• 21(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
Joined the forum just to compliment this addon - works wonderfully. I had some issues with nfs sharing from my Mac to my Ubuntu based xbmc machine but once they were sorted all working quite well. My only question is:

Key photos - shouldn't events and people have key photos associated? None of mine show a thumbnail...
(2013-09-27, 19:47)d2a2 Wrote: Key photos - shouldn't events and people have key photos associated? None of mine show a thumbnail...

Yes, they should, but I'll need to see your log file to know why they're not. Do albums show the thumbnails?

Also, are you using iPhoto or Aperture? XBMC Frodo?
no thumbnails on albums.

my spec:

iPhoto 7.1.5 shared via nfs
xbmc frodo

add on: 2.1.7 - 20130821

possible relevant log message: ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(Volumes/Data/Users/d2a2/Pictures/iPhoto Library//Data/2008/15 Nov 2008_2/J1944x2592-28646_face0.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of ///Data failed with NFS3ERR_NOTDIR(-20)"

thanks
oh and the path to the jpg when dragged into terminal:

/Data.noindex/2008/15\ Nov\ 2008_2/J1944x2592-28646_face0.jpg

could the .noindex be the issue?
Hi,

I have xmbc on my mac and now just got a pivos which I flashed with the linux xbmc version. My iphoto library is on my mac (the photos are imported on the library - is this the "managed" option?).

When I use the iphoto plugin from the xbmc on the mac it works fine. On the pivos I set an smb to the directory but I cannot import the library. I dont think it is the plugin's problem as even if I browse the iPhoto Library\Originals directory even though I scroll the pictures they are not displayed...

Thanks in advance for any support

regards
(2013-09-29, 13:27)d2a2 Wrote: possible relevant log message: ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(Volumes/Data/Users/d2a2/Pictures/iPhoto Library//Data/2008/15 Nov 2008_2/J1944x2592-28646_face0.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of ///Data failed with NFS3ERR_NOTDIR(-20)"

If that's a cut-and-paste, I'm pretty sure there should be a / (forward slash) at the beginning of that path, just before Volumes. Typo in the iPhoto addon settings maybe?

(2013-09-29, 13:27)d2a2 Wrote: oh and the path to the jpg when dragged into terminal:

/Data.noindex/2008/15\ Nov\ 2008_2/J1944x2592-28646_face0.jpg

could the .noindex be the issue?

Possibly, but I don't really know. XBMC does need to be able to get at the file at the path listed above.

(2013-09-30, 11:52)lpapasp Wrote: I have xmbc on my mac and now just got a pivos which I flashed with the linux xbmc version. My iphoto library is on my mac (the photos are imported on the library - is this the "managed" option?).

When I use the iphoto plugin from the xbmc on the mac it works fine. On the pivos I set an smb to the directory but I cannot import the library. I dont think it is the plugin's problem as even if I browse the iPhoto Library\Originals directory even though I scroll the pictures they are not displayed...

I can only guess something is wrong with either the share or the mount on the Pivos, especially if XBMC can't browse there itself.

If you post your log I can have a look, though I don't have much experience with the Pivos. Make sure you hit Update Library once so I can see that in the log.
ok so here's a more in context log:

15:31:07 T:139872889784064 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(Volumes/Data/Users/d2a2/Pictures/iPhoto Library//Data/2007/14 Jul 2007/IMG_3100_face0.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of ///Data failed with NFS3ERR_NOTDIR(-20)"
15:31:07 T:139872889784064 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url nfs://192.168.1.10/Volumes/Data/Users/d2a2/Pictures/iPhoto Library//Data/2007/14 Jul 2007/IMG_3100_face0.jpg

It seem to be confused by the symlink (that iphoto sets up) between the Data folder and the Data.noindex folder that actually contains the image. My guess is using nfs is causing the issue. I'm going to scan through the addon and see if i can spot an easy way to confirm this...
I'm fairly certain I've seen others successfully use NFS with the add-on, but yes, in your case, "NFS: Lookup of ///Data failed with NFS3ERR_NOTDIR(-20)" certainly looks like the issue is with NFS, either from the server or in XBMC's NFS routines.

EDIT: This is a referenced library, I take it? Is the link to Data.noindex a POSIX symlink, or is it a MacOS X alias? If the latter, that would be the issue. You can probably workaround this with the path rewriting features of the addon.
So I just manually edited the iphoto.db of the addon, and edited the thumbpath from Data to Data.noindex and the thumb was displayed. It may be my library (perhaps it's been rebuilt after an update) but if anyone can think of a quick way to edit the python parser to insert the noindex, i'd be grateful. or is there a way of configuring nfs to follow the symlink invisibly? thanks
Symlinks should work -- they do over SMB, anyway. Is there something in your NFS server configuration that is prohibiting this, perhaps?

And also: you're sure it is a symlink and not a MacOS X alias right?

If you can't figure out how to get the symlink to resolve over NFS, you could use the path rewriting options in the addon, provided your library is referenced (photos are not copied into the iPhoto Library folder).
pretty sure. don't know how to confirm but it is listed as a l in ls -la

lrw-rw-rw- 1 d2a2 staff 14 12 Jul 2010 Data -> ./Data.noindex

NB - i didn't create the symlink. It's a standard part of the iPhoto library setup afaik.

My library is managed - photos are stored within the iPhoto Library folder.

I'll come up with a rewrite rule in python and apply it there...
It's not a standard part of the setup; at least, it's not on any of the half-dozen or so iPhoto installs I've seen.

My libraries all place the photos in "iPhoto Library/Masters/".

Oh wait... I just noticed you're on iPhoto 7, which is very, very old. I honestly don't know what works and what doesn't with v7. Is there some reason you haven't updated?
mostly laziness...Smile

i guessed it was probably something to do with that.

I'll tinker with the script for now and if i can't fix it up, i'll take the leap. thanks for your time
Alternatively, symlinks do work over SMB -- though I find it surprising that they don't over NFS. Have you checked your server configuration for things that might be preventing it? If all else fails, you could always consider using SMB.

All that said, I still can't guarantee that everything in my addon will work flawlessly with iPhoto 7.
just hacked in a replace routine for thumbpath so it works for now. i'm sure i'll update one day soon...
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1