• 10(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
Thank you, jingai, for the work you've put in this plug-in. I really feel like it has the potential to truly enrich my life.

One thing standing in the way of that....is how when i click on a picture in any of my albums, it automatically jumps into a slideshow. Not only that, but I have no control over the slideshow other than to exit it. I would expect the normal behavior to be to enlarge the picture and let the user be able to thumb through the album in this view - similar to the behavior that a folder that I added outside of the iPhoto plug-in follows.

I hope all that was clear, because it begs the question: Is there a way to turn off this automatic slideshow feature?
(2012-08-02, 05:15)Neo... Wrote: Thank you, jingai, for the work you've put in this plug-in. I really feel like it has the potential to truly enrich my life.

One thing standing in the way of that....is how when i click on a picture in any of my albums, it automatically jumps into a slideshow. Not only that, but I have no control over the slideshow other than to exit it. I would expect the normal behavior to be to enlarge the picture and let the user be able to thumb through the album in this view - similar to the behavior that a folder that I added outside of the iPhoto plug-in follows.

On my machines, when I select an image with the enter key, it shows it full screen and stays on that image until I cursor left or right to select the previous or next image, which sounds like what you want. As far as I can remember, it's always worked this way for me.

What happens when you select an image to display is entirely up to XBMC though, not my addon. I'm using a fairly recent nightly build of XBMC, so what I see could possibly be different from what you're seeing. What version of XBMC are you using?
First of all thanks for this great tool.

I am using it since a few monthes and it works perfect for my needs.

Now I have upgraded my Mac Mini to the latest OS version "Moutain Lion" and it seems that since this time Iphoto is also a new version "iPhoto 11 Version 9.3 (650.39)" and also the database location or structure has changed.
Since this time I canot use the plugin, always I just get the message that the plugin datbase is corrupted.

Any help available?
I'd need to see your debug log to see what's going wrong.

I have Mountain Lion on one of my machines here and it's working for me, for what it's worth.
Sorry for delay in my answer.
The problem is solved ! I did complete uninstall of XBMC and install complete new.
After this, the iPhoto Plugin runs perfect again.

Thanks
Glad to hear it's working again for you, but if it happens in the future, I'd really like to see a debug log. It's entirely possible I'm not correctly handling some error condition that perhaps you only encounter on Mountain Lion.
just read 15 pages and still dont know whats going on lol

i have iphoto on imac
i have share my photos turned on

i have xbmc on appleTV
on atv i have:
settings-iphoto
path to photo library

in there i have:
path to iphoto library
/var/mobile
*home folder
*network file system
*upnp devices
*windows network
*zeroconf browser

am i supposed to do something here?

if i exit all that and go into picture addons/iphoto
open events
failed to initialize your iphoto database
please reimport your iphoto library

i press ok
choose <<update library>>
delete iphoto addon database?
addon database is corrupt
deleting it will not harm your iphoto library
you will need to rescan after this
yes

and im back to where i started with it still not working
am i supposed to do something else?

appologies for being a total n00b!!!
so as a test
i also have xbmc on my imac
installed the plugin found the correct path this time
users/username/pictures/iphotolibrary
i cant find that path on appletv as its not looking on my imac its looking on the atv file system
and theres nothing anywhere in post1 telling me how to access my imac's file system from appleTV
anyway its all pointless as it doesnt work on xmbc on my imac either
same probs database corrupt over and over again

and someone from athens/greece tried to hack my google account this morning after posting the above post
coincidence?
For your AppleTV, you need to share out the "iPhoto Library" folder from your iMac. Then choose "Windows Network" (assuming you shared it out via SMB) when it asks you where the library is.

But I'd like to get it working on your iMac first. For starters, please read the included documentation for the addon either at the bottom of this page or in the context menu of the addon itself (press C while in the addon and select View Documentation).

To solve your problem I will need your debug log from XBMC. You will need to start the addon once and wait for it to fail, then quit XBMC and grab this file:

~/Library/Logs/xbmc.log

And post it on pastebin.com (or anywhere else you like).
I've installed this great addon, but I experience some problems.

The addon works ok. I have access to my iPhoto Library on my iMac via NFS, and when I open the addon, I see the different menus - "Events" and "Albums" for instance.

But whenever I enter "Albums", it seems I also get all the "Events" listed - a string like "E9EBE64E-E338-4FCB-A1EF-05FFB5C32252"... In effect, all the photos are listed twice: All the "Events" with the beforementioned string type, and the correct "Albums" strings...

What could cause this?

Is there an error in AlbumData.xml on the iMac?
(2012-10-16, 22:39)tenzion Wrote: But whenever I enter "Albums", it seems I also get all the "Events" listed - a string like "E9EBE64E-E338-4FCB-A1EF-05FFB5C32252"... In effect, all the photos are listed twice: All the "Events" with the beforementioned string type, and the correct "Albums" strings...

Is there an error in AlbumData.xml on the iMac?

The easiest way for me to help you is if you send me a copy of your AlbumData.xml (upload it somewhere and send me a PM with the link).

If you're not comfortable doing that, then I'll need to know the version of iPhoto you're using and I'll need a copy of your XBMC debug log. For the log, open XBMC, navigate to the addon, select Import Library. Then navigate to Albums. At this point, quit XBMC and send me the log.
Thanks jingai for a very fast reply!

I've sent you a PM with a link to AlbumData.xml. It's a shared link to the file on Dropbox - hope this is satisfactory? Do you have any suggestions as to where I could upload the file to otherwise?

I am running v9.4.1 (701.67) of iPhoto '11. Running Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2.
The debug log is here on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/BufaUjpH
(2012-10-16, 23:12)tenzion Wrote: Thanks jingai for a very fast reply!

I've sent you a PM with a link to AlbumData.xml. It's a shared link to the file on Dropbox - hope this is satisfactory? Do you have any suggestions as to where I could upload the file to otherwise?

I am running v9.4.1 (701.67) of iPhoto '11. Running Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2.
The debug log is here on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/BufaUjpH

Thanks, that's everything I needed. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, those strange albums (which appear to be UUIDs) actually exist in your XML. I'm not sure why.

If you search your XML for "AlbumName", you'll see what I mean. The addon parses those and uses the AlbumName key's value (the string) as the title of the Album to display in the list.

What you should do is... go to one of the albums with a funky name (in my addon) and try to determine which album it actually is. Then cross reference that with the album in iPhoto (on your Mac). Send me the title you see in my addon and the title you see in iPhoto.
Just thought of something.. do you happen to have un-named albums or events in your library? If so, that might be why they were assigned a UUID (to keep them unique in the XML).
Quote:What you should do is... go to one of the albums with a funky name (in my addon) and try to determine which album it actually is. Then cross reference that with the album in iPhoto (on your Mac). Send me the title you see in my addon and the title you see in iPhoto.
I've sent you a PM with the answer.

Regarding the library question - I haven't been using iPhoto much - but all the Albums are named (as they are imported from Lightroom), whereas none of the Events are named (not by me anyway).

I don't know if this complicates things that the Albums are imported (or rather exported) from Lightroom??

Does iPhoto do anything to the Albums/Events in this respect?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1