• 20(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
Quote:Likely it is the problem. I honestly hadn't considered anyone doing it this way (mounting the partition locally in another OS). Generally people pull it in over the network via SMB and the like.

I don't have a whole lot of time right this second to look at what might be happening, but to get the ball rolling, could you fire up XBMC and re-import your library, then post a link to your log? I need to see what it's doing with the paths.

Undoubtedly I can fix this or find a workaround for you, but since I don't have your setup here, I might need to do some back-and-forth with you if you don't mind.

Hi Jingai,

I'm glad you are willing to help me; I know my configuration is not usual... Here is the link to the logfile you have requested:

Logfile after importing library

Best regards,
Spider
@Spider,

Hmm. It looks like it's doing the right thing with the path on import:

Code:
09:54:30 T:6300  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Rewriting archive path '/Users/manuel/Documents/ApertureXBMC.aplibrary'
09:54:30 T:6300  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: as 'K:\Users\manuel\Documents\ApertureXBMC.aplibrary\'

Not sure why it's not actually using it. It's entirely possible that it's an issue specific to Windows, since I don't have a Windows machine and thus rarely test on it..

Let's try this: I have added some debugging to the parser to see what's happening with the paths. You'll need to replace the file:

Code:
addons/plugins.image.iphoto/resources/lib/iphoto_parser.py

with this one. Make sure you back up the original so you can put it back after this, since the new one is going to generate a lot of debug output (2 lines for every photo you have).

Then, re-import your library and send me the log file again.
(2013-08-31, 15:31)jingai Wrote: @Spider,

Hmm. It looks like it's doing the right thing with the path on import:

Code:
09:54:30 T:6300  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Rewriting archive path '/Users/manuel/Documents/ApertureXBMC.aplibrary'
09:54:30 T:6300  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: as 'K:\Users\manuel\Documents\ApertureXBMC.aplibrary\'

Not sure why it's not actually using it. It's entirely possible that it's an issue specific to Windows, since I don't have a Windows machine and thus rarely test on it..

Let's try this: I have added some debugging to the parser to see what's happening with the paths. You'll need to replace the file:

Code:
addons/plugins.image.iphoto/resources/lib/iphoto_parser.py

with this one. Make sure you back up the original so you can put it back after this, since the new one is going to generate a lot of debug output (2 lines for every photo you have).

Then, re-import your library and send me the log file again.

Something went wrong: when updating the libray, XBMC shows two error messages:

Library import failed
Database reset

And the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\plugin.image.iphoto\iphoto.db" has size 0 (zero).

Here the logfile:

xbmc.log
Apologies.. I was rushing because I'm on the way out the door, so no time to test right now. Try this one.
(2013-08-31, 16:00)jingai Wrote: Apologies.. I was rushing because I'm on the way out the door, so no time to test right now. Try this one.

That one worked. Here the logfile:

xbmc.log
How odd.. it's like the replace() method isn't working :/

Try this one. Same deal as before -- reimport library, try to view an image, then send me the log.
(2013-08-31, 19:45)jingai Wrote: How odd.. it's like the replace() method isn't working :/

Try this one. Same deal as before -- reimport library, try to view an image, then send me the log.

Hi Jingai, here the new xbmc.log:

xbmc.log
Spider_mp3, is your library referenced or managed?
(2013-09-03, 20:11)jingai Wrote: Spider_mp3, is your library referenced or managed?

Refereced. My masters (mainly raw-files) are located on another computer (called Server). Here the content of settings.xml.

<settings>
<setting id="album_ignore_empty" value="true" />
<setting id="album_ignore_flagged" value="true" />
<setting id="album_ignore_published" value="true" />
<setting id="albumdata_xml_path" value="K:\Users\manuel\Documents\ApertureXBMC.aplibrary\" />
<setting id="auto_update_lib" value="false" />
<setting id="confluence_view_albums" value="" />
<setting id="confluence_view_default" value="0" />
<setting id="confluence_view_events" value="" />
<setting id="confluence_view_faces" value="" />
<setting id="confluence_view_keywords" value="" />
<setting id="confluence_view_places" value="" />
<setting id="confluence_view_ratings" value="" />
<setting id="default_sort_dir" value="0" />
<setting id="default_sort_method" value="0" />
<setting id="hidden_keywords" value="" />
<setting id="hide_import_lib" value="false" />
<setting id="hide_view_readme" value="false" />
<setting id="managed_lib_enable" value="false" />
<setting id="masters_path" value="/Volumes/Fotos Masters/" />
<setting id="masters_real_path" value="smb://SERVER/Fotos Masters/" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_albums" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_default" value="0" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_events" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_faces" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_keywords" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_places" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_ratings" value="" />
<setting id="places_enable" value="false" />
<setting id="places_enable_maps" value="true" />
<setting id="places_labels" value="0" />
<setting id="places_show_fanart" value="true" />
</settings>
Spider, I see what's happening now. I think I've fixed this. Try this and let me know if it works. If it does, just keep the patched copy in place. The next release will overwrite it.

Make sure you test with several albums and photos. Basically, the issue is that unedited photos reference the master path, but edited images use the preview. I hadn't considered needing to do both substitutions because I hadn't considered anyone mounting the partition in another OS on the same machine.
(2013-09-03, 23:39)jingai Wrote: Spider, I see what's happening now. I think I've fixed this. Try this and let me know if it works. If it does, just keep the patched copy in place. The next release will overwrite it.

Make sure you test with several albums and photos. Basically, the issue is that unedited photos reference the master path, but edited images use the preview. I hadn't considered needing to do both substitutions because I hadn't considered anyone mounting the partition in another OS on the same machine.

Well done, Jingai! It's working! Thank you very much.

Why do you load the master file when the image is not edited? Wouldn't it be easier to always load previews?

Regards,
Spider
(2013-09-03, 23:53)Spider_mp3 Wrote: Well done, Jingai! It's working! Thank you very much.

Awesome. I'll add the patch upstream and it'll officially be in the next release.

(2013-09-03, 23:53)Spider_mp3 Wrote: Why do you load the master file when the image is not edited? Wouldn't it be easier to always load previews?

Well, I don't, per se. I use what Aperture/iPhoto tells me to use. In the case of unedited files, it points to the referenced master. For edited files, it points to its internally-generated Preview image.
(2013-09-03, 23:58)jingai Wrote: Well, I don't, per se. I use what Aperture/iPhoto tells me to use. In the case of unedited files, it points to the referenced master. For edited files, it points to its internally-generated Preview image.

I see... Well, it doesn't matter, the addon is working fine, and it is very fast!

I have some questions/wishes:

1) you mentioned in readme.txt, that ratings and keywords are not working with Aperture libraries. Do you plan to include this functionality in a future version?

2) My Aperture projects and albums are organized in a tree structure, with folders and sub-folders. Is it possible to keep the tree structure in XBMC?

3) Probably not related to iPhoto addon, but there is a problem displaying special characters, like umlaut. So the word "Débora" is displayed in XBMC as "D ebora", and "Aniversário" as "Aniversa rio". This is annoying for non-english languages. Do you know if it is possible to correct this?

Again, thanks for the awesome addon and excelent support.

Regards,
Spider
(2013-09-04, 00:21)Spider_mp3 Wrote: 1) you mentioned in readme.txt, that ratings and keywords are not working with Aperture libraries. Do you plan to include this functionality in a future version?

I do plan on it, but not entirely sure yet that I can do it. Aperture doesn't expose these items in the XML it outputs. They're obviously stored somewhere, but I'm not yet 100% I can get at it.

(2013-09-04, 00:21)Spider_mp3 Wrote: 2) My Aperture projects and albums are organized in a tree structure, with folders and sub-folders. Is it possible to keep the tree structure in XBMC?

This plugin was originally designed for iPhoto, which doesn't have the concept of folders. Unfortunately, it wasn't originally architected in a way that makes it easy to do. It's on my list of things to do, but since I don't use Aperture for viewing photos (only for editing), it's not the highest priority. My time is pretty limited these days Sad

(2013-09-04, 00:21)Spider_mp3 Wrote: 3) Probably not related to iPhoto addon, but there is a problem displaying special characters, like umlaut. So the word "Débora" is displayed in XBMC as "D ebora", and "Aniversário" as "Aniversa rio". This is annoying for non-english languages. Do you know if it is possible to correct this?

Hmm, it's working fine for me for both iPhoto and Aperture. I made an album in both called "Aniversário" and placed a photo in it called "Débora" -- both displayed fine in XBMC.

Maybe your skin is using a font that can't display the characters?
Hi Jingai,

nice to hear, that you are thinking about including these features. The addon, which is already excellent, would become fantastic!

(2013-09-04, 14:04)jingai Wrote: Maybe your skin is using a font that can't display the characters?

You're right, the problem seems to be related to the skin. I was using Transparency!. I switched to others (like Confluence and Quartz), and now the special characters are displayed correctly.

Regards,
Spider
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1