thanks to the author for the add-on.
Hello, everybody,

i have since one week a MacMini and was happy to finally be able to test the plugin.

The Mac runs high sierra.

The photo library is on my NAS.

Both Mac and Kodi have access to the NAS via an SMB mount.

The library is under Kodi in the following directory: /mnt/myNas/Mediathek/myLibrary

This directory has the following subdirectories:
  • Attachments
  • database
  • masters
  • private
  • resources

Kodi runs under Ubuntu 16.04.5 in version 18.0 Beta2

In the configuration of iPhoto I specified "/mnt/myNas/Mediathek/myNas" as path to the library.

When starting iPhoto I get the following in the log:
Code:
17:59:14.140 T:140080193902336   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
17:59:14.140 T:140080193902336   ERROR:   File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.iphoto/addon.py", line 938, in <module>
17:59:14.140 T:140080193902336   ERROR:     action_result = iphoto.import_library()
17:59:14.140 T:140080193902336   ERROR:   File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.iphoto/addon.py", line 357, in import_library
17:59:14.140 T:140080193902336   ERROR:     raise e
17:59:14.140 T:140080193902336   ERROR: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/kodi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.image.iphoto/iphoto.xml'
Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Many greetings
Marc
(2018-09-27, 18:23)26196008 Wrote: Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
First, I doubt this plugin works anymore. Second, if you're on MacOS HS, you're probably using Photos, not iPhoto. These are different applications.  There's another plugin for Photos but it's not working either (on Kodi v17) as far as I can tell.  (Which is why I'm subscribed to these two threads.)  Your (and our) best bet seems to use (or get) an Apple TV 4.  Then Photos can be accessed through iTunes Home Sharing.
Surprisingly, the plugin does in fact still work.  It may not on Kodi 18 (I'll look at it when I get around to updating to 18).

The real caveat is that it still is for iPhoto, which Apple doesn't support anymore.  Since I never used iPhoto nor Photos.app for photo editing (just cataloging), I just keep the old iPhoto around specifically for this plugin.  It's a little annoying having to import into iPhoto at the end of my workflow and rate the photos etc there as well, but it's not too bad and achieves the end effect that I'm looking for (photos cataloged in a way that makes sense on a 10-foot interface).

I'd honestly like to find a more general photo cataloging plugin for Kodi that just relies on EXIF information and a directory structure, but I haven't yet found any that work exactly as I want.  If I ever get enough time to do so, I may write one, but my real job has me so very busy these days.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1